The Football Thread 2011/12

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Denster
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2011/12
by Denster » Sat May 26, 2012 2:20 am

Gentleman. If you absolutely must debate with the troll - please do it by Pm. It's pointless me having the halfwit on ignore when you keep quoting him! :fp:

Why oh why he can't be permanently banned from this thread is beyond me. He offers nothing in the way of genuine debate - just countless idiotic troll soundbites. Nothing but spam all the time.
Why is this tolerated? It's like he's the village idiot we're stuck with. :x

The ridiculous thing is - it's almost certain that he actually isn't that thick (no one could be) - he is just trolling

Broom this clown, please. He offers nothing but crap in this thread.

Bringing up the Suarez gooseberry fool again. :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

Ban him until the new thread starts. It might make him shape up.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Sat May 26, 2012 2:21 am

8raz wrote:
BCFC Fan wrote:The only reason people claim Liverpool acted appallingly during the Suarez saga is because like me, the club can actually see the truth whilst it's in front of their own eyes, unlike the majority of the UK population.

yeah there is no way this is a real person

Or an actual honestly held view. Clear evidence that he is just a troll. One we shouldn't have to put up with.

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by tomvek » Sat May 26, 2012 3:07 am

jamcc wrote:
tomvek wrote:Just read about Hulk possible going to Chelsea. It would be pretty cool to see him in the Prem next season.

He's been linked for ages. All I'm afraid of is quite how much they'll end up paying for him. Any more than £30m would be pretty stupid. Then again, he is exactly the sort of player Chelsea need and is big and strong, so should slot into the Premier League nicely.

Yeah, he'd be a great signing especially if they can get him for a good price.

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by tomvek » Sat May 26, 2012 3:28 am

Nice to see Pep end his reign in charge of Barca with a win. Messi's finish for his goal was just superb.

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 am

Yeah the prices people are quoting are verging on ridiculous. I think at one point they said he had a 74m buy out clause or something insane. If we could sign him to play on the wing, that would be superb. If it's to be a central striker though, I don't think that would be any good. We must use Torres as the main man next season, with Lukaku as his back up (or, if he is on loan, then Sturridge/Hulk)

D_C
Joined in 2011

by D_C » Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 am

I hope he ends up over here. Last I heard Porto wanted £38M, and we only wanted to go to £30M. He's also worked out terms and stuff, so we'll have to see what happens.

Here he is shutting up some Benfica supporters :lol:

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Sat May 26, 2012 3:36 am

That's why he would be an outrageous winger :wub: We need players who will work the ball through for Torres as well, mind, but Hulk has laid on a decent amount of assists this season. Do I dare to dream of Hazard-Torres-Hulk? :slol:

bear
Joined in 2008

by bear » Sat May 26, 2012 8:17 am

D_C wrote:I hope he ends up over here. Last I heard Porto wanted £38M, and we only wanted to go to £30M. He's also worked out terms and stuff, so we'll have to see what happens.

Surely that last part is the same as tapping up? I've seen a fair few stories simce January about potential transfers which have said the same thing about players having already agreed terms, is tapping up not against the rules anymore or what?

Also I see Mike Dean has said he'd have given Tevez a red if he had seen the whole incident with Barton. Will he now get a 3 match suspension?

Mommy Christmas
Multiball!
Joined in 2009

PostThe Football Thread 2011/12
by Mommy Christmas » Sat May 26, 2012 8:23 am

bear wrote:
D_C wrote:I hope he ends up over here. Last I heard Porto wanted £38M, and we only wanted to go to £30M. He's also worked out terms and stuff, so we'll have to see what happens.

Surely that last part is the same as tapping up? I've seen a fair few stories simce January about potential transfers which have said the same thing about players having already agreed terms, is tapping up not against the rules anymore or what?

Also I see Mike Dean has said he'd have given Tevez a red if he had seen the whole incident with Barton. Will he now get a 3 match suspension?

Hopefully he'll be serving the ban in Italy.

