The Wrestling Thread: WWE WrestleMania 31 [NSFW]

Our best bits.
captain red dog
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: WWE Extreme Rules; Sunday, Sky Box Off
by captain red dog » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:01 am

Floex wrote:
Dixie Carter made the call that Ric Flair can no longer be shown on TV shirtless.

Brilliant :lol:

:lol: Reminds me of that Rubber Ric Flair website from a while ago!

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:05 am

Sky swapped Extreme Rules & No Way Out around this year - I guess they didn't want five events in a row on Sky Box Office.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Del Rio :lol:

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:40 pm

I miss the old days of just the big four PPVs. Fueds were built up massively meaning that the hype would carry an event even if the matches failed. Then In Your House came along and changed things forever. :cry:

Jango
Joined in 2008

by Jango » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:59 pm

captain red dog wrote:I miss the old days of just the big four PPVs. Fueds were built up massively meaning that the hype would carry an event even if the matches failed. Then In Your House came along and changed things forever. :cry:

What were the four PPV's?

Wrestlemania
Summerslam
Survivor Series
Royal Rumble

?

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:30 pm

captain red dog wrote:I miss the old days of just the big four PPVs. Fueds were built up massively meaning that the hype would carry an event even if the matches failed. Then In Your House came along and changed things forever. :cry:

You can blame WCW for that. They increased the number of PPVs, so WWF decided to copy them. IYH was originally only 2 hours in length though, & cheaper than the big shows. The In Your House set was dropped after Ground Zero (I wonder if the WWE still have it?) & the name binned completely following Backlash in 1999.

Powers
Joined in 2008

by Powers » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Mafro wrote:Image

Del Rio :lol:

Is that McIntyre laughing his head off behind Cena too? All kinds of amazing.

A J Styles
Joined in 2008

by A J Styles » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Does anyone have the Brian Pillman DVD? I was thinking of buying it

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Powers wrote:Is that McIntyre laughing his head off behind Cena too? All kinds of amazing.

I think McIntyre was on valium or drunk when they filmed this. Every backstage GIF of him from that RAW looks like he's having the best time he has ever had in his life.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:29 pm

After a brief (long) hiatus, the Powerslam recap is back!

Issue #108, July 2003

In The News (edited by Fin Martin)

• From the May 18 Judgment Day show (held before a crowd of 14,000 in Charlotte, North Carolina): Judgment Day was a waste of three hours of Pay Per View time. Featuring mainly rushed or uninspiring matches and half-baked performances and an offensive finish in the boring World title match (which mirrored the one used in Triple H's match with Scott Steiner at Royal Rumble, JD was a failure in terms of booking and execution. You know things are pretty grim when The Big Show is one half of the hottest match of the night.

Chuck Palumbo, Johnny Stamboli and John Cena defeated Robin Ethics, Rhyno and Spanky in just four minutes.

La Resistance downed Test and Scott Steiner in a terrible match.

Eddie Guerrero and Tajiri beat Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas in a good ladder match to raise the WWE Tag Team Title.

Christian won a rotten Battle Royal to capture the vacant Intercontinental title.

Mr America pinned Roddy Piper in a worthless match.

Kevin Nash downed Triple H by DQ when 'The Game' intentionally hit the referee to 'save the title'.

Jazz retained the Women's title against Trish Stratus, Victoria and Jacqueline in a decent Fatal Four Way.

And finally, Brock Lesnar beat The Big Show in an entertaining Stretcher Match.

• From the May 19 Raw (held before a crowd of 7,000 in Greenville, South Carolina): Triple H was ordered by Steve Austin to defend his World Title on the show. Austin graciously allowed Tripper to choose his own opponent. It could be anyone - so long as he was a former World champion. 'The Game' selected Ric Flair. Backstage, HHH asked Ric to lay down for him in their match. 'Slic' Ric wasn't keen.

Austin discovered that Chris Jericho had engineered the hit and run attack which almost wiped out Bill Goldberg in the car park on the previous week's show.

Lastly, Triple H pinned Flair in a passable bout. Afterwards, Austin announced that HHH would face Kevin Nash in a Hell in a Cell match at Bad Blood. What a waste of a perfectly good gimmick.

• From the May 22 SmackDown (taped on May 20 before a crowd of 4,000 in Greensboro, North Carolina): Vince McMahon set up a stipulation match between Mr. America and Sean O'Haire. If America won, Roddy Piper would be fired, whereas if O'Haire won, America would have to take a lie detector test.

Two days after suffering a concussion at Judgment Day, Spanky made his in-ring comeback and took several wild bumps en route to a useless squash loss to John Cena. Young Brian Kendrick should have been given the week off.

The Undertaker returned and saved Brock Lesnar from a three-on-one attack by the Full Blooded Italians.

Lastly, O'Haire defeated Mr. America by count-out.

