PostRe: The Wrestling Thread: WWE Headlock in a Cell
by Psychic » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:14 pm

MVP :lol:

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:33 pm

"Hell" in a Cell has been and gone. One of the worst PPVs in recent years. The less said the better. In other news it seems as though Zellery has returned to GR regularly. Sly play on ROTS part trying to wind Zellery up, poor play on Deadpool's part of becoming a Zellery brown-noser. You're rivals FFS!

WWE Hell in a Cell
Irene Demova - DISQUALIFIED (Edited post just before start of show)
Dark Dragon 64 - DISQUALIFIED (Posted one minute before the show started)

Sykes - 11
Trugamez - 11

Deadpool - 9
BlackoutHero - 9
Teh Bork - 8
Balloon Sod - 8
Ginga - 8
Hank Scorpio - 8
Sw26 - 7
Born Skippy - 6
ROTS - 6
Gaminglegend - 5
Lonestar - 5
Chocolate Jim - 5 (Predicted Cena vs Punk for the last two!?!?!)
AJ Styles - 5
Zellery - 5
Taskmaster - 4
E-man - 4
Lucien - 4
Adam Pollard - 3
KKLEIN - 3
BaronZemo - 3

So Sykes and Trugamez will face off in our second ever Paper, Scissors and The Rock. You two need to send me your five moves asap. There will be a winner!

GRAPL Leaderboard
Deadpool - 79
Zellery - 79
Balloon Sod - 71
Taskmaster - 70
Sykes - 70
Hank Scorpio - 70
Trugamez - 69
sw26 - 69
AJ STYLES - 69
Return of the star - 68
Lonestar - 60
Born Skippy - 60
Teh Bork - 59
Adam Pollard - 58
Drumstick- 56
KKLEIN - 56
Blackouthero - 55
Gaminglegend - 55
E-man - 55
Chocolate Jim - 54
Irene Demova - 51
Dark Dragon 64 - 51
Lucien - 51
Prototype - 45
Cropolite - 43
Ginga - 41
Ironmaiden - 25
Baronzemo - 21

So Zellery and Deadpool are now pegging on points........but because I've randomly decided to alphabetise the top two it means that Zellery's name is no longer at the top of the board!

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Take this for what it's worth...

According to numerous sources, the Undertaker took issue with the way Punk dressed as World Champion & how he was representing the company over-seas. Punk replied with something to the effect of "What about John Cena?"

This got back to WWE management and they took it as Punk thinking he was a bigger star than John Cena. Then the decision was made to take the belt off Punk at Hell in a Cell and put the match as the opener.

The problems with Punk and losing the title has been the talk of the SmackDown locker room for the past two days. As noted last night before the show, several on the SmackDown brand were under the impression that Undertaker was winning and he did. There are some who are wondering why Undertaker was given the title considering his limited schedule and health problems with the feeling that it was too soon to take the title off Punk.

Word is that WWE is planning to push Punk back down to the mid card & focus on a Batista vs. Undertaker feud for the World Heavyweight Title over the coming months.

Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Hang on Rog what's wrong with editing just before the event?

vesp
Joined in 2008

by vesp » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:49 pm

I posted something similar to that futher up.

It's a shambles though. What was Takers problem, really? :roll:

And Cena can suck my nut, even if he had nothing to do with this.

Balloon Sod
Joined in 2008

by Balloon Sod » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:21 pm

But Vince even personally excused Punk from the dress code, because:

"Without your tattoos showing, you're not CM Punk"

I did think a couple of those knees in that match were quite stiff though. Not a good idea stiffing Taker in the head for vengence.

A J Styles
Joined in 2008

by A J Styles » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:19 pm

KKLEIN wrote:Take this for what it's worth...

According to numerous sources, the Undertaker took issue with the way Punk dressed as World Champion & how he was representing the company over-seas. Punk replied with something to the effect of "What about John Cena?"

This got back to WWE management and they took it as Punk thinking he was a bigger star than John Cena. Then the decision was made to take the belt off Punk at Hell in a Cell and put the match as the opener.

The problems with Punk and losing the title has been the talk of the SmackDown locker room for the past two days. As noted last night before the show, several on the SmackDown brand were under the impression that Undertaker was winning and he did. There are some who are wondering why Undertaker was given the title considering his limited schedule and health problems with the feeling that it was too soon to take the title off Punk.

Word is that WWE is planning to push Punk back down to the mid card & focus on a Batista vs. Undertaker feud for the World Heavyweight Title over the coming months.

Another Baptista vs Taker fued? :| :x :roll:

I missed HIAC last night anyone know where i can find it for free, i have looked on Justin to see if they are replaying it.

Phatman
Joined in 2008

by Phatman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:40 pm

KKLEIN wrote:Take this for what it's worth...

...and I'm back to not being interested in wrestling if that happens.

Batista is gooseberry fool. Just a big man who smashes with a totally uninteresting character. John Cena is gooseberry fool too. Just another 'superman' type wrestler who doesn't sell anything aimed at the kiddy market - which judging by their declining audiences, was the wrong way to take the business. CM Punk is a really good wrestler with an interesting character, so naturally they aren't interested.

