A Song of Ice and Fire

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: A Song of Ice and Fire
by Memento Mori » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Irene Demova » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:05 pm wrote:I started the first book again in a determined effort to read the whole lot fairly quickly and get on to the tv show, then I got to strawberry floating Bran and ten strawberry floating pages of him on his little strawberry floating horse being worried about everything. It's taken me a week to read that bloody chapter :x

:lol: Bran chapter 1 (or 2 spoilers)- Falling from that tower is the most interesting thing Bran does in the entire book.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:35 pm

1cmanny1 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:40 pm wrote:
Moggy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:04 pm wrote:I do love reading peoples reactions in the TV thread. :lol:

Interesting that none of them have picked up on the Hound not feeling very well....

I enjoy that as well. They all love the hound segments :lol: I am dreading Dance going, he is a great character.

I think the next season is going to struggle to be as good.I can't remember anything interesting happening after all this.

Next season will be ok, they are mixing the books together so there should be enough exciting stuff to keep us going.

I am also dreading Dance leaving, but his last scene should be amazing!

Senor_Coconut
Joined in 2010

by Senor_Coconut » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Can't we just put Dance in a wig and give him a beard and call him Kevan Lannister?

Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Skarjo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Can any book readers confirm whether the show has mentioned Oberyn's poisonous spear yet please?

No, I don't mean syphillis.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Skarjo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:54 pm wrote:Can any book readers confirm whether the show has mentioned Oberyn's poisonous spear yet please?

Pretty sure it hasn't though his squire was wiping it with a rag before the fight so they'll probably keep the poison in.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:01 pm

Memento Mori » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:59 pm wrote:
Skarjo » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:54 pm wrote:Can any book readers confirm whether the show has mentioned Oberyn's poisonous spear yet please?

Pretty sure it hasn't though his squire was wiping it with a rag before the fight so they'll probably keep the poison in.

Yeah they clearly showed that and so I would imagine they are keeping that in.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:46 pm

Irene Demova » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:05 pm wrote:I started the first book again in a determined effort to read the whole lot fairly quickly and get on to the tv show, then I got to strawberry floating Bran and ten strawberry floating pages of him on his little strawberry floating horse being worried about everything. It's taken me a week to read that bloody chapter :x

Exactly what I did like a month or so ago. Raced through the book again, was really enjoying it. Then hit the first Bran chapter and struggled. Gave up once I got to the 2nd and I've given it my dad to read now :lol:

Seriously if Bran's shitty little journey doesn't result in something worthwhile then I will rage.

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:57 pm

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:02 pm

JUST FINISH BOOK 6 ALREADY FOR FFS!

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
1cmanny1
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by 1cmanny1 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:04 pm

If he does I would finally be able to rip in peace!!

Irene Demova
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

by Irene Demova » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:06 pm

To think it was supposed to be a trilogy :lol:

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:51 pm

8 books? :fp:

Do we know yet which episode of this series Tywin will die? I am assuming it will be in Mondays episode?

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Moggy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:51 pm wrote:8 books? :fp:

Do we know yet which episode of this series Tywin will die? I am assuming it will be in Mondays episode?

4x09 is completely set at the Wall and is directed by the guy who did the Blackwater ep. It presumably ends with (Storm of Swords) Stannis! Stannis! Stannis! :datass:

(Massive Storm of Swords spoilers)
Tywin getting got will probably be the last scene in the finale before (Massive Feast For Crows spoilers) Stoneheart hangs Brienne.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:10 pm

That makes sense, cheers.

Two good episodes to look forward to!

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Tania Raymonde's audition tape for Obara Sand next season has been leaked. Notable deviation from the books in there too- Jaime in Dorne?

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:48 pm

One question regarding the TV show.

I wonder how they'll able to follow the Bree going after the Hound and found out its an impostor? Remember that the impostor got his hands on the Hound's unique dog helmet. There is no sign of it (generally can't remember if it was ever shown in the TV series at all?!?!)

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
smurphy
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child

by smurphy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Wedgie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm wrote:One question regarding the TV show.

I wonder how they'll able to follow the Bree going after the Hound and found out its an impostor? Remember that the impostor got his hands on the Hound's unique dog helmet. There is no sign of it (generally can't remember if it was ever shown in the TV series at all?!?!)

Presumably a lot of that stuff is going to get changed (which is strawberry floating gooseberry fool because it's some of the best parts). Rorge and Biter are already dead, so her stuff with them can't happen. The Hound's story is playing out a little different, and he doesn't even have a dog helm in this, so none of that can play out. I've even heard rumours that Brienne gets hanged at the end of this season, which if true is utter bullshit.

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Up to date books spoilers as I don't remember what books those spoilers belong to.
Well she did get hanged in the books by Stoneheart, but she screamed just one word.

It was because of that word, she survived.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Ironhide
Fiend
Joined in 2008

by Ironhide » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:29 pm

Brienne storyline spoilers (Current TV pace)

I know Rorge has been killed but when did Biter die?

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:56 pm

Ironhide » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:29 pm wrote:Brienne storyline spoilers (Current TV pace)

I know Rorge has been killed but when did Biter die?

Remember the episode where the Hound mercy killed a villager who was stabbed in his stomach. Biter was the one who jumped and bite his neck.

Hound snapped his neck and then the other one appeared and Arya stabbed him.

Apparently as I thought both was the same guy. :slol: :fp:

Return to “Stuff”