LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4 & PS3) - Adventure Time DLC (p6)

Anything to do with games at all.
Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

PostLittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4 & PS3) - Adventure Time DLC (p6)
by Monkey Man » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:07 am

ImageImage

Release Date: 26th November 2014 in Europe (a week earlier elsewhere)
Format: PS4 & PS3
Developer: Sumo Digital with XDev & Media Molecule assisting.
Publisher: Sony Computer Enterainment
Price: £47.99 (PS4) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-LittleBigP ... B00KL3W5YA & £32 (PS3) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L ... 6AJMPWW4GC

Sackboy® is back − and he’s brought along new friends!

PlayStation’s most imaginative franchise, LittleBigPlanet™, is back with a new cast of playable plush characters in the biggest handcrafted adventure yet!

Three all-new hand-stitched heroes will completely change the way you play…

■Bound over walls as the quick and agile OddSock!
■Glide through the skies as the majestic Swoop!
■Transform Toggle between Big Toggle, a heavy strongman; and Little Toggle, a light speedster!

All the new characters are, like Sackboy, fully customizable and there will be plenty of quirky new costumes to collect in the game so you can express your own individuality.

Speaking of Sackboy - what about him? Well, our favorite knitted knight has been equipped with an all-new climbing ability and loads of brand-new power-ups including the amazing Pumpinator!

In LittleBigPlanet™ 3, explore a world filled with creativity as you explore all corners of the Imagisphere, meet the inhabitants of the mysterious planet Bunkum and face the nefarious Newton.

Discover endless surprises that the LittleBigPlanet™ Community have created and shared for you to enjoy, with new levels and games to play every day. Then if you’re feeling inspired, flex your creative muscles with the powerful and intuitive customization tools, to bring your own imagination to life in LittleBigPlanet™ 3.

LittleBigPlanet™ 3 is a perfect showcase for PS4™, featuring innovative support for the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller, stunning 1080p graphics and the ability to broadcast creations and gameplay clips with a touch of the SHARE button.

With Sackboy® or Sackgirl® and their new friends, the journey is just the start.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games ... anet-3-ps4

Reviews

Gamespot 7

Little Big Planet 3 has a lot going for it--including another magnificently crafted soundtrack--but is plagued by crippling bugs. I repeatedly fell through set pieces or failed to respawn, and twice respawned into a side-scrolling level behind a boss and had to restart, losing all progress. These bugs hindered progression and made playing through levels requiring more precision a nightmare. They were present at various points throughout my entire playthrough, and while they weren't occurring every other level, they were common enough that I was annoyed.

Little Big Planet 3 is the most difficult game in the series by virtue of its challenges. More complicated problems mean more tools to solve them, giving you a wide berth to choose your own path through Bunkum. The push for creativity is limited in the way you play the campaign, but it’s an overwhelming presence within creation mode, offering boundless ways to leave your own mark on Craftworld.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/little- ... 0-6415964/

IGN 6.8

LittleBigPlanet 3 is an enormous - and, at times, unruly - game. It’s Adventure mode is beautifully designed, and new power-ups and character abilities switch up the usual bread-and-butter platforming gameplay, but it’s let down by limited options for co-operative play and most significantly, a number of game-breaking bugs on the PlayStation 4. While a little daunting for newcomers, its supersized creation tookit has enormous potential for creating deep and diverse play, and it’s here where LittleBigPlanet 3 justifies its existence.

[Editor's note - a Day One patch for LittleBigPlanet 3 may resolve some of the bug issues, but we have gone over the upcoming list of fixes and there weren't enough pertinent to our experience to justify changing the score].

