Are You A Moderator? - The End

Our best bits.
Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are You A Moderator? - The People's DModL
by Knoyleo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:48 pm

C.Y.N.T.H.I.A wrote:Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:16 pm - Players made me angry.

That just links to a YouTube video. What happened here?

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Knoyleo wrote:
C.Y.N.T.H.I.A wrote:Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:16 pm - Players made me angry.

That just links to a YouTube video. What happened here?

The votes for Peoples Mod were miscounted. DML was elected but G-Rat actually had more votes.

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Parksey, why do you need to wait for the final seer to come up with your role name before revealing it in the thread at this stage? You have two seers. Just seer anyone who claims to be the third (which is what you should be strawberry floating doing anyway, to avoid the outside chance that someone correctly guesses)

mcjihge2
Joined in 2008

by mcjihge2 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:50 pm

I do think we have to goto the tower, just to see what it is. I expect that CYNTHIA has spent alot of time setting this up and she wont let it fail on the outcome of a dice roll.

I remember one of the earlier AYAW that there was a similar treasure, something about someones head exploding or something?

Zellery wrote:
DayumChris xD wrote:
Karlprof wrote:Why don't we use five random inactive people to explore the tower? There'll be a cull sooner or later, anyway, so if they all fail and die then nothing of value was lost; but we still have a non-zero chance of a good outcome.

Seems like the logical thing to do.

Actually this might be good idea too.

Sounds like a great idea.

This, but presumably we need them to post to consent to going? And if there are some interactive tasks they might fail because theyre not there.

Xbox Live: GCE
Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Parksey wrote:
Rubix wrote:
Dangerblade wrote:Well yeah Rubix, the Witch Doctor isn't going to be all "oh hai guyz" in the thread.

my point is we are going on blind trust since yesterday.

Well, to be honest, you often operate on trust here. The seers can't be made public.

However, for once, they are in a circle with two 100% confirmed roles. Normally they just trust RFMs.

4 Special roles down, sounds like people have been to trustworthy to me.

Like I said before I'll back you once I get some proof but until then Im very skeptical about wasting time and a witch doctor on one person who we don't even know what his special role is!

Like the OP says, trust no one and I don't!

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S7, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 pm

jiggles wrote:Parksey, why do you need to wait for the final seer to come up with your role name before revealing it in the thread at this stage? You have two seers. Just seer anyone who claims to be the third (which is what you should be strawberry floating doing anyway, to avoid the outside chance that someone correctly guesses)

Surely my method is more important? My way protects me and the Seers from someone claiming to ne the third one.

Would everyone rather know my.role than have the third seer protected?

Plus, we waste a day Seering the third guy, whereas if he comes to me with my.role - as two have done - they all know they are genuine.

I would argue my way is best for the Seers.

Irene Demova
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

by Irene Demova » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 pm

jiggles wrote:Parksey, why do you need to wait for the final seer to come up with your role name before revealing it in the thread at this stage? You have two seers. Just seer anyone who claims to be the third (which is what you should be strawberry floating doing anyway, to avoid the outside chance that someone correctly guesses)

It saves a day this way I guess

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Anyway, I'm officially running for People's Mod tomorrow under the manifesto of exploring the tower with Parksey and four randoms. The success or failure of the expedition will surely give us data to extrapolate either some trust or a mod from the team.

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Firstly although worrying the fact special powers have been found doesn't mean we should jump on Parksey. He claims to have two seers and a witch doctor, and today we had....two vigilantes die. We have a leak, but no seers have died. Surely if Parksey is a confident of the baddies, they would be the first to die.

I will happily face the dangerous mission for my failure today as well.

Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Rubix wrote:
Parksey wrote:
Rubix wrote:
Dangerblade wrote:Well yeah Rubix, the Witch Doctor isn't going to be all "oh hai guyz" in the thread.

Well, to be honest, you often operate on trust here. The seers can't be made public.

However, for once, they are in a circle with two 100% confirmed roles. Normally they just trust RFMs.

Like I said before I'll back you once I get some proof but until then Im very skeptical about wasting time and a witch doctor on one person who we don't even know what his special role is!

I have only had the group do one Seering though since last night - that was with my first Seer and he checked my witch doctor out as that was the only possible information leak from us. He was legit.

Last night, my first Seer Seered me. Tonight, my first Seer Seered my witch doctor and the second Seered me and got in contact.

I know who my first Seer picked in the first night, but as yet, not who my second Seer picked on the first and second nights.

Tomorrow is the first night when we have two Seerings to try and find a Mod. It is the first chance I have had to get a result.

