PostRe: Nintendo @ E3 2014
by Buffalo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:10 am

Hi StayDead how's it going fella?

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:11 am

jawafour wrote:
Gario » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:09 am wrote:I'm going to make a prediction. We will see nothing of Zelda at E3, but we will see a much improved version of Hyrule Warriors with a reassuring leap in visual quality just as we saw with the more polished versions of MK8 and SM3DW that appeared after their debuts.

And HW will become sort of exciting for a lot of people.

Man, I'll be so disappointed if we don't see anything of the new Zelda U game. I'm not all that keen on the premis of Hyrule Warriors; Dynasty Warriors has never appealed and, so far, I haven't read anything about HW that will change my mind.

I'm hoping that Nintendo will surprise us with a Wii U avalanche.

- Lengthy slot on upcoming eShop releases releasing between June and December
- New hardware packs announced (as per my previous posts); plus an official 500 Gb external hard drive
- Metroid (new 2D game) screens shown; eShop release due in October
- Hyrule Warriors footage shown; September release
- Sonic Boom footage shown (hopefully decent!); October release
- Watch_Dogs_U screens shown; with two exclusive U missions (Gamepad-focussed) and two exclusive outfits announced
- Zelda U - first footage released; November release date announced
- Pilotwings U shown; release date set as November
- X (Monolith RPG) - new footage; December release date announced
- Mario Universe footage; release date is March 2015
- Retro Studios logo appears.... atmospheric sounds... and *boom!* - Metroid (new 3D game) announced for "2015" :-)
- Just as the presentation ends, brief footage of a futuristic race track appears... a stream of vehicles zooms past... and a small F-Zero logo briefly appears before twinkling away. "Soon" appears and then fades.

So, yeah, all that would be pretty neat :-).

EDIT: How'd I leave out Bayonetta 2?!?

Don't forget a Wii U Starfox and Pokemon game(Like the RPG handheld games but in 3D)

plasticcoated
Joined in 2009

by plasticcoated » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:24 am

magicmilner wrote:
jawafour wrote:
Gario » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:09 am wrote:I'm going to make a prediction. We will see nothing of Zelda at E3, but we will see a much improved version of Hyrule Warriors with a reassuring leap in visual quality just as we saw with the more polished versions of MK8 and SM3DW that appeared after their debuts.

And HW will become sort of exciting for a lot of people.

Man, I'll be so disappointed if we don't see anything of the new Zelda U game. I'm not all that keen on the premis of Hyrule Warriors; Dynasty Warriors has never appealed and, so far, I haven't read anything about HW that will change my mind.

I'm hoping that Nintendo will surprise us with a Wii U avalanche.

- Lengthy slot on upcoming eShop releases releasing between June and December
- New hardware packs announced (as per my previous posts); plus an official 500 Gb external hard drive
- Metroid (new 2D game) screens shown; eShop release due in October
- Hyrule Warriors footage shown; September release
- Sonic Boom footage shown (hopefully decent!); October release
- Watch_Dogs_U screens shown; with two exclusive U missions (Gamepad-focussed) and two exclusive outfits announced
- Zelda U - first footage released; November release date announced
- Pilotwings U shown; release date set as November
- X (Monolith RPG) - new footage; December release date announced
- Mario Universe footage; release date is March 2015
- Retro Studios logo appears.... atmospheric sounds... and *boom!* - Metroid (new 3D game) announced for "2015" :-)
- Just as the presentation ends, brief footage of a futuristic race track appears... a stream of vehicles zooms past... and a small F-Zero logo briefly appears before twinkling away. "Soon" appears and then fades.

So, yeah, all that would be pretty neat :-).

EDIT: How'd I leave out Bayonetta 2?!?

Don't forget a Wii U Starfox and Pokemon game(Like the RPG handheld games but in 3D)

And Waverace and 1080 :)

:msgreen:
Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:28 am

I have low expectations from Nintendo this year.