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/18/l ... t-3-review

Polygon 7

If anything, that's the theme LittleBigPlanet 3 left me pondering: delayed gratification. Despite switching to a new developer, it has the big ideas and wide-eyed, arms-open demeanor of the series at its best. Yet it never totally commits, never goes all the way with its new concepts and characters. LittleBigPlanet 3's devoted fans will surely craft some excellent levels in the months to come, but mostly this feels like a proof of concept for a much better LittleBigPlanet 4.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/18/72356 ... big-planet

Joystiq 4.5./5

The Adventure mode at the center of LittleBigPlanet 3 is a grand showcase of bold imagination like nothing else out there, with a wellspring of charm and warm-natured humor at its heart. Even so, Sumo Digital's brief 4-5 hours of polished, pre-made contributions pale in comparison to what could be – but that's essentially the point. The world that's been forged out of the enormous toy box this time around has never been more vibrant and inviting, but it's only a miniscule portion of what's now possible. As ever, LittleBigPlanet 3 is a foundation, upon which eager minds can start building even more inspiring content, and that process has been made more accessible than ever before.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/11/18/littl ... g-lessons/

Gameinformer 8,5

LittleBigPlanet 3 is a strong showing for Sackboy and company, but one that points to the fact that - unlike Nintendo's Mario, who's been reinvented many times over the years - this series' future is likely to follow the arc of another Sony platformer, Ratchet & Clank, by settling into a comfortable groove.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/littl ... nture.aspx

Edge 9

Eurogamer 7

It's a real shame, then, that LittleBigPlanet 3 is another Sony-published game that suffers from a litany of technical issues at launch. Even after applying a 'mandatory for review' patch, I had issues with clipping, screen tearing and noticeable frame-rate drops - particularly during co-op play. More serious problems included freezes lasting several seconds every time I pulled up the Popit menu, while two stages saw Sackboy disappear entirely after a checkpoint, forcing me to restart the level. Having quit the game after reaching the second hub, I was dismayed to find it still locked on my return, forcing me to complete the previous boss battle once more. A day one patch addresses some of these issues, though whether all these bugs will be resolved remains to be seen - and besides, that's little comfort to those with slow or intermittent broadband.

Without these problems, I'd have no hesitation in saying this is the best LittleBigPlanet game to date. The deeper integration of creative elements into the story is a big plus, as is the superior level design, and the new characters are very welcome, even if they're ultimately underused. But in its current state, it's hard to recommend without some serious caveats. Held together by Sellotape rather than superglue, LittleBigPlanet 3 is in constant danger of falling apart.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... t-3-review

Metro Gamecentral 7

The best bits of LittleBigPlanet have always been making your own levels and/or playing those that other people have made. That’s not because the story campaigns have been awful, but merely that they’ve made seemingly unnecessary mistakes that bring the side down. Frustratingly that’s still the case here, with Sumo missing a completely open goal by not making more of the otherwise endearing new characters.

What’s left is still hugely entertaining and creative but still barely any closer to being the definitive LittleBigPlanet experience.

In Short: LittleBigPlanet is once again its own worst enemy, as it fails to make the best use of its own fun new characters. Although the creation tools are the most accessible they’ve ever been.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/19/littlebig ... s-4953760/

EGM 9

The third proper installment of Sony’s LittleBigPlanet series adds three new characters, several new tools, and a creation system with more options than ever before. Plus, the game is backward-compatible, so every unlocked item or created level from the first two games can be used here. Whether you just want to play or want to prove you’re a top-notch designer, LittleBigPlanet 3 should have what you’re looking for.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/ ... gplanet-3/

Destructoid 7.5

With all of the innovations LittleBigPlanet 3 brings with Toggle, Oddsock, and Swoop, it's a shame they aren't allowed to show off their stuff on a regular basis, because they are the best thing to happen to the series in years. It would be nice to see them return in a big way in a potential sequel, but for now hardcore LBP fans should have enough creation options to last them until that point.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-littl ... 3720.phtml[/quote]

Gametrailers 9.2 - http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/rgx ... t-3-review

CVG 9

This is undoubtedly the best entry in the series, giving an unparalleled creative experience on console. But it's also the most confusing. More accessible, terrifying, approachable and incomprehensible than ever. There's plenty of creative fun to be had, but if you're going to take it really seriously then it's going require a lot of blood, sweat and stitches.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/48 ... es-review/

Currently 78% on metacritic - http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... igplanet-3

PS4 version is 1080p & PS3 version is 720p. Both run at 30fps.

