The Foolball Thread 2012/13

Our best bits.
Shadow
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2012/13
by Shadow » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Foxhound wrote:Really looking forward to Christmas already :)

Me too, secretly I've always wanted to run around Anfield naked.

Zellery
Joined in 2008

by Zellery » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:37 am

Can Albear please confirm that he has seen BCFC agree to be permanently banned? :)

Foxhound
Joined in 2011

by Foxhound » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:46 am

If we want to limit it to losing one forumite or another, I'm happy to take the fall on the side of Liverpool not being first at Christmas. I doubt it will happen, but in the slim chance that they do sign Messi, there's no need for the forum to lose both myself and glowy.

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:51 am

Foxhound wrote:If we want to limit it to losing one forumite or another, I'm happy to take the fall on the side of Liverpool not being first at Christmas. I doubt it will happen, but in the slim chance that they do sign Messi, there's no need for the forum to lose both myself and glowy.

I'm in, don't you take this away from me

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

by Preezy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:54 am

Liverpool top at Christmas?

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:18 am

Remember that season where Villa were top at Christmas and they took a impromptu team photo after a game to commemorate it (I think they may have even done a celebratory lap around the pitch too)? Their manager said it probably wasn't the wisest thing to do at the time but that they were going to enjoy being top. I miss John Gregory and his slicked back hair.

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:23 am

Saint of Killers wrote:Remember that season where Villa were top at Christmas and they took a impromptu team photo after a game to commemorate it (I think they may have even done a celebratory lap around the pitch too)? Their manager said it probably wasn't the wisest thing to do at the time but that they were going to enjoy being top. I miss John Gregory and his slicked back hair.

Yeah it was around the turn of the century, we beat arsenal 3-2 after going down 2-0 to them 8-) We then finished 7th :( 7

JG was awesome :wub:

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Albert
Joined in 2008

by Albert » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 am

Glowy VS BCFC

Come the Eve of Xmas morn, Only one shall remain.

Both have twest 24 hours cooling off period where thy can message me and withdraw from thou silly Contest.

BUT BE WARNED.

...should the clocks hand strike Sunday Noon, and no PM recievedThe Bond will Be Sealed...

"One will remain" is a trademark of Mockmastertech, and will remain as said subsidery property until Christmas Day. Both forumites enter said competition in full agreement, and acceot that the loser will have the living gooseberry fool banned out of them on Xmas day. Both parties understand that any alt account created will also be subjected to banning.

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:27 am

BCFC agreed to this?

I call bullshit.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:29 am

Whoever loses will probably just join with a new account within the week anyway.

Zellery
Joined in 2008

by Zellery » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:33 am

PsychicSykes wrote:Whoever loses will probably just join with a new account within the week anyway.

I think Albear said he would IP ban them or make sure that they couldn't make another account at least.

Last edited by Zellery on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:33 am

PsychicSykes wrote:Whoever loses will probably just join with a new account within the week anyway.

hence my post.

IP Ban is the way forward.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Spindash
Joined in 2008

by Spindash » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:33 am

Or a life sentence in the GRcade Prison.

Albert
Joined in 2008

by Albert » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:34 am

Any new account discovered will be banned. The loser will either have to forever hide their true identity and mask their IP, or never be able to post again.

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:37 am

This is a stupid bet then. I was under the impression the ban was going to be for a period of time for some reason. Can't you guys go for an avatar and sig forfeit instead? It'd be more entertaining anyway.

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:37 am

Liverpool finish top? BCFC is either trolling hard or just deluded.

Or even if it does happen, GR would go into a period of mourning and just forget about Glowy as nothing has happened, with an occasional "Glowy :( " post there and there.

Albert
Joined in 2008

by Albert » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:39 am

I'm kind of hoping one of them will just PM me and withdraw.

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:47 am

Wedgie wrote:Liverpool finish top? BCFC is either trolling hard or just deluded.

Or even if it does happen, GR would go into a period of mourning and just forget about Glowy as nothing has happened, with an occasional "Glowy :( " post there and there.

No you wouldnt :x

Zellery
Joined in 2008

by Zellery » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:49 am

Foxhound is in the bet too, you know?

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:49 am

I'd like to think by accepting this bet I am going in with the backing of GR, to restore its pride..

I had a thought, If I can correctly guess liverpools positon come xmas day...can I get an extra person to nominate to be banned?

8-)

Return to “Archive”