The Wrestling Thread: WWE WrestleMania 31 [NSFW]

Our best bits.
Cuban Pete
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread: WWE Vengeance; Sunday, Sky Sports
by Cuban Pete » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Mark Henry is a champion?! I just remember him being a massive joke in the attitude/raw is war era!

Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:16 am

Cuban Pete wrote:Mark Henry is a champion?! I just remember him being a massive joke in the attitude/raw is war era!

The WWE have built him up as a monster in recent months. He was a joke for most of his WWE tenure, and although he may not be the most skilled technically, his current character is great.

Just gonna be sad when they job him out to Orton. :(

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:28 am

Mick Foley is being advertised on the 11/14 Raw show in Boston, a three-hour show which will also be the next appearance of The Rock, as the go-home show for Survivor Series.
The build for Survivor Seres and the return of Rock will start on this Monday's Raw.

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:52 am

Hey, I'm not against it if we get some classic Rock 'n' Sock action.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:45 am

Drumstick wrote:Hey, I'm not against it if we get some classic Rock 'n' Sock action.

Nor am I.

However I just wish WWE could stop advertising certain wrestlers appearing. We already know that rock is appearing, couldn't they have kept foley as a secret. I used to love it in the attitude era when people would turn up unannounced. Whilst they've done it with nash recently, that is all I can think of. Any appearance by the rock this past yr has always been announced before, I just want a pleasant surprise for once.

Shoe Army
gaminglegend
Joined in 2008

by gaminglegend » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:54 am

It would be a surprise if you stopped coming in this thread or looking on wrestling sites :lol: That bit above should maybe be spoilered. The reason it's announced beforehand is for rating bumps and ticket sales

Check out the GRCADE Beer Money Thread - Free shares & Bank Switch Offers £££! :msgreen:
https://grcade.co.uk/t:the-making-beer-money-thread
Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:08 am

gaminglegend wrote:It would be a surprise if you stopped coming in this thread or looking on wrestling sites :lol: That bit above should maybe be spoilered. The reason it's announced beforehand is for rating bumps and ticket sales

I know, thing is I come in here to discuss wrestling, I no longer visit wrestling sites. Problem is even if it was spoilered I would still read it anyway because I wouldn't be able to resist.

What I don't understand in this circumstance is why WWE need to announce foley. Surely that won't get any extra ticket sales considering that rock has already been announced. Plus on the ratings side if they stopped announcing things and had more surprises then maybe more people would it exciting and tune in.

Shoe Army
gaminglegend
Joined in 2008

by gaminglegend » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:17 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
gaminglegend wrote:It would be a surprise if you stopped coming in this thread or looking on wrestling sites :lol: That bit above should maybe be spoilered. The reason it's announced beforehand is for rating bumps and ticket sales

I know, thing is I come in here to discuss wrestling, I no longer visit wrestling sites. Problem is even if it was spoilered I would still read it anyway because I wouldn't be able to resist.

What I don't understand in this circumstance is why WWE need to announce foley. Surely that won't get any extra ticket sales considering that rock has already been announced. Plus on the ratings side if they stopped announcing things and had more surprises then maybe more people would it exciting and tune in.

It's a bit counter-productive though considering many people also TVIO/DR Raw episodes as well as watching live. What if you didn't record an episode or watch yet you are a huge Foley/Rock fan and wished to see them together? You didn't know and then they appeared on Raw, you'd be pissed that WWE didn't tell you. It's also for live gates for the show and in the area, remember people will now think that there is a chance that Rock or Foley will appear on the house shows (kids and fans not smarks/marks/internet fans) ;)

Check out the GRCADE Beer Money Thread - Free shares & Bank Switch Offers £££! :msgreen:
https://grcade.co.uk/t:the-making-beer-money-thread
Cuban Pete
Joined in 2008

by Cuban Pete » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:51 am

Mafro wrote:
Mick Foley is being advertised on the 11/14 Raw show in Boston, a three-hour show which will also be the next appearance of The Rock, as the go-home show for Survivor Series.
The build for Survivor Seres and the return of Rock will start on this Monday's Raw.

Think I'll have a browse at these then!

