Things that annoy you - the official thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Things that annoy you - the official thread
by False » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:46 pm

Google mail probably isnt worth it as a business case anymore. They made the entire thing free/cheapish for businesses but in the last year hiked the costs crazy high which means that companies cant really repackage it as a free solution for users.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:41 pm

Yeah I was recently comparing it to office 365 at work and it's surprisingly expensive so I don't have much of a case for my boss who would rather downgrade plan.

It used to be free, actually I still have a Google apps account for grcade but nobody uses it so might steal back.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:21 am

Ill guy is in again and this time he decided to wheel his chair right next to me while talking :x

strawberry float off.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
degoose
Joined in 2008

by degoose » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:53 am

Floex wrote:
degoose wrote:I hate the Entertainment folder and all the TV shows and movie threads, i think i am going to give up going in to the Entertainment part. Nearly everyone just complains about every show that's on TV, nobody has anything ever good to say and everyone seems to be strawberry floating movie/TV show experts. Of course the people on the forum haven't ever made a mega hit TV show but somehow they seem to know what's involved and how to make an amazing show with of course little to no experience. Gotta love the internet.

Talk about looking what you want to look at. There are loads of positives across all kinds of media in the forum.

not really i see positives but they are usually ignored, the negatives seem to be a main obsession, never with much detail of course just stuff like that was shite or 4/10 crap. Stuff like that is just pointless.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:50 am

Ad7 wrote:Ill guy is in again and this time he decided to wheel his chair right next to me while talking :x

strawberry float off.

Cheers dude. Keep us updated.

;)

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:51 am

Ad7 wrote:Ill guy is in again and this time he decided to wheel his chair right next to me while talking :x

strawberry float off.

RIP

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:57 am

strawberry float off.

Yeah, disabled people are disgusting.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:09 pm

degoose wrote:
Floex wrote:
degoose wrote:I hate the Entertainment folder and all the TV shows and movie threads, i think i am going to give up going in to the Entertainment part. Nearly everyone just complains about every show that's on TV, nobody has anything ever good to say and everyone seems to be strawberry floating movie/TV show experts. Of course the people on the forum haven't ever made a mega hit TV show but somehow they seem to know what's involved and how to make an amazing show with of course little to no experience. Gotta love the internet.

Talk about looking what you want to look at. There are loads of positives across all kinds of media in the forum.

not really i see positives but they are usually ignored, the negatives seem to be a main obsession, never with much detail of course just stuff like that was shite or 4/10 crap. Stuff like that is just pointless.

I now know you're talking about The Walking Dead topic :lol: But take another topic in Entertainment, True Detective, that thread is brimming with positivity because it deserves its plaudits. The Walking Dead is such a polarising show because people expect alot from it and whether you agree or not alot of the time the show is unfortunately, junk. But people like zombies, and there isn't another show like it (well, maybe The Returned is it's clostet rival) so we continue to watch.

PaperMacheMario
Joined in 2011
AKA: The Traitor

by PaperMacheMario » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:01 pm

Poser wrote:

strawberry float off.

Cheers dude. Keep us updated.

;)

Do you know what annoys me about some people? When they think this really mundane part of their day is so exciting that they feel the need to share it with as many people as possible.

LOOK AT ME IM THE MOST BORINGEST PERSON EVA, SUM GUY IS ILL IN MY OFFICE + KEEPS COMING IN2 WORK LOL SO ANNOYING JUST FORT ID SHARE

/ad7

HSH28 wrote:Sounds what you really need is a sense of humour.
Scotticus Erroticus
Joined in 2008

by Scotticus Erroticus » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:03 pm

:lol:

ImageImage
Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:54 pm

:lol:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Yahoo are dumping google and facebook sign in to all of its services and forcing you to create a yahoomail thing.

My Flickr account is tied to my google account and I see no reason why I should be forced to change. Yet another strawberry floating account to keep track of and get hacked.

Irrelevant fuckheads.

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:51 pm

Falsey wrote:Yahoo are dumping google and facebook sign in to all of its services and forcing you to create a yahoomail thing.

My Flickr account is tied to my google account and I see no reason why I should be forced to change. Yet another strawberry floating account to keep track of and get hacked.

Irrelevant fuckheads.

My flickr account has been seperated from my btyahoo account now so I've lost flickr pro for no reason :/

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Isnt that because Flickr Pro isnt a thing anymore? They suspended it last year and gave everyone mega accounts.

If you had a pro account then they just gave you some extra gooseberry fool unless you cancelled the account and they gave you a pro rata refund. I think I got about 7p back.

Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Origami instructions.

Steps 22-24, here: http://xinjingrushui.com/node/2039

What the absolute christ is going on there? It's just [before picture] > [after picture], and the explanation is absolutely pathetic.

I've just wasted an hour getting that far, and now I'm completely stumped. Origami is basically the only area where I prefer online videos to actual instruction sheets, because the instructions are far too lazily written to be understandable for the more complicated models. That's genuinely got me properly annoyed. I've just wasted the paper and an hour or so getting that far. FML.

Stugene
Member ♥
Joined in 2011
AKA: Handsome Man Stugene

by Stugene » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:41 pm

Frank wrote:Origami instructions.

Steps 22-24, here: http://xinjingrushui.com/node/2039

What the absolute christ is going on there? It's just [before picture] > [after picture], and the explanation is absolutely pathetic.

I've just wasted an hour getting that far, and now I'm completely stumped. Origami is basically the only area where I prefer online videos to actual instruction sheets, because the instructions are far too lazily written to be understandable for the more complicated models. That's genuinely got me properly annoyed. I've just wasted the paper and an hour or so getting that far. FML.

Do you understand the difference between a valley and mountain fold? If so, you can read any origami instructions.

Taint
Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:31 pm

Make me one of those pigs then pls

Stugene
Member ♥
Joined in 2011
AKA: Handsome Man Stugene

by Stugene » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:02 am

Yup, holy gooseberry fool #22 is an absolute mindfuck. I'll give it another try later on I think, and I'll be more accurate with my folds.

This one's similar, and a bit easier by the looks of things: http://loveorigami.ucoz.ru/masters/trol ... rollip.pdf

Taint
Frank
Joined in 2009

by Frank » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:42 am

Glad it's not just me being incompetent :slol:

Thanks for that link, too :wub: I saw the Trollip version yesterday, going to give that one a bash tonight. This can only end well.

JediDragon05
Joined in 2010

by JediDragon05 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Next.co.uk

Yesterday could not remember my password & sent several requests to send me a new one. Just 24 hours later
they've still not sent me a new one. Come the strawberry float on. I don't want to waste my time ringing you. I've
got better stuff to be doing with my time.

West side mofos

Return to “Stuff”