:dread:
BCFC Fan
Joined in 2011

by BCFC Fan » Sat May 26, 2012 10:44 am

Denster wrote:Gentleman. If you absolutely must debate with the troll - please do it by Pm. It's pointless me having the halfwit on ignore when you keep quoting him! :fp:

I can't look at my PM's because of that Game of Thrones spoiler you sent me a few weeks ago. :lol:

I'm really not a troll guys, I find it funny that being Anti-Fergie makes you a 'troll' on this extremely biased football thread. Anyway no need ruining this thread again with debates, sorry all.

jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by jamcc » Sat May 26, 2012 11:04 am

Nova wrote:That's why he would be an outrageous winger :wub: We need players who will work the ball through for Torres as well, mind, but Hulk has laid on a decent amount of assists this season. Do I dare to dream of Hazard-Torres-Hulk? :slol:

If Chelsea get Hazard (which I doubt) and Hulk, they'll have Hulk, Hazard, Marin, Mata, Piazon and Sturridge all to join Torres in attack. That's just silly!

PES Fan
Joined in 2008

by PES Fan » Sat May 26, 2012 11:15 am

Still think Chelsea will sign another striker. Possibly Hulks mate Falcao or even Cavani. Hulk has tended to play wide right of a front three most the time. Don't see Chelsea also trusting Torres to play the centre role even with Drogba gone.

He had his chances last season, but didn't take them. Yeah he had some good performances, but he didn't score enough.

Steve
Joined in 2008

by Steve » Sat May 26, 2012 11:28 am

PES Fan wrote:Still think Chelsea will sign another striker.

I heard they were in for Bendtner :slol:

degoose
Joined in 2008

by degoose » Sat May 26, 2012 12:02 pm

jamcc wrote:
Nova wrote:That's why he would be an outrageous winger :wub: We need players who will work the ball through for Torres as well, mind, but Hulk has laid on a decent amount of assists this season. Do I dare to dream of Hazard-Torres-Hulk? :slol:

If Chelsea get Hazard (which I doubt) and Hulk, they'll have Hulk, Hazard, Marin, Mata, Piazon and Sturridge all to join Torres in attack. That's just silly!

if chelsea do get hulk and hazard then that will be one amazing strike force

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
bear
Joined in 2008

by bear » Sat May 26, 2012 12:19 pm

PES Fan wrote:Still think Chelsea will sign another striker. Possibly Hulks mate Falcao or even Cavani. Hulk has tended to play wide right of a front three most the time. Don't see Chelsea also trusting Torres to play the centre role even with Drogba gone.

He had his chances last season, but didn't take them. Yeah he had some good performances, but he didn't score enough.

Surely there's a limit on how much Chelsea will spend this summer with FFP supposedly coming in? I realise Drogba, Kalou and Bosingwa going will cut the wage bill but they are still nowhere near breaking even. I think their sponsorship with Samsung is due to be renewed next year and will probably increase by anywhere between £5million and £12million but the kit deal with Adidas isnt due for renewal until 2016 as I understand it.

Superking
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mr Plough

by Superking » Sat May 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Just been browsing some lfc forums and strawberry float me it didn't take long for a lot of fans to turn on the owners. We've slowly become the most hysterical kneejerk set of supporters in the world.

One's never alone with a rubber duck
Finiarél
Joined in 2010

by Finiarél » Sat May 26, 2012 1:08 pm

Superking wrote:Just been browsing some lfc forums and strawberry float me it didn't take long for a lot of fans to turn on the owners. We've slowly become the most hysterical kneejerk set of supporters in the world.

Yeah, Its daft. Although i don't want the lad, if he comes in I'll back him.

glowy69 wrote:Being from the hood won't save you from an alien mate.
Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Sat May 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Shaka Hislop.

Discuss.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Sat May 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Nova
Joined in 2008

by Nova » Sat May 26, 2012 1:32 pm

PES Fan wrote:Still think Chelsea will sign another striker. Possibly Hulks mate Falcao or even Cavani. Hulk has tended to play wide right of a front three most the time. Don't see Chelsea also trusting Torres to play the centre role even with Drogba gone.

I think you have to give him the first half of the season. If Hulk comes, then there are a number of players that can play centrally should Torres not play well enough. He's been living under the shadow of a legend and the weight of unbelievable expectation. I think next season he will be a man reborn (think? more likely hope), if only because I don't believe talent can die away so suddenly.

I think a fair bit hinges on whether he gets a run in the Spanish team at the world cup or not. If he doesn't play, he may end up down in the dumps again.

Return to “Stuff”