Currently Playing in 2014....

Our best bits.
Pacman
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by Pacman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:31 am

The Last of Us

Bloody hell this is a good game. Just started Spring. Winter :shock: :shock: :shock:

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

PostCurrently Playing in 2014....
by ITSMILNER » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:08 am

Rayman Legends (PS4)

Finished the main stuff but I need another 125 lums to open the living dead section so i'm going through the origins paintings now, much prefer playing this on the Dualshock 4 than the Wii U gamepad

Lotus
Joined in 2008

by Lotus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:44 am

Puzzle Quest 2

I’m enjoying it so far, a few hours in. The Quest mode is decent, in a fun-game-to-play-without-having-to-think-too-much way. Not keen on the obsession with replicating the core gameplay mechanic into every aspect of the game though. Want to go through a locked door? Matching puzzle! Want to pick up some loot? Matching puzzle!

It really makes me lose interest in those bits. I know it’s a puzzle/matching game, but come on, not everything has to include that. A bit of variety would’ve been nice, or just allowing me to pick up items normally.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:59 am

I played the demo of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle last night, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Seems like a really solid Cyberconnect 2 fighter.

Might pick up the full game when hits about £20.

Johnny Jalfrezi
Joined in 2008

by Johnny Jalfrezi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:22 am

Put a couple of hours into Stick of Truth last night and still waiting for it to get good. There's been a couple of LOL IRL moments, but so far this has the whiff of the emperor's new clothes. I mean - slowdown? Frequent and protracted loading screens? Really? They can get Titanfall running on an Xbox 360 but the hardware struggles with a South Park game? I'm willing to bet that you could get this running on a ZX Spectrum. Not convinced by it at all, so far...

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:28 am

Johnny Jalfrezi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:22 am wrote:Put a couple of hours into Stick of Truth last night and still waiting for it to get good. There's been a couple of LOL IRL moments, but so far this has the whiff of the emperor's new clothes. I mean - slowdown? Frequent and protracted loading screens? Really? They can get Titanfall running on an Xbox 360 but the hardware struggles with a South Park game? I'm willing to bet that you could get this running on a ZX Spectrum. Not convinced by it at all, so far...

Obsidian are strawberry floating terrible at making games at a technical level, I love their games for the their mechanics but they are technical garbage.

I bought it on PS3 yesterday, I have a huge backlog of RPGs at the moment so no idea why I bought another one :fp:

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:44 pm

Brothers (PS3)

Bloody hell. It looks strawberry floating beautiful. Shame about the pop in graphics at times. Possibly one of the must play titles.

It's criminal it took me long to play this.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:23 pm

magicmilner wrote:Rayman Legends (PS4)

Finished the main stuff but I need another 125 lums to open the living dead section so i'm going through the origins paintings now, much prefer playing this on the Dualshock 4 than the Wii U gamepad

Need 49 more Teenies to open up the living dead world but I have no more Origin levels available, is it just pure chance they unlock on the scratchcards or is there a way to unlock the origin levels quicker?

kommissarboris
Joined in 2009

by kommissarboris » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:46 pm

Dark Dragon 64 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:59 am wrote:I also meant in terms of difficulty. I only had trouble with a few bosses and that was because I put no points into Dexterity so my ranged attacks were quite limited. I don't think that there's anything in Demon's that's as tough as the Tomb of the Giants. Where are you at the moment?

Not that far, I'm guessing I'm outta practice, been a long time since playing Dark souls.

Playing a Preist, not far in, staying away from wiki's, I think I went to the wrong areas, once I killed the hugh knight at tne end of that god forsaken bridge I went to the tower and got wrecked.

So I figured this isn't the place to be and headed to Stonefang and I'm making progress, think the next fog gate is the next boss, might be wrong, but I think so.

Got myself the Bastard Sword, old fav from Dark souls and keeping myself lightly armoured with a decent amount of strength and dex with miracles mainly at this momment for healing.

Enjoying it, just seems harder from the get go that Dark souls, imo.

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.
Johnny Jalfrezi
Joined in 2008

by Johnny Jalfrezi » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:49 pm

magicmilner » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:23 pm wrote:

Need 49 more Teenies to open up the living dead world but I have no more Origin levels available, is it just pure chance they unlock on the scratchcards or is there a way to unlock the origin levels quicker?

I've unlocked the Living Dead bit but have barely touched the Origins levels - think I've done 4 or 5 levels. I found that, by the time I'd finished the previous levels, I had pretty much the right amount needed - just had to go back through some of the early levels.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:34 pm

Johnny Jalfrezi wrote:
magicmilner » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:23 pm wrote:

I've unlocked the Living Dead bit but have barely touched the Origins levels - think I've done 4 or 5 levels. I found that, by the time I'd finished the previous levels, I had pretty much the right amount needed - just had to go back through some of the early levels.

