Currently Playing in 2014....

Our best bits.
GrinWithoutaKat
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by GrinWithoutaKat » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:33 pm

I started playing Infamous tonight. I love the comic-book style cut scenes, love the climbing and love collecting the blast shards, but I've just done two story missions in a row where I had to go into the sewers to start up a generator. Not only were the sewers themselves just a stretch of the same two platforms all the way through, but the same thing twice in a row? And I'm guessing it's going to happen again from the dialog.

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Those bits do get more interesting, and are more spaced apart. Still not exactly blockbusting though.
The 2nd game though :wub:

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:58 am

HSH28 wrote:
SquintyMcSquint wrote:I started NSMBU. It's pretty good, but I should not have started it after putting 15 odd hours into Tropical Freeze.

The challenge mode is very good fun though.

Because it makes Tropical Freeze look bad?

Nope, I was thinking that I would be experiencing genre fatigue. I'm not, NSMBU is pretty great.

You should have spent that 30 quid on something else :D

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:29 am

SquintyMcSquint wrote:
HSH28 wrote:
SquintyMcSquint wrote:I started NSMBU. It's pretty good, but I should not have started it after putting 15 odd hours into Tropical Freeze.

The challenge mode is very good fun though.

Because it makes Tropical Freeze look bad?

Nope, I was thinking that I would be experiencing genre fatigue. I'm not, NSMBU is pretty great.

You should have spent that 30 quid on something else :D

I might try playing some more today.

Started Ninja Gaiden Sigma on Vita yesterday, such a great game. Shame it was a bit of a one off, they completely lost it after the first game.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:24 am

Metro LL

Big Momma 8-)

Gamezville
Joined in 2008

by Gamezville » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Gone back to playing halo3 again. Miss how halo multiplayer used to be hopefully the halo2 anniversary remake is true and they keep the old multiplayer intact.
Also finishing off need for speed rivals, just have half the cop events to go.

GrinWithoutaKat
Joined in 2009

by GrinWithoutaKat » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:41 pm

Buffalo wrote:Those bits do get more interesting, and are more spaced apart. Still not exactly blockbusting though.
The 2nd game though :wub:

Just unlocked the cable/rail grinding power and my enjoyment has gone up a notch :D Those satellite uplink side missions are brilliant too.

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Up to World 5 in NSMBU now. I think this is the best one of this series. I love NSMBWii and Super Luigi U but this is better so far. The challenge mode is a great inclusion.

JediDragon05
Joined in 2010

by JediDragon05 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Getting the the end of Splinter Cell :(

Enjoying listening to Micheal Ironside & Dennis "GOOD GOD" "HOLY CHRISTMAS" "DAMM STRAIGHT" Haysbert.

West side mofos
Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:50 pm

Started Black Flag today on PC. Seems like it'll be a great AC game but I'm not sure I'm in the mood for it right now. I think I've had enough of collecting stuff in open worlds for the time being. Think I need something more focused first.

All the Abstergo stuff is strawberry floating gooseberry fool though. I feel embarrassed that Ubi actually think they're being clever.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:44 pm

Fire Red is going well, although had my first casualty :( Lost Diglett on the SS anne before I'd even taken on the electric gym obvs :fp: :fp:

Gloom did me proud in that gym though :wub: gona double check the movepool and see when it will be best to evolve it.

My team now is pretty decent:

Charmeleon
Pidgeotto
Gloom
Gyarados
Primeape

Just got to rock tunnel so hopefully I'll be able to get a geodude/onix and they should complete my team for the time being and barring any more deaths.

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Just blew through the Vella portion of Broken Age in one sitting after originally starting it to check it out for 15 minutes. I thought it was brilliant. Not particularly challenging, but enough game there to keep you interested and the story/world/jokes are excellent.

The bit with Lightbeard where you tell him you want to leave and he tells you "Ah, I see you're quite mentally ill."

:lol:

Will play through the Boy half tomorrow.

instagram: @habiz
Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:21 am

I've been playing tons of Pokémon battles at http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ - it's great as it has Random Battle which basically gives you random Pokémon to use and generally makes battles more enjoyable because I can't really predict other team and most of time we just make stupid mistakes. I've had lot of people ragequit on me but there are few people who I've had great time with.

