Peaches Geldof is dead

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Peaches Geldof is dead
by Lagamorph » Thu May 01, 2014 1:36 pm

If only she could have afforded things like therapy/counselling or the myriad of other methods available to help her deal with all her problems. Oh wait...

It must be nice living in a world where nobody has responsibility for their own actions and everything can be explained away as the worlds fault.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Thu May 01, 2014 1:37 pm

Ah, the therapist, works 100% of the time to tackle those naughty urges.

Cosmo
Joined in 2010

by Cosmo » Thu May 01, 2014 1:40 pm

I wouldn't join the Samaritans if I were you, Laga.

Banjo
Joined in 2008

by Banjo » Thu May 01, 2014 1:42 pm

Yep, better to observe through a black-and-white filter than to even try and understand the individual experience. This is going into anecdotal territory than anything concrete, but you do realise that for some people the idea of seeking help is one of the most difficult things to do due to a multitude of reasons, ranging from a deeply rooted sense of shame (the amount of guys I've spoken to/read the stories of who wouldn't seek counselling/psychological help because of how it meant that they 'weren't a man' is staggering) to a whole host of other reasons. It's not as simple as getting a bad cut and going 'well I should probably go to the hospital'. I don't particularly care about Peaches Geldof but I'm at least human enough to not judge her for the reasons that may have led to her untimely death, given that I've never met her or know anything about her mental state.

At times I truly think you are up there with the worst people I have ever met.

_wheredoigonow_
That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Thu May 01, 2014 2:07 pm

Banjo » Thu May 01, 2014 1:42 pm wrote:At times I truly think you are up there with the worst people I have ever met.

I too look down on Laga for his complete lack of empathy here. It's staggering. It reminds me of the 'us vs them' mentality that, for example, papers us. Trying to demonise and overly simplify people because they made bad decisions, or decisions you don't agree with. strawberry float me.

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Thu May 01, 2014 2:14 pm

hey guys i spend every night on the internet and ive never done heroin so whats her excuse

instagram: @habiz
That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Thu May 01, 2014 2:15 pm

gooseberry fool, I never thought of it like that. Now I feel bad.

FatDaz
Joined in 2008

by FatDaz » Thu May 01, 2014 2:16 pm

I agree with laga. She chose the path of drug use and it killed her. She came from a privileged background, she had wealthy parents, she had money, connections, celebrity status. I don't believe that her only option was drug use. She had far more help open to her than regular heroin addicts.

Far more likely that she fell into the drug use through her party lifestyle and socialite status.

Of course I don't know for sure and I guess we will never know. Ultimately though her children now have no mother due to heroin death (like her) so will the cycle continue for them?

Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Skarjo » Thu May 01, 2014 2:18 pm

And they'll deserve it too, apparently.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Thu May 01, 2014 2:21 pm

Little gooseberry fools.

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Thu May 01, 2014 2:30 pm

FatDaz » Thu May 01, 2014 2:16 pm wrote:I agree with laga.

My condolences.

FatDaz
Joined in 2008

by FatDaz » Thu May 01, 2014 2:33 pm

I know I think it's just sunk in what I said!

kommissarboris
Joined in 2009

by kommissarboris » Thu May 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Taking bets, Geldof hat-trick, Peache's Daughter drug death in 15 years time given or take 5 years.

Double down if they do it alone with a child in the house at the same time.

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.
FatDaz
Joined in 2008

by FatDaz » Thu May 01, 2014 2:46 pm

I freely admit I lack compassion and am quite cold and cynical. If you work on a daily basis with criminals, drug addicts, benefit cheats and the lower end of society it's inevitable that sooner or later you stop caring about personal stories.

Everyone has an excuse and story, I've done my share of listening and empathising. I've been lied to, betrayed and had my faith and trust abused so often that I keep a distance now. My cynicism is hard earned from years of experience.

Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Skarjo » Thu May 01, 2014 2:48 pm

FatDaz » Thu May 01, 2014 1:46 pm wrote:I freely admit I lack compassion and am quite cold and cynical. If you work on a daily basis with criminals, drug addicts, benefit cheats and the lower end of society it's inevitable that sooner or later you stop caring about personal stories.

Everyone has an excuse and story, I've done my share of listening and empathising. I've been lied to, betrayed and had my faith and trust abused so often that I keep a distance now. My cynicism is hard earned from years of experience.

Meanwhile, on the inside;

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Thu May 01, 2014 2:52 pm

FatDaz » Thu May 01, 2014 2:46 pm wrote:I freely admit I lack compassion and am quite cold and cynical. If you work on a daily basis with criminals, drug addicts, benefit cheats and the lower end of society it's inevitable that sooner or later you stop caring about personal stories.

This sounds like my job too much.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Fizheuer Zieheuer wrote:subset of grcadians in "severely lacking in compassion" shocker

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Ginga
Joined in 2008

PostPeaches Geldof is dead
by Ginga » Thu May 01, 2014 4:55 pm

FatDaz wrote:I freely admit I lack compassion and am quite cold and cynical. If you work on a daily basis with criminals, drug addicts, benefit cheats and the lower end of society it's inevitable that sooner or later you stop caring about personal stories.

You're just a hard boiled cop that's getting too old for this gooseberry fool, beaten down by decades of kicking scum off the curb, staring down the filth and the fury - day after day - as you're forced to patrol these mean streets, doing what others just don't have the stomach to do. You're the dark avenger, the lone gunman standing up against the howling winds of evil, selflessly giving up your chance of a real life to protect us all from the one true devil, the Yellow King. You've seem fire and you've seen rain, you've seen lonely nights that you'd never thought would end; no room for love or compassion, that's a simple minded weakness that these toxic, junkie vultures will use to tear you apart - and in turn, bring us all crashing down with it. You're the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now.

Fat Daz. Being an arsehole, so you don't have to.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Thu May 01, 2014 4:58 pm

FatDaz » Thu May 01, 2014 2:46 pm wrote:I freely admit I lack compassion and am quite cold and cynical. If you work on a daily basis with criminals, drug addicts, benefit cheats and the lower end of society it's inevitable that sooner or later you stop caring about personal stories.

You need to get out of the game.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Thu May 01, 2014 5:04 pm

just cut myself D:

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter

Return to “Stuff”