Currently Playing in 2014....

Our best bits.
Joer
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by Joer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:42 pm

Wind Waker still. Just got the third ball thing. The sailing is so darn tedious.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Tokyo Jungle

Mother. Fffffff.

I was going really well. Too well! I'd mated with a prime cat :datass: had a boss group and I was owning the three areas near the start (Dogenzaka, Shibuya Station and Shopping District). Then while in the shopping district it started to rain and my visibility went to gooseberry fool. This included being able to spot other animals on the map. I failed to readjust my playing style and... ran straight into a strawberry floating pack of wolves. And even though I had three lives remaining (you take over the life of a living sibling if you die) I still strawberry floated up and copped it.

Nnngh. :x :fp:

On the plus side I unlocked the beagle.

Last edited by Saint of Killers on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lotus
Joined in 2008

by Lotus » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:34 pm

LA Noire

Just started this, enjoying it so far. Soundtrack's good, visuals are okay, facial animations and voice acting is fantastic. Decent variety so far as well.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Batman: Arkham city - Wii U

Played about for a couple of hours on this and up to the first Catwomen section, its good so far but seems really fiddly, too much going on with the menus and such (Tap L for detective mode hold L for scanner etc..)

Maybe I need more time with it to understand it all but I think I would prefer playing it using a X360/PS3 controller rather than the gamepad

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:34 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Tokyo Jungle

Mother. Fffffff.

I was going really well. Too well! I'd mated with a prime cat :datass: had a boss group and I was owning the three areas near the start (Dogenzaka, Shibuya Station and Shopping District). Then while in the shopping district it started to rain and my visibility went to gooseberry fool. This included being able to spot other animals on the map. I failed to readjust my playing style and... ran straight into a strawberry floating pack of wolves. And even though I had three lives remaining (you take over the life of a living sibling if you die) I still strawberry floated up and copped it.

Nnngh. :x :fp:

On the plus side I unlocked the beagle.

I don't know what this is but it sounds amazing.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:29 pm

:lol: It's a sort of post apocalyptic, generational survival 'em up featuring wild and formerly domesticated animals. It is slightly bonkers but lovely stuff, and currently available for a few quid via the PSN store sale (for the PS3).
The worst thing about it is the lack of a modern camera which means you are not able to figure out what is ahead of you/which direction it is facing. Other than that it's really good fun.

Octoroc
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Octoroc » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:18 am

magicmilner wrote:Batman: Arkham city - Wii U

Played about for a couple of hours on this and up to the first Catwomen section, its good so far but seems really fiddly, too much going on with the menus and such (Tap L for detective mode hold L for scanner etc..)

Maybe I need more time with it to understand it all but I think I would prefer playing it using a X360/PS3 controller rather than the gamepad

I just completed it on the 360 and it is pretty overwhelming at first, but stick with it and you should grow into it. Try and do the AR training as soon as possible and check out the physical challenges for tips on what's possible in combat. There was quite a bit of stuff I just never used TBH.

So far this year, I have eaten NO mince pies.
Johnny Jalfrezi
Joined in 2008

by Johnny Jalfrezi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Batman: Arkham Origins. Well, it's more of the same, really, isn't it? Possibly a bit too much of the same, if I'm being honest. Third game in the Arkham series and I'm slowly getting pretty tired of the combat - is there really any need for so much of it? The stealth sections aren't faring much better either, but at least there's fewer of them and they're fairly easy. Nice additions to the crime scene investigations over the previous games, but other than that I'm pretty much just turning the handle on this one. Ho hum...

Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:03 pm

The pacing is a major issue in AO. For the most part the Rocksteady games pitted you against a handful of enemies, making fights fun and making you you feel powerful/Batman-like. It also made you feel more confident going into the bigger scrums.

Origins threw too many fights at you with dozens of enemies which made fights more of a chore. That, and WB Montreal didn't quite replicate the Rocksteady fight mechanics perfectly.

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 am

Ass Creed 3. The environments in this look horrid. I'm also on Sequence 2, and the bugs/glitches are pretty deflating. The game locked up my console within the first 20 minutes. Not a good first impression.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:33 am

Octoroc wrote:
SquintyMcSquint wrote:I seem to be a bit screwed in Resi Revelations. Like fight a boss, have no health items and limited ammo screwed. Hmm. I really suck at this game.

Sounds like the design sucks to me. Your predicament reminds me of playing Code Veronica on the Dreamcast, I was trying to figure out what to do next, but all I could do was limp around being killed by one thing or another. It was a terrible time.

