The Poker Thread

Our best bits.
DML
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - Gaz Wins a Whopper
by DML » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:51 pm

Last minute training up the Phoenix went well....until the break. Just got zero hands to work with on the Final and ended up pushing with K-9d with a flush draw and lost to K-Q on a 3-4-5 board. I'm still not sure how he called...

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:05 am

PsychicSykes wrote:Followed you noobs, it'll be nice to follow someone from the poker thread who actually tweets.

Drummy :x

I've tweeted. Once.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:33 pm

3 times here. I win.

Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:36 pm

319 Tweets here :datass:

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:18 pm

I think I have a Twit account, but I've never actually Twitted anything.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:25 pm

If they have wireless internet during the Goliath I may tweet updates. I don't have wifi as standard though on my iPod so I'd be relying it being provided.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:23 pm

satriales wrote:I think I have a Twit account, but I've never actually Twitted anything.

You're following me!

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:55 pm

Stoke is pretty depressing. :lol:

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:19 am

Playing a lot. Decent results. Need to step it up with the Goliath in about two weeks.

What days are people doing?

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:42 am

I think we're all playing 1c on the Friday.

Speaking of which we should probably start reserving our seats soon.

Image Image Image
DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:57 am

Barny Boatman, Ram Vaswani, Simon Aces Trumpet and Karl Mahlenrohz all playing today, maybe Joe Beevers as well. Ross Boatman already through to day two, don't know about Sunny Charts. Ruh-roh....

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:06 pm

DML wrote:Barny Boatman, Ram Vaswani, Simon Aces Trumpet and Karl Mahlenrohz all playing today, maybe Joe Beevers as well. Ross Boatman already through to day two, don't know about Sunny Chattha. Ruh-roh....

Do you know if the rest of the Hit Squad are there (Bansi, Akenhead, Chaz Chattha)?

Image Image Image
DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Im out and pig sick how I knocked myself out.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:41 pm

What hap? How deep were you? I figure these things are pretty deep stacked and thought you would last quite a while.

Image Image Image
DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Drumstick wrote:What hap? How deep were you? I figure these things are pretty deep stacked and thought you would last quite a while.

I played one of the worst hands of poker in my life basically.

I was BB and before it got to me there had already been a raise and a call, to 450, when the small blind suddenly makes it 3075. I thought this was odd and then looked down at JJ. I should have just called, but I didn't think it through and 4BET to 10,000, which was near half my stack. Others fold and he insta pushes all on covering me. I ummed and erred for three minutes but I wad so sure that early raise meant he didn't have Aces. Bad read. I asked him a couple of questions and I called. Worst call I have ever done, a real proper blow up.If u had just called I am pretty convinced he'd have still ended up all in and would have sucked out on the turn so all in all it was a pretty sick spot, I just got hot headed withy first big hand of the day. Ho hum.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:30 am

I can't believe it's 6:30 already. I've been up all night playing a $4 donkament :fp:

6,243 players at the start and we're down to 18 now. I'm currently 10th in chips but all stacks are short...

Update: Gotta defend my blinds: http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/389756_11713592C6 :oops:

Chipleader now 8-) http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/389779_BA1D889955

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:38 am

I think this is the 2nd biggest field where I've reached the final table. :mrgreen:

Edit: Finished 5th for $1,061.31
When there were 10 players left I was 2nd in chips but the chipleader was on my table playing every hand and bullying everyone. I 3bet him pre with AKs and we saw a flop of 952 I'm sure he hasn't hit that and my AK is ahead but he puts me all in and I have to fold having already put a large chunck of my stack in.

Then the very fist hand on the final table I have AQs and there is a min raise in EP and a short stack calls. I raise it hoping that the original raiser folds and I get it in with the short stack, but the original raiser shoves and the short stack folds. With lots of other short stacks at the table I have to fold the AQ but again lost a large part of my stack.

After that I didn't get anything and the payout wasn't as top heavy as usual so I focused on surviving as long as I could rather than take risks. 5th is OK but it was a very frustrating final table and I didn't get any hands at all.

Edit: Wow! After I left they were 4-handed and made a deal. The chipleader asked for $4500 even though 1st pays $3900. They agreed to let him have over $4300! and they all get less than 3rd place! :shock: :fp: :lol:

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:20 am

Another awesome job Sat :o

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:46 pm

Imagine how much money he'd win if he was playing $10 buy ins.

Donate to the Ukrainian Military's fight against fascism.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsion ... ebi-armiyi

Contact your MP to voice support for Ukraine
satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Ecno wrote:Imagine how much money he'd win if he was playing $10 buy ins.

:lol:

I do play $10 buy-ins but not as many. At the same I made this final table I came 28th in a $11 rebuy that started with ~400 players, and also 35th out of 2500 in a $5 MTT.
I've been playing the odd $30 tournament too but no big cashes in those yet.

Return to “Archive”