Xbox at E3 2014 - What do you want to see?

Anything to do with games at all.
MagicMarker
Joined in 2014

PostRe: Microsoft at E3 2014 - What do you want to see?
by MagicMarker » Thu May 15, 2014 9:59 am

I'd love a kameo game :wub:

Rax
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

by Rax » Thu May 15, 2014 10:06 am

Games, just games, no TV, no movies, no music, no Kinect, nothing except game after game after game. I dont care if theyre new, old, remakes, rereleases, whatever, just show games at the games show to all the gamers watching.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Thu May 15, 2014 10:34 am

1cmanny1 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:24 pm wrote:To see them try, and fail, to get the reaction Tretton did last year.

:lol:

Learning Curve
Joined in 2014

by Learning Curve » Thu May 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Rax » Thu May 15, 2014 10:06 am wrote:Games, just games, no TV, no movies, no music, no Kinect, nothing except game after game after game. I dont care if theyre new, old, remakes, rereleases, whatever, just show games at the games show to all the gamers watching.

Get with it, old man, games are done. TV is the future! Watching NFL in glorious high definition from a variety of spectacular angles. Not American don't care about NFL? Well strawberry float you. Go play your childish "games".

(That's basically what the last conference felt like when I watched it).

Fuzzy Dunlop
Joined in 2008

by Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu May 15, 2014 12:32 pm

BAKA wrote:I imagine, as usual, I'm in the minority, but I'd like to see a renewed effort with Japanese devs. If it wasn't for Mistwalker, and the two teased Sakaguchi RPGs, I probably wouldn't have had as much interest in picking up a 360. There was a really great spate of Japanese exclusives, but that seemed to dry up towards the middle of the console's lifecycle. I imagine if there was a renewed effort, TGS would be where we'd likely see the results, but it's my biggest hurdle with the Xbox One. It's something I'd like to see addressed if they want my money. I'm not so sure I can see it happening though.

Surely if you have quite an interest in Japanese games a PS4 or Wii U may be the better choice?

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
BAKA
Joined in 2008

by BAKA » Thu May 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu May 15, 2014 12:32 pm wrote:
BAKA wrote:I imagine, as usual, I'm in the minority, but I'd like to see a renewed effort with Japanese devs. If it wasn't for Mistwalker, and the two teased Sakaguchi RPGs, I probably wouldn't have had as much interest in picking up a 360. There was a really great spate of Japanese exclusives, but that seemed to dry up towards the middle of the console's lifecycle. I imagine if there was a renewed effort, TGS would be where we'd likely see the results, but it's my biggest hurdle with the Xbox One. It's something I'd like to see addressed if they want my money. I'm not so sure I can see it happening though.

Surely if you have quite an interest in Japanese games a PS4 or Wii U may be the better choice?

Indeed, that's what it's looking like at the moment. The trouble is, when it comes to western exclusives my leanings tend more to what we've seen from Microsoft, and their franchises we'll likely see soon. I'd take Dead Rising and Killer Instinct over anything currently available for the PS4. I'm also a big fan of Fable, and am hugely interested in what Remedy are doing.

I don't want to end up with all three consoles again this generation, I simply don't have enough time for the investment to be worth it. I'm clearly going to have to give something up, but I'm struggling to decide. At the moment it's looking like I'll take Naughty Dog's potential output and the Japanese centric output likely to land on PS4 over what is currently announced and what I can potentially see in the future of the Xbox One, but a push with Japanese devs, like seen early in the life of the 360 could change that.

I'm a little bewildered at my own feelings on Nintendo and the WiiU. I didn't think I'd ever consider missing out on Bayonetta 2, or anything from MonolithSoft, but Nintendo are such a mess at the moment.

I don't recall ever being as conflicted at the start of a generation. This is the only generation where I haven't picked up a single 'next generation' console at launch.

Fuzzy Dunlop
Joined in 2008

by Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu May 15, 2014 1:23 pm

That's understandable, could always buy the one that tempts you the most to start with and get another when it's really cheap in a few years time.

I'm struggling to keep up with just the PS4 and Vita, my head would explode if I had any more :(

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Thu May 15, 2014 1:57 pm

Learning Curve » Thu May 15, 2014 12:26 pm wrote:
Rax » Thu May 15, 2014 10:06 am wrote:Games, just games, no TV, no movies, no music, no Kinect, nothing except game after game after game. I dont care if theyre new, old, remakes, rereleases, whatever, just show games at the games show to all the gamers watching.

Get with it, old man, games are done. TV is the future! Watching NFL in glorious high definition from a variety of spectacular angles. Not American don't care about NFL? Well strawberry float you. Go play your childish "games".

(That's basically what the last conference felt like when I watched it).