Still, some folk like that sort of thing. I suppose you could argue that's the nature of the classic horror survival genre.

That fight on the plane in Code Veronica. :dread:

Dandy Kong
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dandy Kong

by Dandy Kong » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Wasn't limited resources always a part of Resident Evil games? Before they became action games, that is.

I really enjoyed the Gamecube REmake, and part of the suspense came from the fear to run out of ammunition, typewriter ink ribbons or fuel to burn zombies (to stop them from becoming crimson heads). I knew that every bullet counted, I couldn't just keep shooting hoping I'd hit something.

It was more or less the same for Revelations. Although Revelations did have a couple of these scenarios where you have to kill a thousand monsters while waiting for the elevator. Or you couldn't get up for some strange reason and had to wait for Jessica "and [her] sweet ass" to get to you. I hated those.

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:23 pm

People who go into Revelations bosses with no ammo or health items are playing it like it was Resi 5 or 6 where ammo and health pickups are everywhere.
As has been said, Revelations is a good hybrid of old and new Resi, taking its resource management elements more from old Resi.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
GrinWithoutaKat
Joined in 2009

by GrinWithoutaKat » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:37 pm

Been playing Secret of Mana this week (first time!). I wasn't quite sure about it to begin with, was dying a lot and getting frustrated, but once I got the other party members and the healing spells, everything became a lot more fun. The music is fantastic :D

I hope one day soon, we end up getting all those PS1 RPGs that never came out here originally, as digital downloads, like how we got games such as this, Chrono Trigger and the Final Fantasy games on the VC despite them not coming out here back in the day.

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:46 pm

Ass Creed 3. Still not entirely sure about this game. Seems pretty weak so far, and a considerable drop in quality from Revelations. Currently on Sequence 3, wherein I befriend native Americans.

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
Octoroc wrote:
SquintyMcSquint wrote:I seem to be a bit screwed in Resi Revelations. Like fight a boss, have no health items and limited ammo screwed. Hmm. I really suck at this game.

Sounds like the design sucks to me. Your predicament reminds me of playing Code Veronica on the Dreamcast, I was trying to figure out what to do next, but all I could do was limp around being killed by one thing or another. It was a terrible time.

Still, some folk like that sort of thing. I suppose you could argue that's the nature of the classic horror survival genre.

That fight on the plane in Code Veronica. :dread:

Piece of piss. 8-)

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:54 am

Assassins Creed 3 is a bit all over the show. Finally got the Assassin Robes 5 and a half hours in. Can I actually do the things I like about this series now? I don't really like hunting wild animals. Plus goddamn thinly disguised tutorials everywhere. Let me assassinate dudes. LET ME ASSASSINATE BEN FRANKLIN.

Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:00 am

Guacamelee on my Vita

Best thing I've played on it aside from Tearaway. Loved every minute of it, very well paced game. Think I'm near the end now, been great playing it in small chunks.

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Right, I have a rare free weekend and a few games in my backlog, what should I start first?

Mass Effect 3 - Been putting this off for ages, mainly because the ending is apparently a bit gooseberry fool! Recently bought all the important expansions for eventual play.
Uncharted 1-3 - Started the first one, got side tracked, didn't return
Infamous 2 - Tried the first one, got quite far, felt underpowered!
Killzone 2-3 - These are suppose to be good right?
Ni No Kuni - My friend lent me this before he went to Africa for a year....he's back now!
God of War Ascension
Metal Gear 4
Red Dead Complete (second playthrough)
Earth Defense Force I.A

Help me GR, you are my only hope!

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:49 pm

JiggerJay wrote:Right, I have a rare free weekend and a few games in my backlog, what should I start first?

Mass Effect 3 - Been putting this off for ages, mainly because the ending is apparently a bit gooseberry fool! Recently bought all the important expansions for eventual play.
Uncharted 1-3 - Started the first one, got side tracked, didn't return
Infamous 2 - Tried the first one, got quite far, felt underpowered!
Killzone 2-3 - These are suppose to be good right?
Ni No Kuni - My friend lent me this before he went to Africa for a year....he's back now!
God of War Ascension
Metal Gear 4
Red Dead Complete (second playthrough)
Earth Defense Force I.A

Help me GR, you are my only hope!

Forget about finishing the first Uncharted and start Uncharted 2, its easily the best game on that list.

Return to “Archive”