"Fire Fighters are like Ghostbusters, except they fight fire - not ghosts"
Ginga
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread: WWE Hell in a Cell; TONIGHT, SBO
by Ginga » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Jam-Master Jay wrote:This whole PPV has been shite. :x

3 HIAC matches in one night really is too many.

When they're done like this it's too much, yeah. But last night wasn't anything like the Hell in a Cell matches we've come to know. It was utterly strawberry floatin' pointless.

What I don't get is the double-standards from the WWE. There's no blood because it's PG but it's alright for your champion to 'punt' another guy in the head (as a finisher) and your other face uses a sledgehammer? :| :fp:

If they are trying to send a cleaner message to kids then surely they're going the wrong way about it? Wouldn't it be much more dangerous for kids to boot their mate in the skull than spread ketchup on their face?

I cringe everytime I see DX. Odd that they were once the guys who pushed boundaries and took part in some of the most controversial and out-right offensive angles in the business. Now they're handing out glow-sticks and t-shirts to kids :fp:

Can someone tell Randy Orton to quit that annoying strawberry floating over-acting he pulls every single week? Jesus H Denster. He's possibly the most boring A list main eventer that I've seen.

Cody Rhodes. He looks like a cross between Elijah Wood and Katy Perry. The idea that he's 'threatening' is laughable and he should be shovelled into the gooseberry fool pile a.s.a.p
DiBiase could probably make a decent run on his own, although he's still altogether 'meh'.

It'd be nice for Morrison to get a gimmick that wasn't, for all intents and purposes, strawberry floatin' stupid.

The less said about R-Truth and his entrance the better. Drew McIntyre looks like he could be an interesting match-up for one of the top guys but they have to make that booking now before he's buried in mid-card forever. Also, his Ayr accent is awful. Make him shut up.

Big Ben, tonight. He was brilliant last night in a brilliant game. The time I wasted on HIAC should have been spent watching that from the start on FIVE.

Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:06 pm

So Punk is in the doghouse over something as stupid as that. :fp:

If the WWE are going to bury their best heel and push him back to the midcard over something like that then they really do deserve to be losing their audience. strawberry floating. Joke. :fp: I thought SmackDown was already going down the shitter since the addition of Batista, and Vince's weekly appearances, but now there's going to be even less reason to watch the show.

And on another note, what made the WWE think that having 3 of the same gimmick match at a PPV was a good idea? It was bad enough with the Championship Scramble and Elimination Chamber matches over the past year or so. You'd have thought the WWE would have realised that by the end of the night the fans are bored and tired from seeing the same thing over and over again.

Chocolate Jim
Joined in 2008

by Chocolate Jim » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Rog wrote:
Chocolate Jim - 5 (Predicted Cena vs Punk for the last two!?!?!)

As if the wrestling wasn't :fp: enough.

This has been said but WWE have positioned their brand all wrong ... in simple terms..

When I was younger the attitude ERA pitched a concept that was aspirational to youths and aimed at adults ... ticking both boxes.

Now the brands is pitched at Kids ... which adults hate ...and kids don't want to be kids ... i.e. THE BRAND APPEALS TO NO ONE!!!!

Poncho
Joined in 2008

by Poncho » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:15 pm

Ginga wrote:
Can someone tell Randy Orton to quit that annoying strawberry floating over-acting he pulls every single week? Jesus H Denster. He's possibly the most boring A list main eventer that I've seen.

Oh God this. There's an air of extreme homo eroticism when he starts pulling those weird faces at his opponents. We get it Randy: you're some kind of snake.

Adam Pollard
Joined in 2008

by Adam Pollard » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Poncho wrote:
Ginga wrote:

Oh God this. There's an air of extreme homo eroticism when he starts pulling those weird faces at his opponents. We get it Randy: you're some kind of snake.

Viper. That viper Orton. Coiled up like a viper.

strawberry float OFF MICHEAL COLE.

Ginga
Joined in 2008

by Ginga » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Adam Pollard wrote:
Poncho wrote:
Ginga wrote:

Viper. That viper Orton. Coiled up like a viper.

strawberry float OFF MICHEAL COLE.

Thankfully, I decided against the drinking game.

GRcade and Michael Cole: Making alcoholism rates soar.

Also, King strawberry floated up at the end of that match. He said Cena instead of Orton when going back to some piss-poor line he'd been trying to work for the entire match about "cogs turning" and "just doing". Please just put him and JR back together :fp:

Poncho
Joined in 2008

by Poncho » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:40 pm

And when they do put them together, make King pro-heel again. The constant mutual agreement is so stale to listen to.

sw26
Joined in 2008

by sw26 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Steiner - :lol:
The CZW Air Horn guy - :lol: :lol:

Irene Demova
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

by Irene Demova » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:29 pm

I thought the PPV started at 2 not 1 :fp:
It's not like I acted off any insider information or anything :(

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:11 am

sw26 wrote:

Steiner - :lol:

I think that Steiner promo got edited off our UK broadcast. Might have to go back & check.

ATTENTION EVERYONE

Expect another Randy Orton vs. John Cena gimmick match to be announced for the Bragging Rights PPV tonight on Raw.

strawberry float YEAH!

(Someone get me a gun...)

Baron Zemo
Joined in 2009
AKA: Jim

by Baron Zemo » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:22 am

KKLEIN wrote:ATTENTION EVERYONE

Expect another Randy Orton vs. John Cena gimmick match to be announced for the Bragging Rights PPV tonight on Raw.

**** YEAH!

(Someone get me a gun...)

Make it quick :P

Return to “Archive”