What did you all expect?

Me to ask to be Seered last night and have a Mod by now? Ridiculous. You will all destroy the best chance we have of finding one.

Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:00 pm

DML wrote:Firstly although worrying the fact special powers have been found doesn't mean we should jump on Parksey. He claims to have two seers and a witch doctor, and today we had....two vigilantes die. We have a leak, but no seers have died. Surely if Parksey is a confident of the baddies, they would be the first to die.

I will happily face the dangerous mission for my failure today as well.

Exactly

Two vigilantes die... so let's kill the guy who knows two Seers and a Witch Doctor!

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Parksey wrote:
Rubix wrote:
Parksey wrote:
Rubix wrote:

I have only had the group do one Seering though since last night - that was with my first Seer and he checked my witch doctor out as that was the only possible information leak from us. He was legit.

Last night, my first Seer Seered me. Tonight, my first Seer Seered my witch doctor and the second Seered me and got in contact.

I know who my first Seer picked in the first night, but as yet, not who my second Seer picked on the first and second nights.

Tomorrow is the first night when we have two Seerings to try and find a Mod. It is the first chance I have had to get a result.

What did you all expect?

Me to ask to be Seered last night and have a Mod by now? Ridiculous. You will all destroy the best chance we have of finding one.

You are totally missing my point. My point is trusting your plan and wasting too much time and effort on you.

Im not expecting miracles from you.

However its hard for me to just trust everything you have said so far. As it's only you who have said it.

What happens tomorrow? if you are who you say you are you will need to be protected again. And now we have this tower thing as well!

Mommy Christmas
Multiball!
Joined in 2009

by Mommy Christmas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Hello chaps. Ive tried to read as much as I could but I'm sure I missed bits along the way.
I see that FatDaz has made some comment about a PM from CYNTHIA. I don't know if he has had a PM or not. Perhaps he is clutching at straws. Is Playsona that little chat box thing? I've been on that, I admit freely. If its a games forum, I've never even heard of it.

I did PM FE today as I was dubious about him, but I got nowhere with him. I'm sure he will confirm this. I also had a PM from Archaeon but that was nothing, more to do with me not paying attention to the picture thing. Woman in a blue hat.

I need to check back as I didn't read the hanging bit yet.

:dread:
DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:05 pm

If Parksey dies tomorrow everyone is thick.

Unless C.Y.N.T.H.I.A has unbalanced the game horrifically (and I have every faith that isnt the case) Parksey simply CANNOT be a bad guy. It's totally impossible. He must be made Mayor tomorrow, never mind killed! If not we will lose the game when its ours to win!

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:08 pm

"Totally impossible", DML? Come the strawberry float on.

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:10 pm

DML wrote:If Parksey dies tomorrow everyone is thick.

Unless C.Y.N.T.H.I.A has unbalanced the game horrifically (and I have every faith that isnt the case) Parksey simply CANNOT be a bad guy. It's totally impossible. He must be made Mayor tomorrow, never mind killed! If not we will lose the game when its ours to win!

I have to ask, why are you so confident?

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:10 pm

jiggles wrote:"Totally impossible", DML? Come the strawberry float on.

Yes. Please explain how Parksey can be a Mod?

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:11 pm

DML wrote:If Parksey dies tomorrow everyone is thick.

Maybe I am thick, but I don't get why we are trusting Parksey (I am not saying he is guilty, just want more answers). So far all we know is what Parksey has told us. We don't know (and shouldn't know) who the seers or witchdoctors are and so nothing can be verified.

Now Parksey may be fully legit and deserving of our protection, but he will not even tell us what his role is.

He could also be EAS who is undetectable by seers and if so, this is a great way of ensuring that he is protected until we all get killed.

Admittedly I have not played these games before and so may not be fully understanding all of this. I do know that once we killed Staydead (who was a mod), Parksey came forward and since then we have lost Falsey (the only one the majority trusted) and 4 special roles. This may not be Parksey's doing, but has he blabbed to the wrong people or has he been tricked into telling the seers to protect the wrong people?

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:13 pm

What ive been saying apart from the EAS part which makes sense if he was fooling us

Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:14 pm

DML wrote:
jiggles wrote:"Totally impossible", DML? Come the strawberry float on.

Yes. Please explain how Parksey can be a Mod?

Even I admit there could be a way.

It would involve me lying about every single thing, not being contacted or Seered, and none of these Seers/Witch Doctors to say otherwise in the thread, but I suppose it is possible.

Return to “Archive”