Crackdown 3 (XB1/W10)

Anything to do with games at all.
Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

PostRe: New Crackdown coming? Develop says announced tonight
by Harry Bizzle » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Crackdown was a great game at the time (still can't believe they gave it away for free with the Halo Beta), but I don't think it's anything to really get excited about in the here and now. 2 was incredibly mediocre.

In fact, when I think of a game that would do Crackdown justice at present, it seems to me that it's already being made and it's called Sunset Overdrive.

instagram: @habiz
Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Harry Bizzle » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:09 pm wrote:Crackdown was a great game at the time (still can't believe they gave it away for free with the Halo Beta), but I don't think it's anything to really get excited about in the here and now. 2 was incredibly mediocre.

In fact, when I think of a game that would do Crackdown justice at present, it seems to me that it's already being made and it's called Sunset Overdrive.

True but head of team that done original is a plus for Crackdown 3.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Codename 47 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:54 am wrote:Brilliant news :datass: I hope it is a proper sequel though. I'm not sure if Crackdown 1 really needs a remake. Also I reckon Crackdown is a franchise they can afford to make next gen only if they do a good job I can see it tempting some folk into buying an Xbox.

Crackdown had a remake, it was Crackdown 2.

bear
Joined in 2008

by bear » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:34 pm

There was some good stuff in Crackdown 2 but overall it was very disappointing. I liked the wingsuit and the maps that showed how many orbs you had picked up but most of the game was a step backwards.
I just hope they don't over egg the pudding in an attempt to justify it being a $60 game and add a whole mess of dull side missions.

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:44 pm

Crackdown 2 was rushed with a very short development time, so hopefully Crackdown 3 will have longer in the oven and turn out better for it.

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: New Crackdown coming?
by tomvek » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Monkey Man » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:23 am wrote:
A new Crackdown announcement will be made at Xbox's E3 Press Conference, Develop understands.

Our source suggest the open world series will be return during tonight's event, although the nature of the announcement is not quite clear. While it's most likely to be a brand new (and long overdue) outing in the series – undoubtedly for Xbox One, but possibly for Xbox 360 as well – it could even be a remastering of the 2007 original.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/crac ... ht/0193888

:mrgreen:

Can't wait to see what it looks like on new hardware :datass:

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Crackdown (Xbox One) announced!!!
by Monkey Man » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Just announced at the conference with a CGI video.

Jax
Joined in 2008

by Jax » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:04 pm

There was some pretty impressive stuff in that trailer, or it will be if you can actually do it in-game.

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Other than the fact its definitely coming that trailer meant absolutely nothing. Of course you can do ridiculous gooseberry fool in CG, it wasn't gameplay so it doesn't count.

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:25 pm

So destructible scenery, yeah? Very excited for a new Crackdown under Dave Jones.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:26 pm

Does look more like number 1 which is great news, wonder if its a remake as it wasn't numbered?

Codename 47
Joined in 2008

by Codename 47 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:27 pm

Garth » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:25 pm wrote:So destructible scenery, yeah? Very excited for a new Crackdown under Dave Jones.

Yeah I'm hoping the trailer was a hint at what well be able to do in game - destructible environments would be awesome. Glad to hear Dave Jones is back at the helm for this one.

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Crackdown Returns With Even More Mayhem on Xbox One

When it was released in 2007, the original “Crackdown” took the Xbox 360 by storm. Players all over the world spent countless hours running, driving, and leaping around Pacific City. Whether they were taking down gangs or collecting those sweet agility orbs, fans couldn’t get enough. Now, the groundbreaking, hyper-powered world of “Crackdown” is back in stunning fashion with an all-new “Crackdown” experience for Xbox One.

Developed by original creator Dave Jones, “Crackdown” on Xbox One will deliver unrivaled verticality, cooperative mayhem and destruction. Whether you’re playing the Campaign with friends or enjoying an entirely new competitive “Crackdown” experience powered by Xbox Live, you’ll never look at an open-world game the same way again. Best of all, “Crackdown” leverages Xbox Live to power a city which isn’t just an exciting place to play, but is a part of your destructive arsenal.

We’ll be bringing you more on “Crackdown” for Xbox One in the future, but for now you can enjoy the exciting teaser trailer above.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/06/events-crackdown-e3

Jax
Joined in 2008

by Jax » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Skills for kills, agent.

Tineash
Joined in 2008

by Tineash » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Why couldn't we get a proper strawberry floating sequel on the 360?

"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

by Pedz » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:27 pm

Is transforming vehicles back? They better be. Hope it's better than 2, got bored playing that.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Crackdown 2 was rushed as strawberry float (total dev time = 1 year). I get the feeling this won't be. Plus a lot of the original RTW staff are working on it.

Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

by Pedz » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:42 pm

Hope so, played through Crackdown and loved it. One thing I'm wondering, in the end of the first the narrtor-ish guy seemed all evil and I will rule the world at the end of 1 and in 2 it was just left, I wonder if 3 will carry on with the ending of 1? I doubt it but, still, you have to wonder.

evanswolves
Joined in 2008

by evanswolves » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Remember this?

Apparently, this is/will be in Crackdown

Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:13 am

Probably a game I want Xbox One for.

Love Crackdown so much :wub:

Bluesky: SevenFisher.bsky.social || Steam ID: SevenFisher

Return to “Games”