That way I can be either surprised or sigh knowingly come this E3. :lol:

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:32 am

Mockmaster » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:56 am wrote:I'd like to see a Wii U Battalion Wars sequel.

:lol: :wub:

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:36 am

Wedgie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:28 am wrote:I have low expectations from Nintendo this year.

I think Nintendo and Microsoft's e3 will be huge! Sony's? I think will be dull with little to no big announcements.

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:39 am

suzzopher » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:36 am wrote:
Wedgie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:28 am wrote:I have low expectations from Nintendo this year.

I think Nintendo and Microsoft's e3 will be huge! Sony's? I think will be dull with little to no big announcements.

I think Sony kind of need to announce something big. The PS4 has been selling well, but on the game front there isn't much we know about coming up.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:40 am

Sony better deliver a game or two during Q4.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:42 am

If Sony announces Demon Souls 2, that alone will boost the conference for me. Sony's conference is always dull (it's too long) but I'd be surprised if we don't see a gulf of new software.

I'm sure Nintendo are going to announce possibilities of crossplay but I dunno, are they really going to bring the games people are craving? Unless Nintendo announces the successor to the 3DS, it will be a solid if unspectacular showing.

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:44 am

Qikz » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:39 am wrote:
suzzopher » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:36 am wrote:

I think Sony kind of need to announce something big. The PS4 has been selling well, but on the game front there isn't much we know about coming up.

They have The Order and DriveClub that will get a lot of time, then they'll have more remasters like The Last of Us to fill the holes left by cancelled and delayed games across their studios. With all the people leaving ND I don't expect Uncharted this year now so don't expect to see anything at E3 about it. This gen has somehow caught Sony by surprise and they're the only ones selling a huge amount of systems....odd no?

I expect Nintendo to be announcing at least 5 games among them should be Next Levels new game.

Microsoft will have had the cheque book out and secured a number of timed exclusives from 3rd parties to try and turn the tide, plus Sony have strawberry float all announced from Japan I expect Microsoft to have at least three exclusives from that region ahead their release in September.

Being a PlayStation fan this year is going to be tough.

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:46 am

I can see Monolith Soft getting a good spot for Nintendo this year to promote X after the success of Xenoblade.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:47 am

X has got to be coming out this year, surely?

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:47 am

Lagamorph » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:46 am wrote:I can see Monolith Soft getting a good spot for Nintendo this year to promote X after the success of Xenoblade.

Agreed. X and Bayonetta 2 will be getting big pushes at E3 I reckon.

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Completely forgot about Bayonetta 2. Will be great to watch Gaf go into meltdown when the exclusivity wound gets re-opened.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
1cmanny1
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by 1cmanny1 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:27 pm

That was pretty funny.

Gario
Joined in 2008

by Gario » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Bayonetta 2 looks pretty finished judging by the latest videos. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo announce an earlier-than-expected release date for this. I'm putting my money on July. They've got to release something over the summer holidays.

Alvin Flummux
Joined in 2008

by Alvin Flummux » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:52 pm

I'd love to see Nintendo nab the Mass Effect Trilogy, but it'll probably never happen.

Other than that, Metroid would sure be nice, or F-Zero.

Gario
Joined in 2008

by Gario » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:07 pm

After the success of The Wind Waker HD last year (1 million copies sold, strong reviews and generating lots of love in general), I'd like to see another HD remake this year. Not sure which game I'd prefer, but Luigi's Mansion (GC) might be a good choice given the cartoonish graphics.

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Gario » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:07 pm wrote:After the success of The Wind Waker HD last year (1 million copies sold, strong reviews and generating lots of love in general), I'd like to see another HD remake this year. Not sure which game I'd prefer, but Luigi's Mansion (GC) might be a good choice given the cartoonish graphics.

F-Zero GX+AX HD would be pretty much my dream Nintendo HD remake. Not sure I can see it happening, but it would be awesome.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:15 pm

Alvin Flummux » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:52 pm wrote:I'd love to see Nintendo nab the Mass Effect Trilogy, but it'll probably never happen.

What? :lol:

Return to “Games”