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:52 am

gaminglegend wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:

It's a bit counter-productive though considering many people also TVIO/DR Raw episodes as well as watching live. What if you didn't record an episode or watch yet you are a huge Foley/Rock fan and wished to see them together? You didn't know and then they appeared on Raw, you'd be pissed that WWE didn't tell you. It's also for live gates for the show and in the area, remember people will now think that there is a chance that Rock or Foley will appear on the house shows (kids and fans not smarks/marks/internet fans) ;)

I know why they do it from a business point of few but as a regular viewer it would make the show so much better. But then if I'm a regular viewer they aren't bothered about me as they would only be interested in appealing to those that have either stopped watching or.just dip in and out.

Shoe Army
Cosmo
Joined in 2010

by Cosmo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:57 am

It's our own fault really for reading spoilers etc. I don't think we'd be able to go a week without finding out the latest news.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:06 pm

I don't think advertising Rock or Foley is really that big of a spoiler anyway to be honest. It makes much more sense in terms of promotion that they advertise it in advance rather than just have it happen. They still spring the odd surprise like Nash returning unannounced etc.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Attitude Era/the 90s to the rescue again.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:52 pm

KKLEIN wrote:Attitude Era/the 90s to the rescue again.

Although to be fair Rock is at least still able to perform to the same level as his prime and Foley probably could too as long as he could still handle the pain! :lol:

Codename 47
Joined in 2008

by Codename 47 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:59 pm

captain red dog wrote:I don't think advertising Rock or Foley is really that big of a spoiler anyway to be honest. It makes much more sense in terms of promotion that they advertise it in advance rather than just have it happen. They still spring the odd surprise like Nash returning unannounced etc.

You're right about that. I remember watching SS and being genuinely shocked when Nash did what he did. I don't know if there were any prior rumours about him being there, but it was nice to be genuinely shocked and surprised for the first time in a while. It got me pretty excited about Raw the next night to see what the fallout was.

I wonder could folks here go one or two weeks without keeping up with rumours, dirt sheets, etc? I wonder if you'd end up enjoying the shows more? Be genuinely shocked when the surprises and stuff happen. Of course the quality of the show was a big factor, but i imagine never really hearing about the rumours and storyline's in advanced was part of the reason why i enjoyed the Attitude Era so much.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:16 pm

I think it's fair to say Bound for Glory was the 3rd best PPV of the year from the WWE & TNA.

I marked out a little for the stop sign spot in the Anderson/Bubba match. I knew exactly what was coming as soon as he grabbed the sign, but I haven't seen it done in years. In fact the whole match was a pleasant throw-back to a seemingly bygone era. That guard rail had to be rigged though, surely (even though Anderson went for what seemed like the wrong one). Land on one of those and you'd be in hospital. Very doubtful they'd bend, either.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Best bit was D-Lo getting the second-biggest pop of the night :lol:

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Trying to explain weapons to a non-wrestling fan is hilarious though. 'So let me get this straight. The chairs are real, but the bins clearly aren't? Huh?'

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:32 pm

WWE Vengeance
Sheamus vs. Christian
Winner:
Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder - for the U.S. Title
Winner (worth 2):
Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton
Winner:
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Eve Torres - for the WWE Divas Championship
Winner:
R-Truth and The Miz vs. CM Punk and Triple H
Winners (worth 2):
Person to lose the match for their team:
Mark Henry (c) vs. The Big Show - for the World Heavyweight Championship
Winner (worth 4):
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena - Last Man Standing match for the WWE Championship
Winner (worth 5):

DamageInc
Joined in 2010

by DamageInc » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:35 pm

WWE Vengeance
Sheamus vs. Christian
Winner: Sheamus
Dolph Ziggler vs. Zack Ryder - for the U.S. Title
Winner (worth 2): Zack Ryder
Cody Rhodes vs. Randy Orton
Winner: Randy Orton
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Eve Torres - for the WWE Divas Championship
Winner: Beth Phoenix
R-Truth and The Miz vs. CM Punk and Triple H
Winners (worth 2): CM Punk and Triple H
Person to lose the match for their team:
Mark Henry (c) vs. The Big Show - for the World Heavyweight Championship
Winner (worth 4): Mark Henry
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. John Cena - Last Man Standing match for the WWE Championship
Winner (worth 5): Alberto Del Rio

Return to “Archive”