I'll be still playing the actual games of course, just if I fancy random battle with different Pokémon I can simply go to that site. Brilliant.

Also started Ys II+ and it's much better than first Ys game so far. Sadly gonna have put it on hold till I'm back at my home after five nights at my sis' but looking forward to more of the story.

Bluesky: SevenFisher.bsky.social || Steam ID: SevenFisher
KingK
Joined in 2008

by KingK » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:22 am

On the last 3 chapters of Spec Ops The Line for the first time. Really enjoying this game and thanks to it being free off PS+ in the summer its even better. I like the choices you have to make at times although not sure how much they affect the outcome (no effect is my guess?)

Still, at least it allows the trophywhore in me to get loads of trophies based upon Decision A then B.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:18 am

Brerlappin wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Metro LL

Big Momma 8-)

loved that bit. Im guessing you didn't spare her??

I know the game has a vague-ish morality system but I didn't think it would go as far as allowing me to spare that armoured freak. Glad I didn't know though because I probably would have let her live!
I actually killed her kind of accidentally. She'd smashed through all the stone pillars and walls and so I was trying to get her to run into the wall proper. On the last charge I just thought I'd shoot at her when she roared and down she went.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:58 am

Brerlappin wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Metro LL

Big Momma 8-)

loved that bit. Im guessing you didn't spare her??

I know the game has a vague-ish morality system but I didn't think it would go as far as allowing me to spare that armoured freak. Glad I didn't know though because I probably would have let her live!
I actually killed her kind of accidentally. She'd smashed through all the stone pillars and walls and so I was trying to get her to run into the wall proper. On the last charge I just thought I'd shoot at her when she roared and down she went.

Actually i was thinking of a different boss fight, (you cant spare the big momma) youll get there soon enough :D

If it's one of the gargoyles then I may let her live as she helped me out in the marshes.

I did a bit which had the two gargoyle things flying about, though they didn't really come after me. And then I think I killed what was their brood (they looked like baby monsters and had a sonic wave attack -there were loads of them) and then I stealth killed a whole mess of commies. I am now omw to Red Square but have detoured into a Spooky House which is about a bajillion times scarier than the marshes.

I hope there's a Metro 3.

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Man, Assassins Creed games are DULL. I did 2, then moved to Brotherhood. The combat is still terrible, the story is still bobbins, the missions are so boring it's unreal.
What's the appeal of this series? Every frigging year a new one, they're garbage.

Johnny Jalfrezi
Joined in 2008

by Johnny Jalfrezi » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Speaking of garbage, I just popped home at lunchtime and continued the war of attrition that is Resident Evil 6. I'm currently running round in circles in a chinese market, trying to find the last of three keys. Not immediately obvious how I get to it so I've spent quite a lot of time running into dead ends. Still, at least I'm not being constantly pursued by regenerating invincible emenies, eh? Oh, wait...

Stupid game.

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:05 pm

The Swapper is brilliant. It's like a non-violent Metroid, chock full of puzzles.

instagram: @habiz
Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:25 pm

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean [360]

Outdated lol. But I'm enjoying it very much so despite not watching any film apart from first one and it's just another typical Lego game with pirates setting, not bad thing though.

I've been doing one film per day as I want to play other games, makes me like it more because I'm not forcing myself to play level after level - instead I just take my time doing levels and maybe explore the game hub a bit to see if I can unlock red blocks (well hats) while collecting all dat money.

Also been playing Tearaway [Vita] which is fantastic. Made me chuckle and it just feels... I dunno, everything I do, simple ones, always made me feel happy. It's brilliant.

Other games I've been playing - Pokemon X and Animal Crossing New Leaf - mainly to do small stuff before I get bored then call it a day for these two titles. Good games, just there's not much to do now with these. Maybe I'll just give away 100,000,000 bells I saved up...

Bluesky: SevenFisher.bsky.social || Steam ID: SevenFisher

Return to “Archive”