The Wrestling Thread: WWE WrestleMania 31 [NSFW]

Our best bits.
YouSmellOfWee
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Tribute To The Troops - Christmas
by YouSmellOfWee » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:35 pm

KKLEIN wrote:http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn391e_wwe-tlc-tables-ladders-chairs-2011-12-18-11-part-6-hq_sport

11:10 for the world's worst pedigree.

Cole was quick on the commentary to try and cover it up. Truly, he is the greatest commentator since Jessie Ventura.

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Christmas Jim wrote:The unbeatable force has now been beaten :( how long until Henry is future endeavoured then

Not much. He dropped it due to injury, it seems.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:44 pm

In the last few years Vince has sure been happy with intentionally dismantling the ring. Used to be very protective of it...

Hasn't changed his stance in regards to graphics on the ring canvas, though. Maybe that's coming next.

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Interesting Punk RT which actually makes a decent point...

BTW, next time anyone rants about Vince's on-air Twitter obsession -- Vince loves Twitter, Twitter loves Punk/Bryan/Ryder. Think about it.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Vince most likely loves Twitter because he's been told it's a benefit to business. When he realises it makes no discernible difference whatsoever - particularly "trending" - they'll move on to something else.

Jeffrey
Joined in 2011

by Jeffrey » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:17 pm

:fp:

:P

My Facebook Photography page (mainly of cosplayers): http://www.facebook.com/GoldenDragonPictures
http://www.wongkarwai.net/
Balloon Sod
Joined in 2008

by Balloon Sod » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:28 pm

Dolph's sell of the Rough Ryder was a thing of beauty.

Banjo
Joined in 2008

by Banjo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Balloon Sod wrote:Dolph's sell of the Rough Ryder was a thing of beauty.

It always is. Brings back fond memories of how Rock would sell the Stone Cold Stunner. :wub:

Having the finish to the Orton/Barrett match in gif form isn't good, it's just pointing out that Randy's halfway up before Wade jumps. :fp: The little laugh from Orton is great though. Despite being a vocal Orton detractor, the Barrett feud gave good context to his persona; I never quite got on with his presentation as a face when he's outwardly trying to end people's careers, Barrett's constant sneak attacks and cheap shots at least gave him good reason to perform like he does. Still not sold on RKO OUT OF NOWHERE finishes though, they're ridiculously telegraphed.

_wheredoigonow_
Jeffrey
Joined in 2011

by Jeffrey » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:47 pm

My Facebook Photography page (mainly of cosplayers): http://www.facebook.com/GoldenDragonPictures
http://www.wongkarwai.net/
Dig Dug
Joined in 2011

by Dig Dug » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:58 pm

So I got WWE 12 today. How the strawberry float do you make a guy tap out? It was so easy in SVR 2011 now everyone just powers out of holds in seconds.

YouSmellOfWee
Joined in 2008

by YouSmellOfWee » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Banjo wrote:

It always is. Brings back fond memories of how Rock would sell the Stone Cold Stunner. :wub:

Having the finish to the Orton/Barrett match in gif form isn't good, it's just pointing out that Randy's halfway up before Wade jumps. :fp: The little laugh from Orton is great though. Despite being a vocal Orton detractor, the Barrett feud gave good context to his persona; I never quite got on with his presentation as a face when he's outwardly trying to end people's careers, Barrett's constant sneak attacks and cheap shots at least gave him good reason to perform like he does. Still not sold on RKO OUT OF NOWHERE finishes though, they're ridiculously telegraphed.

I don't mind the RKO OUT OF NOWHERE finishes, provided they make them a little less frequent. As it is, almost every match ends that way.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Banjo wrote:

That was awesome, the way he flipped over his head, really used to sell the stunner as a great finisher!

I find the most simple moves often make the best finishers. Leg Drop, People's Elbow, Sweet Chin etc. Too often these days a finisher isn't sold enough. :(

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:32 pm

It also helps that Dolph is just really, really good at selling.

Superking
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mr Plough

by Superking » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Glad to see lots of people noticed Dolphs selling of the Rough rider. Anyone else notice Dolph's Olympic(Angle) slam? :lol: :o

EDIT: Just found a vid of it

One's never alone with a rubber duck
Codename 47
Joined in 2008

by Codename 47 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:30 pm

captain red dog wrote:
Banjo wrote:

That was awesome, the way he flipped over his head, really used to sell the stunner as a great finisher!