• From the May 26 Raw (held before a crowd of 6,500 in Mobile, Alabama): Shawn Michaels and babyface Ric Flair exchanged compliments. And more compliment. And more complements still. In fact, this shameless display of arse-kissing went on so long, I thought I was watching the Academy Awards ceremony. Then Triple H and Eric Bischoff joined them in the ring. The Bisch booked HHH against Michaels and Flair in a handicap main event.

In the Highlight Reel, Jericho trashed Goldberg. He then dropped him with a shot of mace to the face when Goldberg launched the Spear.

Finally, the Handicap match proved to be a set up all along (I never tire of that angle): 'Slic' Ric turned heel on Michaels in a deeply predictable main event. Soon, a masked man joined in HHH and Flair's assault on Michaels. The masked man was Randy Orton, which begs the question why he was wearing a mask. Regrettably no one cared.

• From the May 29 SmackDown (taped on May 27 before a crowd of 5,000 in Pensacola, Florida): Mr America passed the lie-detector test with flying colours. He's not Hulk Hogan after all, you know. This infuriated Mr McMahon, who decided to hook himself up to the polygraph machine to 'prove' it was faulty. Instead, McMahon was totally humiliated when the machine 'proved' he was a selfish, power-mad pervert. Vince was a riot throughout the segment.

Lastly, the Basham Brothers defeated Spanky and Rikishi in their instantly forgettable début.

• From the June 2 Raw (held before a crowd of 8,000 in San Diego, California): Due to all the squabbling between Stacy Keibler and Test and Scott Steiner, it was announced that Test would clash with Steiner at Bad Blood and the winner would earn Keibler's managerial services.

Jericho poured paint all over Goldberg's car. Goldberg ran outside to nail him, but Jericho had disappeared. Goldberg was outsmarted again.

The Rock came back for one night only and turned babyface in a Highlight Reel hosted by Christian.

Finally, Goldberg returned to the arena and tried to Spear Jericho. But - guess what? - Jericho was way ahead of him yet again: the man with no dress sense sidestepped the Spear and Goldberg levelled the referee.

• From the June 5 SmackDown (held before a crowd of 7,500 in Anaheim, California): Kurt Angle returned as a babyface. He had a confrontation with The Big Show, and shook hands with his new buddy Lesnar. That friendship won't last...

Cena pinned Robin Ethics in a mediocre match after Rhyno 'inadvertently' nailed 'The Crippler' with a chain. Looks like Benoit and Rhyno are heading for a feud...

Finally, Rey Mysterio beat Matt Hardy in a good match to capture the Cruiserweight title.

• From the June 9 Raw (held before a crowd of 7,500 in Miami, Florida): Trouble in the RVD/Kane camp. Kane was nowhere to be seen when Van Dam was flattened by La Resistance. When RVD confronted him about it later, 'The Big Red Machine' walked off, without offering an explanation.

Mick Foley was announced as the referee of the HHH vs. Nash Hell in a Cell match at Bad Blood. 'The Game' later attacked Foley and gave him a proper beating.

• Earl Hebner suffered a badly bruised shoulder when HHH drilled him with a sledgehammer at Judgment Day.

• Scott Steiner is having serious back problems (along with everything else). Rumour has it that he doesn't have many matches left in him.

• WWE decided not to hire the Legion Of Doom. Management was not impressed by their performance - in particular Hawk's no-sell job after he absorbed the Five Star Frog Splash - in their match with RVD and Kane on May 12.

• Ultimo Dragon made his debut on May 26. He defeated Rico in a dark match.

• Steve Austin suffered cuts and bruises in a car accident in late May. That's why he looked so awful on the May 26 Raw (you didn't believe that tale about him slipping in the shower, did you?)

• Fred Blassie died of a heart and kidney failure on June 2 at the age of 85. Blassie, one of the greatest managers ever, had been in poor health for several weeks.

• Mark Henry is still stationed in OVW - in the unlikely event that you're wondering what happened to him. Hey, only three more years and the WWE will finally be rid of Henry: his contract expires in 2006.

• Still no sign of Goldberg on House Shows...

• Mr America's buddy Zach Gowen is the artist formerly known as Tenacious Z. The one legged 19-year old can work an exciting short match, as NWA: TNA fans discovered in February.

• In recent happenings from TNA...

Chris Sabin captured the X title in a Triple Threat match against The Amazing Red (champion) and Jerry Lynn on May 14. Afterwards, Sabin joined Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, and Elix Skipper in the Sports Entertainment Xtreme stable.

Sean Waltman was scheduled to return in a prominent role on May 21, but managed to miss his flight from Los Angeles (where he rents a very expensive apartment). Believing Waltman to be unreliable, TNA has no plans to use him again.

BG James returned on May 28. So did Vince Russo. He ran in during the main event between Raven and Glen Gilberti (WCW's Disco Inferno) and nailed Raven with a rubber baseball bat, which enabled Gilberti to score the pin.

