Boardwalk Empire - End of the Empire

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Something Fishy

PostRe: Boardwalk Empire - Season 3
by Something Fishy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Saw my first episode of this last night. Seems good.

Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:16 am

Good episode again. More low key than last week but when it's so entertaining scene to scene I can't really complain.

Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:15 am

Nice to see Margaret actually succeed in one of her endeavors. Some great back and forth between her and Nucky too.

A bit disappointing that Richard isn't going full on revenge but on the bright side, his likelihood of being killed off has decreased. His associated with Gillian still makes him a potential target for Nucky though I suppose.

Hopefully we get back to Chalky next week, loved all of his scenes in Ep 2.

~Earl Grey~
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boardwalk Empire - Season 3, Mondays
by ~Earl Grey~ » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:32 am

Twice I've tried to like this show but both times I've just been bored stiff - and it's not as if I never gave it a chance, I lasted until half way through series 2. As much as I loved how meticulously they'd captured the era, I couldn't connect with it. Just couldn't care about any of the characters.

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:48 am

Great episode 3. Richard is such a badass. :wub: However seeing Jimmy again in that flashback reminded me how much I miss him. :(

Bobby Cannavale continues to amaze. A total strawberry floating psychopath. I also can't wait for Van Alden to "explode". :lol: You just know it's coming and it's gonna be amazing. "Baptisms" all round.

Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Not that there was any doubt....

HBO renews Boardwalk Empire for a fourth season

Promising at least another season of people in tweed smashing things on each other's heads interrupted by the occasional topless showgirl, HBO has renewed Boardwalk Empire for a fourth year. The show has seen a slight ratings decline since last season, down to an average of 7.2 million viewers from its 8.6 million average in the wake of losing Michael Pitt and, of course, Dabney Coleman, whose devoted legion of "Cole-miners" that we'll just assume must exist have been sitting out the show in protest. Nevertheless, it's continued to be a solid winner come Emmys time, it's got loads of deserved critical adulation, and they already built all these sets.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/hbo-rene ... son,86117/

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:55 pm

That's great news.

Just got through watching ep 1 of s3.

Why does everyone I love always leave me :cry: At least he was offed by one of my other faves.

R.I.P. in peace, boytshik. :cry:

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:16 am

Episode 4. Nucky :x

Why the strawberry float is Mrs Schroder still on this show? Does ANYONE enjoy her bullshit storylines? All she does is eat up screentime for Chalky and Richard and a host of more interesting characters.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:42 pm

She's the worst character on the show.

Ep4 was great as always. Not enough Chalky so far this season though, nor Rothstein but his scene this week was great.
I was not expecting that from Nucky! The kid would have made for a good regular character but I guess they don't have enough time for the ones they've already got.

melatonin
Joined in 2008

by melatonin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Not particularly fond of how heavy-handed the show is being with foreshadowing at the moment.

Eli basically saying "Don't do this" over and over again for forty minutes straight, killing off any impact of the ambush at the end
Margaret Schroeder reading about the female pilot crashing and burning
Even Nucky's eventual killing of the kid seemed pretty well signposted - although why exactly was he there in the first place? Didn't the season start off with Nucky trying to pull out of any direct contact with this sort of business? Seems like a bit of a turnaround for no real reason.

also, needs moar Richard Harrow

Venom wrote:Say what you want but if this Halo TV series is a BIG BUDGET Game of Thrones style series with Spielberg directly producing this could be a Band of Brothers in space.
Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:47 am

chalkitdown wrote:Episode 4. Nucky :x

Why the strawberry float is Mrs Schroder still on this show? Does ANYONE enjoy her bullshit storylines? All she does is eat up screentime for Chalky and Richard and a host of more interesting characters.

I like her. It's nice to have character on the show that's actually trying to do something good just for good's sake. And I find her domestic stuff to add more balance to the show and mix things up, there's few enough female characters on the show.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 pm

So downloaded today ep. Got my (late) breakfast ready to eat as well, some crumpets, glass of orange juice. Hit play, take a bite out of my crumpet and the opening scene happens.....

Grim.

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 pm

HM wrote:So downloaded today ep. Got my (late) breakfast ready to eat as well, some crumpets, glass of orange juice. Hit play, take a bite out of my crumpet and the opening scene happens.....

Grim.

I just had to check the opening scene to see if I should watch this with the parents or not...

..I think not. :lol:

Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 am

Brerlappins little hat wrote:Holy god damn at that episode. gooseberry fool popping off left and right. This season has just gotten better with every episode

Indeed,that paperboy scene. :shock:

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Brilliant episode, that scene was masterfully directed.

SandyCoin
Joined in 2008

by SandyCoin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Finally caught up with this. Watched eps 4 and 5 today :wub:

Like many have said that paperboy scene was brilliant. Glad how it was shot is appreciated :wub: . Fantastic stuff so far.

As for Mrs Thompson, meh. I guess if she wasn't in it the only female presence in this show would be prostitutes. I don't hate her storyline or anything, I just find her a bit irritating. Surely something is happening with the storyline. The part where that nun was saying which words were appropriate really bugged me! I know it was supposed to but I actually just wanted to tell her to shut the strawberry float up.

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:54 pm

Last episode was oddly dull. Nothing of note happened. :|

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Yeah pretty weak episode this week, and still no Chalky. Harrow also hasn't done much this season except kill Manny.

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:02 pm

It was slightly dull, but nothing happened?

Nucky starting a war with Shooter McGavin is a pretty big deal, as is the final scene with Mrs Thompson and Owen.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:28 pm

chalkitdown wrote:It was slightly dull, but nothing happened?

Nucky starting a war with Shooter McGavin is a pretty big deal, as is the final scene with Mrs Thompson and Owen.

Mrs Thompson and Owen riding again? big swing? Plus where was Rossetti?

Return to “Stuff”