Gaming PC - help!

Anything to do with games at all.
HailToTheKingBaby!
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gaming PC - help!
by HailToTheKingBaby! » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:07 am

Manny - that'd be great if they're going spare, do you want anything for them?

KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:53 am

So what did that cost you all together?

HailToTheKingBaby!
Joined in 2008

by HailToTheKingBaby! » Sun May 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Was just over £1150, including Windows 8.1 - I've since bought an LG 1080p monitor.

Really happy with it all - been gradually downloading all my Steam/Origin games onto it and bought a few new ones to try like Crysis 3.

Also stuck Half Life 2 and its episodes onto it with the cinematic mod, looks pretty amazing! Loving it so far and great fast service from overclockers.

Stugene
Member ♥
Joined in 2011
AKA: Handsome Man Stugene

by Stugene » Tue May 06, 2014 3:48 am

Taint
shrikeout
Joined in 2014

by shrikeout » Sun May 18, 2014 4:06 pm

H-hi!

I'm also looking for a pc mainly geared towards gaming just like HailToTheKingBaby! and I was wondering if anyone had any build in mind. I would like to play most of the modern games on high/max graphics with good fps at 1920x1080. I'm willing to spend around £1000 to £1300 and I would like to actually put the part together myself. I've been considering the build that Dark Dragon 64 suggested but my pc won't only be using it for gaming. I am planning of taking up a computer games development course and a media development at my college and was wondering if there was anything else I would need or any improvements I could make. (I'm pretty new at this pc building thing and any help would be appreciated).

Thanks for any replies!

Faust
Joined in 2014

by Faust » Mon May 19, 2014 11:06 am

shrikeout » Sun May 18, 2014 4:06 pm wrote:H-hi!

I'm also looking for a pc mainly geared towards gaming just like HailToTheKingBaby! and I was wondering if anyone had any build in mind. I would like to play most of the modern games on high/max graphics with good fps at 1920x1080. I'm willing to spend around £1000 to £1300 and I would like to actually put the part together myself. I've been considering the build that Dark Dragon 64 suggested but my pc won't only be using it for gaming. I am planning of taking up a computer games development course and a media development at my college and was wondering if there was anything else I would need or any improvements I could make. (I'm pretty new at this pc building thing and any help would be appreciated).

Thanks for any replies!

You can save time by gluing it all together instead of using screws. :simper:

Best of luck.

Stugene
Member ♥
Joined in 2011
AKA: Handsome Man Stugene

by Stugene » Mon May 19, 2014 9:22 pm

Thanks for any replies!

Have a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21611
Faust » Mon May 19, 2014 11:06 am wrote:
You can save time by gluing it all together instead of using screws. :simper:

Best of luck.

Don't troll ATF please.

Taint
Super Dragon 64
Joined in 2008

by Super Dragon 64 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks for any replies!

Welcome to the forum!

I've answered your query in the main hardware thread because it's where questions of this kind should be answered. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them in there.

A link to my answer to your question.

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:59 am

You could have come out of it with a worse CPU. The 8350 isn't bad.

Bit depressing that it's being beaten by a chip from 2011, but whatever. Your performance won't be affected much by it, and you can hope that 8 core threading will start becoming a thing (it won't).

instagram: @habiz

Return to “Games”