Dark Souls: Prepare to cry

Anything to do with games at all.
Parksey
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Dark Souls: Prepare to cry
by Parksey » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Quick question - what's the original Demon's Souls like compared to this? Got it free on PS Plus and tempted to start it today. Had this game earmarked for a while due to popping in and out of this topic and it sounding awesome.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Parksey wrote:Quick question - what's the original Demon's Souls like compared to this? Got it free on PS Plus and tempted to start it today. Had this game earmarked for a while due to popping in and out of this topic and it sounding awesome.

It's very similar, for example the combat system is identical. The main big difference is the structure of the levels with Demon's Souls not being open world and the levels are all accessed from a central hub.

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Cumberdanes
Joined in 2011

by Cumberdanes » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Another major difference is the World and Character Tendency system in Demon's Souls. In simple terms each world has a seven point sliding alignment scale -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3 with minus 3 being pure black and positive 3 being pure white. Certain actions cause the slider to move up or down the scale and certain in game events only happen at pure black or pure white.

Bigerich
Joined in 2008

by Bigerich » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Dual wrote:Breezing through the game with brave Knight Dave. Once you know where to focus spending your souls you can become very OP from the start.

I need an alternative for my Zwei with a quick move set for close combat. High strength, low dex, high faith, high end build. Currently at top of Senn's castle.

Mace, morning star or club.

Fargo
Joined in 2008

by Fargo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:34 am

Dual
Joined in 2008

by Dual » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:00 pm

How do I beat Four Kings?

I can't seem to do enough damage quick enough before I'm outnumbered. Interestingly they do very little damage to me - I can tank them for ages but I'm just not doing any damage.

Cumberdanes
Joined in 2011

by Cumberdanes » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:59 pm

A good tactic for Four Kings is casting Power Within then spamming 2 handed attacks stopping to heal whenever the opportunity presents itself. It isn't pretty or fancy but it works. If it's your first time through the game summoning Witch Beatrice can help but I believe her summon sign only appears if you summoned her against the Moonlight Butterfly.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Don't you also have to be quick about it or you end up getting attacked by multiples of 'em?

CloudDog23
Joined in 2008

by CloudDog23 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:06 am

https://www.facebook.com/darksouls/post ... =notify_me

DARK SOULS II COLLECTOR’S EDITION and LIMITED BLACK ARMOUR PRE-ORDER EDITION unveil! The Soul Stirring Special Editions will make DARK SOULS II worth dying for on march 14, 2014 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. DARK SOULS II for PCs will launch shortly after in 2014.

Enjoy a new trailer at http://youtu.be/P-o2KMm-5tQ
New screen shots also available at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 453&type=1

DARK SOULS II Collector’s Edition will feature:
- a premium quality Warrior Knight figurine measuring in at 12 inches / 30 cm in height and weighing in at nearly 16 ounces / 450 grams.
- an exclusive hardbound art-book filled with never-before-seen images.
- a full-colour fabric map of the DARK SOULS II game world that can only be had within the Collector’s Edition.
- a metal game case from the DARK SOULS II Black Armour Edition which will contain both the game disc and the official game soundtrack composed by famed Japanese composer Motoi Sakuraba.

Pre-order the game to receive the DARK SOULS II Black Armour Edition when the game launches; while supplies last. The Black Armour Edition features a metal case that contains both the game disc and the official game soundtrack.

JFT96
Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:32 pm

Managed to beat the Asylum Demon and it took me a good few attempts. The falling attack certainly helped but I'm clearly not very good at this. If I'm having this much trouble now will I manage to get much further?

I made it to Firelink Shrine at least. Couldn't kill off some skeletons I came across. They kept coming back to life so it might be worth trying a different path for now.

Super Dragon 64
Joined in 2008

by Super Dragon 64 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Keep at it; it's not uncommon to die repeatedly at the Asylum Demon.

I'd recommend trying another path around Firelink Shrine. I went in the opposite direction to you, up the hill and towards the aqueduct.

Pred
Joined in 2008

by Pred » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:28 pm

That's reassuring!

At the Shrine I went up the hill, through a flooded room, then left through a doorway. Down there was the cemetery with the skeletons. I think there were some other places to go so I'll definitely try those.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:31 pm

Pred wrote:That's reassuring!

At the Shrine I went up the hill, through a flooded room, then left through a doorway. Down there was the cemetery with the skeletons. I think there were some other places to go so I'll definitely try those.

There's another way to go (well several actually) but the one you want is up a path that goes up and around the hill opposite the fire. Those skeletons are bastards and that area and the one it leads to is too tough for you at this point in the game.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Mafro
Joined in 2008

by Mafro » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:56 pm

This mod looks interesting:

Twitter
Mafro
Joined in 2008

by Mafro » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:59 am

Twitter
Bigerich
Joined in 2008

by Bigerich » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:08 pm

:lol:

mic
Joined in 2008

by mic » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Just finished Sen's Fortress -

I tried to open a chest AND IT ATE ME!!! :dread: Tough bastard as well - took me another three tries to kill the bugger!

On to Anor Lando now and, as one terrified of heights, this is the worst level of any game EVER! I can no longer bring myself to pick up the controller...

Super Dragon 64
Joined in 2008

by Super Dragon 64 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:15 pm

I wonder what you'll hate more, the heights or the boss.

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Just started this and not really sure what to do. The first boss at the prison was fairly easy, but now any direction is too difficult. The skeletons are ridiculously difficult without the firebombs, if there had just been 1 at a time it would be better. In undead berg I was making pretty good progress but the knight is strawberry floating impossible to beat. I did run past him once and got the gem thing (what is that supposed to be used for) but then got killed by him later.

The other option is to go up and you come across a demon. As you supposed to fight him with no special weapons?

Yes?
Cumberdanes
Joined in 2011

PostDark Souls: Prepare to cry
by Cumberdanes » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Blue Tearstone ring that you found raises your defence when your health gets low and is pretty handy early on. You are meant to head to the Taurus Demon. He's easy if you know how. First off kill the two archers at the top of the tower as soon as you enter the fog door then run toward the opposite tower so the Taurus Demon spawns. Run back and climb the first tower and perform a plunging attack when he comes near, be quick as he can jump up after you. After you hit him run past the demon a little way then turn and head back towards him he should jump over you giving you the opportunity to climb the tower again and score another plunging attack. Repeat until he's dead.

Return to “Games”