You must have been high at the time, last E3 was Games, Games, Games other than the Halo TV show being announced.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Thu May 15, 2014 9:00 pm

magicmilner » Wed May 14, 2014 9:17 pm wrote:A new crackdown is all I need.....come on Phil

That, and the recent news about Kinect and Xbox Live, would make me want an Xbox One.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox at E3 2014 - What do you want to see?
by Christopher » Mon May 19, 2014 11:58 am

I reckon we'll see the following during the presser:

Banjo Kazooie from Twisted Pixel
Battletoads from Rare
Sunset Overdrive demonstration
Quantum Break demonstration
Exclusive game from Platinum (possibly an existing IP)
Forza Horizon 2
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain new trailer
Indie showreel
Kinect stand alone announced with price
Below demonstration
Star Wars Battlefront trailer
Plus two third party exclusives from developers people usually don't rate but people here will lose their gooseberry fool for.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Mon May 19, 2014 12:00 pm

suzzopher » Mon May 19, 2014 11:58 am wrote:I reckon we'll see the following during the presser:

Battletoads from Rare
Forza Horizon 2
Indie showreel
Below demonstration
Plus two third party exclusives from developers people usually don't rate but people here will lose their gooseberry fool for.

No Halo ?

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Mon May 19, 2014 12:01 pm

Photek » Mon May 19, 2014 12:00 pm wrote:
suzzopher » Mon May 19, 2014 11:58 am wrote:I reckon we'll see the following during the presser:

Battletoads from Rare
Forza Horizon 2
Indie showreel
Below demonstration

No Halo ?

I thought that was a given to be honest.

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Halo is MicroSoft's Mario.

Everyone loves it but is so sick of it.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Mon May 19, 2014 12:49 pm

That list from Suzz though is very underwhelming, Crackdown 3, The Division and UndeadLabs game are/should be at conference.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Mon May 19, 2014 12:51 pm

Banjo Kazooie from Twisted Pixel.

What a way to kill a franchise (if it wasn't more dead) with these jokers.

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Mon May 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Photek » Mon May 19, 2014 12:49 pm wrote:That list from Suzz though is very underwhelming, Crackdown 3, The Division and UndeadLabs game are/should be at conference.

The Division got delayed to next year didn't it? So I don't expect anything special at E3.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Mon May 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Wedgie » Mon May 19, 2014 1:35 pm wrote:
Photek » Mon May 19, 2014 12:49 pm wrote:That list from Suzz though is very underwhelming, Crackdown 3, The Division and UndeadLabs game are/should be at conference.

The Division got delayed to next year didn't it? So I don't expect anything special at E3.

I can see The Division getting a good showing at Ubi's event and maybe a trailer at Microsoft's but I don't understand how that would be exciting for Xbox fans, it's a multiplatform game that will run worse on their machine.

Do you need Crackdown 3 with Sunset Overdrive on the way?

An exclusive from Platinum Games would win any E3.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Mon May 19, 2014 1:51 pm

suzzopher » Mon May 19, 2014 1:43 pm wrote:

I can see The Division getting a good showing at Ubi's event and maybe a trailer at Microsoft's but I don't understand how that would be exciting for Xbox fans, it's a multiplatform game that will run worse on their machine.

I'd like to know that its coming down the line. Multiplatform or not The Division looks amazing, I dont mind if we get a lower resolution version as the idea and gameplay are what impress. Odd sentence to use about looking worse, I mean, should I just not buy games that come out on PS4 also?

Phil Spencer hinting at a lot of new stuff not shown being at E3 in his Twitter, we shall see.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Mon May 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Photek » Mon May 19, 2014 1:51 pm wrote:
suzzopher » Mon May 19, 2014 1:43 pm wrote:

I'd like to know that its coming down the line. Multiplatform or not The Division looks amazing, I dont mind if we get a lower resolution version as the idea and gameplay are what impress. Odd sentence to use about looking worse, I mean, should I just not buy games that come out on PS4 also?

Phil Spencer hinting at a lot of new stuff not shown being at E3 in his Twitter, we shall see.

I thought the list I did was pretty good, I'd be happy to see those, maybe not Battletoads :dread:

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy multiplatform games, just I fail to see how they are exciting, especially when you know you're getting a worse version (trust me as a PS3 gamer I know how this feels and hardly ever got excited for those games).

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Mon May 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Really? When i play TombRaider, Battlefield 4 and FIFA on X1 the thought of them being the worst versions literally never crosses my mind.

So if the Division lives up to its premise, and my mates and I can walk around together in a Snowy New York im not going to think about it being worse either.

Battletoads - I hope to strawberry float this is not true. Jet Force Gemini, now thats a game worth re-making. :datass:

Last edited by Photek on Mon May 19, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Games”