Last edited by Monkey Man on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:43 am, edited 11 times in total.
Dual
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Little Big Planet 3 (PS4)
by Dual » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:42 am

looks like the last one

Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Eighthours » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:01 am

The platforming looks as floaty, gooseberry fool and game-ruining as ever. LBP could be such a great series if they tightened that aspect up, but it'll never reach its potential when someone so fundamental to the gameplay experience is bollocks. I appreciate how they're hamstrung by deciding to support old levels, but surely this issue is going to sully the game yet again. Baffling, baffling design choice.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:03 am

Loved every game so far, well maybe not Karting so I am down for another one. This will be the game we play at Christmas.

1cmanny1
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by 1cmanny1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:14 am

Some of you have no taste at all. LBP is great, much fun was had by the others and I am very excited by this.

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:40 am

suzzopher wrote:Loved every game so far, well maybe not Karting so I am down for another one. This will be the game we play at Christmas.
Snap! Don't think I could do another karting but welcome another LBP. Will mean I'll need to buy another 2 controllers so the kids can play, so fairly expensive game.

Yes?
GrinWithoutaKat
Joined in 2009

by GrinWithoutaKat » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:44 am

Have they mentioned who's developing this at all?

I was really hoping to see a new Media Molecule game yesterday.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:45 am

A great game simply because there is so much to download from everyone else. But as an actual straight platformer it's behind that of even some of the more basic PSone titles in my view. And when put up against something like the latest Rayman it's really crappy.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:47 am

Death's Head » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:40 am wrote:
suzzopher wrote:Loved every game so far, well maybe not Karting so I am down for another one. This will be the game we play at Christmas.
Snap! Don't think I could do another karting but welcome another LBP. Will mean I'll need to buy another 2 controllers so the kids can play, so fairly expensive game.

I'm hoping they do a DS4 and PlayStation TV bundle over here, that'll take care of another pad. I am going to need two more pads by Christmas though, Towerfall and Sports Friends over Christmas holiday is going to be amazing fun!

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Eighthours » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:01 am wrote:The platforming looks as floaty, gooseberry fool and game-ruining as ever. LBP could be such a great series if they tightened that aspect up, but it'll never reach its potential when someone so fundamental to the gameplay experience is bollocks. I appreciate how they're hamstrung by deciding to support old levels, but surely this issue is going to sully the game yet again. Baffling, baffling design choice.

In LBP2 you could change how the character controls to make it less floaty of you wanted. I'm sure it will be the same here.

Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Skarjo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:28 pm

I've never been able to resist LBP this far, I doubt I'll be able to resist this one neither.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:32 pm

They haven't put out a bad game in the series yet, but man, this looked really rough.

Dig Dug
Joined in 2011

by Dig Dug » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:36 pm

They are going to make a strawberry floating killing out of dog dolls.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:38 pm

jiggles » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:32 pm wrote:They haven't put out a bad game in the series yet, but man, this looked really rough.

I would imagine the shift from PS3 to PS4 is to blame.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Dig Dug » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:36 pm wrote:They are going to make a strawberry floating killing out of dog dolls.

I remember when they gave out free Sack Boy dolls from their YouTube account :wub:

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Mafro » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:41 pm wrote:
Dig Dug » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:36 pm wrote:They are going to make a strawberry floating killing out of dog dolls.

I remember when they gave out free Sack Boy dolls from their YouTube account :wub:

Still have mine :wub:

BID0
Joined in 2008

by BID0 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:53 pm

I'll get this when it's on PS+

Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Skarjo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:09 pm

suzzopher » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:42 pm wrote:

I hope mine is in storage still.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:11 pm

suzzopher » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:42 pm wrote:

As do I. :wub:

Very happy this is happening anyway, new characters look great.

Fuzzy Dunlop
Joined in 2008

by Fuzzy Dunlop » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:17 pm

GrinWithoutaKat wrote:Have they mentioned who's developing this at all?

Sumo Digital

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumo_Digital

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?

Return to “Games”