PostRe: Arrow- The Green Arrow TV show
by Hexx » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:05 pm

You've hit the start of the massive Season 2 ramp up...enjoy :D

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:58 pm

HM » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:38 pm wrote:Holy gooseberry fool the end of ep 7 :shock: :shock:

Return of the king. :datass:

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:04 pm

Do you not mean Episode 9 there Mori

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 pm

No I was talking about Barrowman. Though 2x09 is great too.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Soooo much quality stuff happens from ep 7 onwards. Just finished ep 10. I'm just waiting for the inevitable episode that ruins the good run by focusing solely on laurel and sara :dread:

I have a major thing for felicity now :wub: :wub:

Last edited by HM on Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:43 pm

:slol:

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:44 pm

oh god no :dread: :dread:

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:45 pm

To be fair even when there's more of a focus on Laurel than usual, there's plenty of Slade goodness.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Ep 13 - oh God its the laurel and Sara episode :dread:

Wtf is up with Sara's voice in the flashbacks :fp:

And she's a lesbian :shock:

Omfg the scream when the van got away :lol:

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:38 pm

HOLY gooseberry fool EPISODE 16 THE VOICE CAMEO OMFG IVE LOVE THIS SHOW AND FELICITY.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:51 pm

:lol: :lol:

But yeah the cameo was great.

Cast photo:

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:32 pm

Mori why is there no "oh...OH" felicity gif from Ep 17?

Roy's anger problems storyline is so gooseberry fool.

It's hilarious how laurel can't recognise her own sister with just a mask covering her eyes. At least Ollie has a good.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:45 pm

HM wrote:Mori why is there no "oh...OH" felicity gif from Ep 17?

Right?

-Only good gif I've found from that ep.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:15 pm

About 6 episodes in season 1 now and starting to quite enjoy it. Still put off it has 24 episodes per season, just know there is going to be plenty of filler >_>

Last edited by Floex on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:02 pm

I've heard it said 1x14 is the threshold point where it gets good but for me it's whenever Felicity joined. Season 2 is a notable step-up.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:53 pm

So I'm all caught up now, I lost my internet from friday onwards so I spent the time watching Arrow :wub:

Spoiler thoughts:

From ep 7 of season 2 it totally ramped it upto 11. Slade is fantastic. The Suicide Squad episode was amazing.

I was slightly disappointed in Barrowman's return. After being so menacing in the first season, he's reappeared here just to claim Thea (in some desperate attempt by the writers to make her relevant) then got all scared at the mention of Ra's Al Ghul. How did he get a lazarus pit, which I'm assuming is how he resurrected himself, all by himself and without Ra's stopping him? Also the league of shadows seemed to just be a plot device to bring Sara back and nothing else, I thought that was going to build towards something other than lesbian action.

Roy is awful, I really don't like his storyline. Argh I'm angry, argh I'm a gooseberry fool hulk. Was glad when he strawberry floated off, he better return with the teen titans/red hood and the outlaws or not return at all.

Overall I do bloody love the show now though, despite it's flaws. Whoever decided that for season 2 they needed to use more from the source material is a brilliant person.

Also will this be the first show summer glau hasn't got immediately cancelled? :shifty:

I mean it's renewed for season 3 right? RIGHT?!?!?

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:06 pm

Maybe I'm imagining this (and since you've watched it more recently you probably remember better) but was their Barrowman excuse something like he faked his breathing? If I did imagine that, he was League of Assassins so maybe after the undertaking they found him and brought him to a LP. Again though I can't remember if they confirmed he was LoA but he wears their amour and he was following the Batman Begins evil plan script in season 1 so he blates is.

Sarah Connor Chronicles lasted two seasons but as this has already been renewed for season 3 it's probably her most successful show.

Possible spoilers for the finale- I think I read somewhere it's Barrowman V Slade with Barrowman to feature more next season. :datass:

Manu Bennet is really great as Slade, I love what the show's done with him.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:16 pm

He said something like

"there are parts of the world where death is an illusion, i been to one, and I learned to be very convincing."

and then he blabbed on about thea i think.

I sorta read into that, with the mention of Ra's in a latter episode, that he used a lazarus pit. I can't remember what episode it was but I'm almost certain he was LoA and he mentions Nanda Parbat as where he received his training which is how Moira finds out about Ra's/LoA. Didn't Sara's lesbian friend say he was the only person, until Sara, to ever be released by the league as well?

Deathstroke's costume is fantastic as well, makes me wana replay Arkham Origins.

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Another episode which while moving things along, is also largely all about set up (and introducing what I assume are characters for the spin-off). It's effective though so I really don't mind.

Also quite odd to have a Laurel heavy episode where she was actually not only tolerable, but also rather good (her "threat" aside).

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:47 pm

Hexx » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:20 pm wrote:Another episode which while moving things along, is also largely all about set up (and introducing what I assume are characters for the spin-off). It's effective though so I really don't mind.

Also quite odd to have a Laurel heavy episode where she was actually not only tolerable, but also rather good (her "threat" aside).

Yeah I thought psycho laurel was going to return and it be back to when she was accusing Sebastian with no evidence, even if she was right.

Glad Iris got a name drop as I was worried the Flash show was going to nick Felicity :shifty:

Return to “Stuff”