Yeah think i need to just go through the previous levels and collect the left over teenies that way

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:16 pm

Dark Dragon 64 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:51 pm wrote:I love Graces; it might even be my favourite Tales title. I've just started the Future Arc and I'd play a New Game + if I didn't have Xillia, FF X/X-2 and Ni No Kuni waiting.

I'd recommend getting the PSN version of Graces as it's currently on sale. Symphonia is also on the PSN so there's a chance that it will be on sale in the future.

Tales of Vesperia still remains my favorite Tales game. Wish they could release it on the PS3 over here

PLAY | Final Fantasy VII Rebirth [92h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S2, HiJack S1, The Apprentice S18
RACE | Westonbirt Half (March), Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Fruits Punch Samurai
Joined in 2008

by Fruits Punch Samurai » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Warface. It's okay as a free to play shooter, but it really lacks an identity.

PuppetBoy
Joined in 2008

by PuppetBoy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Somewhat late to the party, I've finally decided to brave taking Hitman Absolution out of the shrink-wrap.

My initial reaction to the first part of the game isn't actually as negative as one might expect. There are some elements to the game that are enjoyable. There are at least a two ways to do the Chinatown level, that's pleasantly Hitman, and the hotel was alright. You could walk around and blend in a bit, and quietly murder maids if you're that way inclined. The story and general tone seems unnecessarily overbearing and awful but I'm prepared for that already.

However I am now in the midst of this escape from the library/rooftops bollocks. What's going on with this big action avoid the helicopter set-piece? :dread: This isn't what I want from a Hitman game.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Mercenary Kings (PS4)

This is pretty good, hard though! Just done 2 missions and failed the 3rd one I attempted (kill 8 snipers, I could not find the last one and ran out of time) good fun and I like the graphical style so I'll stick with it

Super Dragon 64
Joined in 2008

by Super Dragon 64 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:17 pm

kommissarboris » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:46 pm wrote:
Dark Dragon 64 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:59 am wrote:I also meant in terms of difficulty. I only had trouble with a few bosses and that was because I put no points into Dexterity so my ranged attacks were quite limited. I don't think that there's anything in Demon's that's as tough as the Tomb of the Giants. Where are you at the moment?

Not that far, I'm guessing I'm outta practice, been a long time since playing Dark souls.

Playing a Preist, not far in, staying away from wiki's, I think I went to the wrong areas, once I killed the hugh knight at tne end of that god forsaken bridge I went to the tower and got wrecked.

So I figured this isn't the place to be and headed to Stonefang and I'm making progress, think the next fog gate is the next boss, might be wrong, but I think so.

Got myself the Bastard Sword, old fav from Dark souls and keeping myself lightly armoured with a decent amount of strength and dex with miracles mainly at this momment for healing.

Enjoying it, just seems harder from the get go that Dark souls, imo.

It sounds like you're going in the right direction. The Tower Knight isn't too bad once you get the hang of the battle. Nonetheless, Stonefang is a good place to go if you're having trouble with the Tower Knight.

Rubix » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:16 pm wrote:
Dark Dragon 64 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:51 pm wrote:I love Graces; it might even be my favourite Tales title. I've just started the Future Arc and I'd play a New Game + if I didn't have Xillia, FF X/X-2 and Ni No Kuni waiting.

I'd recommend getting the PSN version of Graces as it's currently on sale. Symphonia is also on the PSN so there's a chance that it will be on sale in the future.

Tales of Vesperia still remains my favorite Tales game. Wish they could release it on the PS3 over here

I really enjoyed playing through Vesperia but ultimately it didn't do enough to displace Symphonia as my favourite. The new combat system in Graces f makes battles more tactical and therefore interesting while maintaining the classic Tales formula. The game also has some incredible music and Pascal is one of the most amusing characters I've ever seen. It definitely gives Symphonia a run for its money and is a wonderful game. If you're a Tales fan, you should definitely play it.

Banjo
Joined in 2008

by Banjo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Been playing a bit of Pazza Mazza: Stizza Stazza on the 3DS lately. After a slow beginning I'm starting to warm to it, quite like the sticker business.

_wheredoigonow_
Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:36 pm

NES Remix 2. Not sure what is better between this and the first. They both stack up to the same quality for me. If I remember correctly, I gave the first one 7/10, and I'd agree with that for this one too. Enjoying it in short bursts, I've done everything bar Remix 2 and the Bonus stages.

The added bonus of Super Luigi Bros is neat, but I haven't tried that beyond two levels.

kommissarboris
Joined in 2009

by kommissarboris » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:39 pm

Completed Hotline Miami, this time on the PS3.

Extra mask is odd.

Still a fantastic game, but I prefer the PC controls over a console controller.

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.
Irene Demova
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

by Irene Demova » Thu May 01, 2014 5:05 am

I tried playing The Amazing Spiderman 2 since the first was a pretty fun, if flawed, game.

Dear god it's bad

Return to “Archive”