Last game you finished and your rating

Anything to do with games at all.
Joer
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last game you finished and your rating
by Joer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:15 am

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons - 8/10

Finished this dead on midnight so a rapturous applause of fireworks which felt a bit out of order considering the ending. Despite the fact I found it a pain in the ass to control at times ( :dread: dat boat section), the story itself had me hooked early on. Was proper gutted at the end of the spider bit. :(

KeithyT
Joined in 2009

by KeithyT » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:57 am

I've also just (this minute) finished Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons.

Loved every moment of it, and have never played a game quite like it. I didn't want it to end so it's going to get a mark off for being a bit short, and maybe another for the easiness/linearity (but those factors obviously help the immersion in the story). Great value though (got it in the PSN sale), and I think I did miss a few little side-tasks in the village right at the beginning so might replay it soon.

But for the Ogre-love, wolves, mutant Orcas, cute turtles, mountain giants battle aftermath, the abominable snowman, and the superb gameplay mechanic ... 8/10

Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:13 am

I also have played Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons (PC (Digital Download (Steam (1920 x 1080 (V-sync off (Official Xbox 360 Wired controller (colour monitor)))))))

I was pretty sceptical about it at first. Seemed a bit kiddy and "charming" and I almost instantly fell out with the controls when trying to steer the cart around at the very beginning. The duo puzzle dynamic clicked soon enough, though, and became quite enjoyable, and there was just enough variation in some of the repeated puzzles to stop them becoming tedious. I continued to struggle with controlling both characters throughout, most often if the smaller brother (right stick) ended up on the left of the screen and vice versa, and I'd send both brothers off in the opposite direction to which I intended, but I'm fully aware that's my own failing. As for the story and setting, it certainly matures into something very impressive, and becomes incredibly dark by the end, and for such a short game, it captures the feeling of a fantasy epic better than some much longer RPGs ever have.

The ending section by the tree was spoiled for me somewhat by an odd graphical glitch. There was the opaque outline of the hippogriff that you encounter lying on the ground immediately in front of the grave you dig and so I had to keep walking through it, wondering what it was and why it was there, whilst the story was trying to end in a terribly sad way. It only disappeared once the hippogriff returned again.

Brilliant game, length is perfect for a single playthrough, - 8/10

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:22 am

I've for brothers unplayed on my 360, is it only a few hours long?

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:23 am

About 3 hours.

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
KeithyT
Joined in 2009

by KeithyT » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:26 am

Yep, 3 hours tops I think it took me (2 or three shortish sessions over the last 24 hours)

The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

by The Watching Artist » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:35 am

Advent7 wrote:I've for brothers unplayed on my 360, is it only a few hours long?

Just play it. Seriously. It's wonderful.

I didn't find the ending as effective as it was trying to be but my word the range of emotions throughout the journey. :wub:

Gemini73

by Gemini73 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:49 pm

WRC 4. Finally, a proper rally title.

9/10

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Flower - DS4's improved gyroscopes and accelerometers meant I could finally finish this! Loved that last level. So satisfying knocking those pylon like things down after the previous level. :mrgreen:

Really enjoyed it / 10

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:29 pm

God of War Ascension 6

As much as I love Kratos, I enjoyed the start but after a while, was just playing to get to the end. The game also crashed twice near the end levels (locked up and required a PS3 reset). I had a quick dabble with the on-line, but that was nothing special and really just an after thought rather than any reason to buy the game.

Having said this, still looking forward to an eventual PS4 GOW game. :P

Yes?
Chris
Joined in 2008
AKA: Chris B

by Chris » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Battlefield 4 - Xbox One

I've been playing through the campaign on hard difficulty for the past couple of days and finished it off earlier. I've only borrowed the game so won't have the chance to get my teeth into the MP. In spite of the negative comments that I have read about the SP mode, I quite enjoyed it on the whole. It looks great and plays very well - fortunately I didn't experience any of the glitches that have been reported.

MP is obviously the main focus of the game and the SP is very short, clocking it at around 5 - 6 hrs. It's good fun throughout though with no irritating difficulty spikes and manages to present a decent challenge on the hardest setting.

7/10

Switch Friend Code - SW-2270-8931-7619
Playstation Network - hydroburn87
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Went through Ratchet & Clank All 4 One with the wife and kids on new years eve, 7/10. Enjoyable in multiplayer and the story is as solid as ever. I love how Nefarious and Captain Qwark's story progresses :lol: :wub:

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Ryse. Only got it yesterday, stupidly short, and basic.

But my word it's pretty and gruesome. If they can expand on the combat in the next one, similar to the batman games , keep the setting, Rome is awesome.

7/10 I enjoyed it far more than I thought. The graphics are amazing.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:21 am

Brothers: Tale of Two Sons - 8/10

Loved it :wub:

Bluesky: SevenFisher.bsky.social || Steam ID: SevenFisher
Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:31 pm

Gone Home - 9

Well that was ace. I think games like this and Stanley Parable are 8/10 experiences that get bumped up for just being brilliantly inventive. Looking forward to seeing where this kind of storytelling in a game can take us

Joer
Joined in 2008

by Joer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:14 am

The Stanley Parable - 8/10

Only played it for 55 minutes so far, but i've seen most of the endings already I think so quite happy with that. Gonna get the Mrs to have a go at it and see what she gets.

Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008

by Trelliz » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:18 am

Saints Row IV - PC

Absolutely loved this, a really fun game that just made me smile more than many others, with so many funny and/or deeply silly moments that give the game a real sense of warmth. Its been good to see the Boss go from being a thuggish sociopath to someone genuinely likeable, a puckish rogue, if you will.

The superpowers made it more enjoyable to simply do...anything in the game world. Whereas in GTA the driving back and forth, stock market stuff and other side activities seemed quite at odds with having fun, doing them in this was more entertaining because you could fly and leap around dispensing super-powered doom.

Looking forward to the dlc missions but sad that the story is at an end.

9/10

jawa2 wrote:Tl;dr Trelliz isn't a miserable git; he's right.
Joer
Joined in 2008

by Joer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:24 am

Shelter - 6/10

I'm a terrible mummy badger, only one of them survived until the end with me. Two fell victim to the night wolves, one to the eagle and one to the river. :(

Fruits Punch Samurai
Joined in 2008

by Fruits Punch Samurai » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:08 pm

Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues 7/10

Joer
Joined in 2008

by Joer » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:45 pm

Dust: An Elysian Tale - 8/10

Quite enjoyable, the puzzles were good but never too challenging, the bosses were easy if you upgrade Fidget, but then I think that was just because I played on Normal difficulty. My highest combo was about 450 or so, so no idea how i'm meant to get the 1,000 that it asks of you in the achievements. :lol:

Return to “Games”