Your E3 Viewing Plans

Anything to do with games at all.
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostYour E3 Viewing Plans
by Garth » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:06 pm

I'll be heading over to my friend's place after work to watch the Microsoft, EA, Ubisoft and Sony conferences streamed to his telly, with an internet device at hand to browse here at the same time. Will grab some snacks at lunch and probably nab a takeaway later on too. Pretty much what I did last year!

How about you?

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Your E3 Viewing Plans
by ITSMILNER » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:10 pm

Going to be watching all the conferences on my telly streamed through either the Xbone or PS4 with an IPad on the sofa next to me to see the reactions on here to the megatons :lol:

PES Fan
Joined in 2008

by PES Fan » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:11 pm

What is the best place for coverage?

Last year I enjoyed the rev3games coverage with them covering nearly every game and having a lot of interviews. Obviously their channel seems to be dead now.

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:15 pm

PES Fan » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:11 pm wrote:What is the best place for coverage?

Last year I enjoyed the rev3games coverage with them covering nearly every game and having a lot of interviews. Obviously their channel seems to be dead now.

Game Trailers has been pretty good in the past for coverage for the conference days, then I usually jump between different sites for the show floor days and live demos.

Looked like E3 was killing Sessler last year, probably good for his health that he's not presenting for Rev3Games any more :lol:

Edit: Sessler will be on Game Trailers panel before the MS conference this year, as well as Jack Tretton! Will be interesting to hear his thoughts! Phil Spencer will be there before and after too.

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:29 pm

+

more heat than light
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl

by more heat than light » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Streaming the MS conference on Xbox One with GRcade on my mobile for the bants.

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:MHTL is an OG ledge
jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Sat at my desk, in darkness, alone, not paying attention to the announcements so I can concentrate on how many times they say a particular word.

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by tomvek » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:24 pm

Friends over, steaming to the TV in the living room with snacks and additional food later. Should be good.

BAKA
Joined in 2008

by BAKA » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:58 pm

I can't imagine many people will have similar plans to me. I'll be watching Microsoft's show, followed by a couple of movies, The Killing Of A Chinese Bookie and Repulsion. From Cassavetes and Polanski to Made In Chelsea :oops:. Then I'll be killing time by reading meltdowns until Sony's conference. Sleep. Nintendo. Decide which free game to choose when I win jiggles' competition. Then I'll watch various videos of demos from the show floor, or post show conference content from a range of sources over the next few days.

MagicMarker
Joined in 2014

by MagicMarker » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:08 pm

May or may not watch the MS conference, depends what I'm doing at the time. Then I'l be ordered from dominoes at 12.30am and getting it delivered for 1.45am so I can eat it during the Sony conference.

Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Will be watching from the office with a two monitors and a laptop. Only covering Microsoft, EA and Nintendo however.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:19 pm

Not sure that I'll get home from work in time for 5.30 so will be asking very nicely if I can leave early, failing that, I'm booking out a meeting room for myself and staying until the MS conference finishes. When I get home I'll all night for the others but after last year, I'm reconsidering staying up for the Sony conference.

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:25 pm

Being roughly in the same time zone for E3 is wonderful. I have work tomorrow morning from 6am - 10.30 then the rush home to catch the Microsoft show and I'm free for the rest of the day to catch all the conferences. 8-) Similar schedule on Tuesday means I'll catch the Nintendo Direct, too. In the afternoon I'll be heading out to buy a WiiU. A great two days in store!

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Watching Microsoft and Nintendo while at work, while of course being very busy doing my job.

Sony, I am not sure yet if I will stay up for.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Worked today so got tomorrow off, love how things work out sometimes. Will be making sarcastic comments on here and Twitter, with a multitude of tabs open to keep me updated of proceedings.

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:53 pm

I'll be hooked up to my computer since the PlayStation E3 App isn't available in Europe. US wins again!

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
skarmachild
Joined in 2009

by skarmachild » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Everyone has friends to watch with...

oh well

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:19 pm

I think my gaming buddy is doing exams but I should at least be able to leave the conference steams on my phone or Ipad or something while I do other things (moving house.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
Zerudaaaaa!
Joined in 2008

by Zerudaaaaa! » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Will probably watch Microsoft's live. Most hyped for Nintendo's but will probably have to catch up on it once it's over unless I can get the evening free. I'll fit Sony's in at some point after that.

Learning Curve
Joined in 2014

by Learning Curve » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:02 pm

None, too busy with work and submitting assignments and I can't afford to lose the sleep. strawberry float this life stuff.

Return to “Games”