Currently Playing in 2014....

Our best bits.
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by Memento Mori » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:33 pm

HM wrote:Pokemon Fire Red on the game boy micro I bought off ebay that turned up today. This thing :wub: :wub:

They missed an opportunity not including extra gyms in the Sevii islands like the TV show.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:53 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
HM wrote:Pokemon Fire Red on the game boy micro I bought off ebay that turned up today. This thing :wub: :wub:

They missed an opportunity not including extra gyms in the Sevii islands like the TV show.

Aye. When I originally bought FR/LG on release I never even got to the new islands as I sort of got bored of the series at that point. From what I've read though, it just pads out the time between the 7th and 8th badge. I'd love a pokemon game where they are more than 8 gyms and you can choose which gyms you face in which order. I remember in the first season one trainer had something stupid like 20 badges just from Kanto gyms :lol:

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:57 pm

HM wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:

Aye. When I originally bought FR/LG on release I never even got to the new islands as I sort of got bored of the series at that point. From what I've read though, it just pads out the time between the 7th and 8th badge. :lol:

You can visit Islands 1-3 after Blaine, islands 4-7 are post E4. Islands 8 and 9 are that annoying Nintendo Event only situation.

I'd love a pokemon game where they are more than 8 gyms and you can choose which gyms you face in which order. I remember in the first season one trainer had something stupid like 20 badges just from Kanto gyms

That guy annoyed me as a kid. I bet his mum made those badges for him.

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:58 pm

In Gold/Silver/Crystal there were 16 gyms since you revisited the Kanto region.

It's a shame no other games have done a similar thing really.
I'd absolutely love a Pokémon game where you could visit every region and get every gym badge :nod:

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 pm

Lagamorph wrote:In Gold/Silver/Crystal there were 16 gyms since you revisited the Kanto region.

Yeah I know, but I meant more than 8 gyms in one region and you can choose which 8 badges you get to go to the league/elite four.

Memento Mori wrote:Islands 8 and 9 are that annoying Nintendo Event only situation.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Metro LL

Just did the Marshes.

It wasn't as scary/difficult as I was expecting to be thanks to glowy's posts on it. It was atmospheric and I liked the fight between the two monsters and finally putting the mutant lobster down with the help of the churchies), but it didn't get too taxing until just before the church walkway when I started running out of air filters.
While trying to avoid Mutant Lobster's claw jabs I fell into the drink so often that I eventually got awarded a trophy :lol: :oops:

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:26 pm

Falling into the water was the worst thing. So disorienting. :dread:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Metro LL

Catacombs :dread:

One thing I like about over the original (which I only played a bit of) is that I don't feel at a disadvantage against the monsters thanks to the cool weaponry at my disposal.

Except for just now where I'm short on ammo for *everything*. :panic:

Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:56 pm

Thanks to those who left me birthday wishes :wub:

I've just 100%ed Lego Movie :oops: To be fair it's short, even for Lego game - but it was hugely enjoyable, so it's doing the job great.

Will play some more of Darksiders 2 in bit.

Bluesky: SevenFisher.bsky.social || Steam ID: SevenFisher
still
Joined in 2008

by still » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:05 am

Can't
stop
playing
Bit Trip Runner 2........

Just one more go....

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:19 pm

Started Dead Space 3 last night. Only done the prologue and now onto the first chapter, but no problems so far. Seem to remember this picked up some hate....

Yes?
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Death's Head wrote:Started Dead Space 3 last night. Only done the prologue and now onto the first chapter, but no problems so far. Seem to remember this picked up some hate....

I think the hate was more in the broader Dead Space franchise sense than hate specifically aimed at DS3 as its own game.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Death's Head wrote:Started Dead Space 3 last night. Only done the prologue and now onto the first chapter, but no problems so far. Seem to remember this picked up some hate....

Loved it.

Less snow next time EA.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Fire Red

Thoroughly enjoying this. :wub:

Just got to the SS Anne. My team is pretty good for a nuzlocke challenge, although it could easily go all tits up :dread:

Charmeleon
Pidgeotto
Gloom
Magikarp
Diglett
Mankey

Gloom's movepool :dread: :dread: It's getting dumped for Jolteon as soon as I get Eevee. I can't think of any other grass or electric types I'll be able to find easily.

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Bird Jesus, Abby and Cabbage :o

Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:12 pm

Just started Fire Red myself, and Infamous 2 for work-related research :shifty: One of those games I never got round to playing, pretty good so far but after loving Assassin's Creed IV so much it's annoying having to tap X so many times to climb

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:15 pm

I started NSMBU. It's pretty good, but I should not have started it after putting 15 odd hours into Tropical Freeze.

The challenge mode is very good fun though.

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:51 pm

SquintyMcSquint wrote:I started NSMBU. It's pretty good, but I should not have started it after putting 15 odd hours into Tropical Freeze.

The challenge mode is very good fun though.

Because it makes Tropical Freeze look bad?

Cal
Joined in 2008

by Cal » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:46 pm

Well on top of Thief, I've also treated myself to a copy of CoD Ghosts on PS4. I've had the PC version since release and tbh it's always been a bit of a mess. Frame rates have, to this day, been up and down like the Assyrian Empire with no sign (still) that the devs intend to sort this out in any meaningful way.

Take a bow, PS4 version. Amazingly smooth, looks beautiful (I actually think the PS4 version looks easily as good as if not perhaps even marginally better than the PC version) and plays wonderfully. Had an enjoyable afternoon shooting bots in Squads mode and the SP Campaign looks amazeballs. I held off buying the Season Pass on PC because I was never happy with the game's performance, but I paid out this afternoon for the PS4 Ghosts Season Pass - my, those new Onslaught maps look gorgeous.

Lotus
Joined in 2008

by Lotus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:49 pm

Skyrim/Dragonborn

Mm. Bit underwhelmed really. It's good, the main quest line doesn't really interest me and the side quests have been standard fare so far. I like some of the new enemies/items/tribes, but others are a bit pointless and/or unimpressive.

I'll complete it, but it's not as great (so far) as I'd been led to believe.

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Great fun, fluid fighting, no bullshit powers or meters, just punches, kicks and throws. Seems a bit easy, and I've pretty much completed the single player modes after a couple of hours, but it'll be good to go back to every now and then. Very good for the £2.49 I paid for it.

Return to “Archive”