I find the most simple moves often make the best finishers. Leg Drop, People's Elbow, Sweet Chin etc. Too often these days a finisher isn't sold enough. :(

I loved the way he sold the Stunner as well :wub: I love how they included it in some of the Smackdown games as well.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 pm

The darts really is like the wrestling - they've been banging on that they're now trending on Twitter this evening.

:fp:

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:56 pm

WWE TLC
KKLEIN 16
Lucien 15
ROTS 15
Dante 15
Prototype 13
Damage Inc 13
Darkritual 13
Drizzt 13
JMJ 13
Dig Dug 12
Reavus 12
Teh Bork 12
Jim 12
Mafro 12
Drumstick 12
Miguel007 12
Cattanomics 12
Custard 12
Codename47 12
Mockmaster 11
J.Vengeance 11
Zellery 11
E-man 11
A J Styles 11
Cosmo 11
Banjo 11
Sw26 10
Tomvek 10
Gaminglegend 10
SimonM_89 10
Slimgrady 9
Balloon Sod 9
IronMaiden 9
Hank Scorpio 9
Skippy 9

KKLEIN wins. He was the first to post predictions too. Three minutes after I posted the card. Yet no one copied his answers.

GRAPL Leaderboard
KKLEIN 119
Lucien 118
Mockmaster 118
Sw26 116
Dig Dug 115
J.Vengeance 113
Slimgrady 113
ROTS 110
Zellery 110
Reavus 108
Tomvek 108
Prototype 104
E-man 104
Damage Inc 103
Teh Bork 103
Darkritual 102
Drizzt 102
Jim 101
A J Styles 101
Balloon Sod 101
Dante 100
Mafro 99
Cosmo 99
JMJ 98
Drumstick 97
IronMaiden 96
Miguel007 95
Cattanomics 87
Gaminglegend 85
Hank Scorpio 85
Adam Pollard 84
Custard 82
SimonM_89 77
Powers 73
DarrenK 69
Skippy 65
Poncho 61
Lonestar 59
1337grind 58
Ginga 56
Banjo 44
Sandycoin 41
Codename47 30
Irene Demova 28
HailToTheKingBaby! 19
Rapper 6

Looks like KK is our leader heading into the new year. Lucien has snuck back up to the top as well. Looking like a close one this year with only four rounds left.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Just watching TLC, the Ryder/Ziggler match was superb. Fair play to both of them, they put on a great match and opener.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:44 pm

Think this is only my second win in the history of GRAPL.

Batista's gone off on one on Twitter:

DaveBautista wrote:excuse me! did i hear that right? Daniel Bryan World Heavyweight Champ. ummmmmmm.....ok.

man did that comment bring the tough guy haters out. well i'm at Gracie Fighter Tampa daily. 6333 s. dale mabry hwy Tampa FL. stop on by

so to clear up any misunderstanding about me hating on Daniel Bryan...actually i've been a supporter of his for years, unlike most of you Johnny come lately smart mark supporters. we actually had a hell of a match together that was originally supposed to be a squash match until this old broken down ex bodybuilder who never deserved to be champion and only had it handed to me because HHH was my boy...refused to job the kid out because i knew how good he was and wanted to have a strawberry floating match with him before i left the company. and a hell of a match we had considering where our respective places in the company were at the time. so yes im aware of all of his accomplishments and hard work through out the years and i'm thrilled to death for him....but still...World Heavyweight champ???ummmmmmm...ok. opinions are like assholes. my Twitter account,my opinion. and to all the bitch ass haters who just dogged me out and bitched about how horrible i was.....i've worked with HHH, the Undertaker,Rey Mysterio,Randy Orton Stone Cold,Edge,John Cena,Robin Ethics,Ric Fuckking Flair!!etc.etc.. and they all respected me and my work. Eddie Guerrero respected my work. so don't expect your little bullshit remarks to actually carry any weight. in your Bitch ass faces!!

Is Daniel Bryan winning the title a joke? Yes, but only because WWE have gone about it all wrong. It's the same thing they did with Ziggler, Mysterio & Swagger. In the world of WWE, as (former) US Champion isn't Dolph Ziggler more heavyweight championship material? Or anyone that wins for that matter? I think the whole Money in the Bank gimmick has had its day, as jobbers are now winning the flagship titles in complete non matches.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:47 pm

Chris Ben-who?

Return to “Archive”