Jeff Jarrett defeated Gilberti with Russo's assistance on June 4. Russo was also involved in the finish of the NWA World title bout on June 11, which ended with a new champion being crowned. In a Triple Threat encounter between Jarrett (champion), Raven and AJ. Styles, Russo ran in blasted Jarrett with a guitar, and Styles made the cover to win the NWA World title. Yes, it was a set up all along...

Sting was scheduled to make his first appearance for the promotion on June 18.

In the Ratings

RAW

May 19: 3.6
May 26: 3.7
June 2: 3.9
June 9: 3.5

SmackDown

May 15: 3.2
May 22: 3.3
May 29: 3.4
June 5: 3.1

UK - RAW

Week ending April 24: 240,000
Week ending May 4: 230,000
Week ending May 11: 200,000

Signs of The Times

Sable is FOXY - Raw, May 19
I want Stone Cold to lose his temper - Raw, June 2
Piper has my leg - SmackDown, June 5
Big Daddy - Insurrextion, June 7
Spoiler: Triple H wins - Insurrextion, June 7
Jazz is a boiler - Insurrextion, June 7
HHH is holding down my sign - Insurrextion, June 7
wHHHo booked this crap? - Insurrextion, June 7

If I Can Be Serious For A Minute...

"Don't forget: Charlie Haas was an academic All-American. He's got the brains...Well that's not going to help him in the ring here." - Tazz, Backlash April 27.

"He's a rock star, he's a dancer...now, he's an interviewer?" - Jerry Lawler on Chris Jericho, Raw May 5.

"Not really a fashion plate though, is he?" - Jim Ross (in response)

"The irony of the innocence of Miss Elizabeth, juxtaposed to the way that she died. There's a message there somewhere. I'm not too sure what it is.. But it's something that performers in our business have to learn from, so they do not repeat the same mistakes that were made by others before them." - Vince McMahon, Confidential May 10

"Not everything in France is bad, JR. The Eiffel Tower's nice. Those berets...it's a functional item of apparel." - Jerry Lawler, Raw May 12

"I know berets are illegal in the state of Oklahoma." - Jim Ross (in response)

"Do you like sushi, Cole?" - Tazz to Michael Cole, SmackDown May 15

"I love sushi!" - Michael Cole (in response)

"You can't afford sushi, you geek. You like hamburgers." - Tazz (in response to that).

"...Unimpeded?" - Tazz, Judgment Day May 18

"It means nobody in their way, no obstacles." - Michael Cole (in response)

"I know what it means, Cole. Let's just call the match." - Tazz (in response to that)

"In WWE, I became one of the biggest stars in the history of the company." - Chris Jericho, dreaming again, Raw May 26

"A lot of farmers cattle with Cadillacs, you know that?" - Tazz to Michael Cole, SmackDown May 29

"What are you talking about?" - Michael Cole (in response)

"The one thing I can't stand, Hogan, is a liar." - Vince McMahon to Mr America, SmackDown May 29.

"All this cruiserweight talk. These flying cruiserweights, they don't deserve a second look. It's like watching The Haiti Kid beat on Lord Littlebrook." - John Cena, SmackDown June 5.

"They got rid of Mad Cow Disease, but what about Fat Cow Disease?" - The Bisch on the gals at the Telewest Arena, Insurrextion June 7.

FEATURE

ImageImageImageImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dangerblade
Joined in 2008

by Dangerblade » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 pm

KKLEIN wrote:[*]Mark Henry is still stationed in OVW - in the unlikely event that you're wondering what happened to him. Hey, only three more years and the WWE will finally be rid of Henry: his contract expires in 2006.

:lol:

Dig Dug
Joined in 2011

by Dig Dug » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Jango wrote:

What were the four PPV's?

Wrestlemania
Summerslam
Survivor Series
Royal Rumble

?

There was also king of the ring, that was made to fill in the gap between summerslam and survivor series.

DamageInc
Joined in 2010

by DamageInc » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Dangerblade wrote:
KKLEIN wrote:[*]Mark Henry is still stationed in OVW - in the unlikely event that you're wondering what happened to him. Hey, only three more years and the WWE will finally be rid of Henry: his contract expires in 2006.

:lol: noticed that was well,

sw26
Joined in 2008

by sw26 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:55 pm

I kind of want that Cornette face t-shirt.

:shifty:

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Yes it's back already. Less than a month after crowning Skippy as season 3 champion he has to start his defence in season 4 of GRAPL: GRAPL harder, even harder than the last time I used this subtitle. No champion has managed to defend his title successfully, Zellery came so close in season 2 losing to ROTS in a tiebreak. ROTS then outright failed to compete. So will Skippy push on or follow the trend of fading away into obscurity?

Before we get underway it's time for them (now) annual reading of Mockmasters GRAPL poem:
Mockmaster wrote:GRAPL
Concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
Now you're in GRAPL
GRAPL will make you feel brand new
Making match predictions will inspire you
Let's hear it for GRAPL, GRAPL, GRAPL

Now the yearly listing of the rules, read these now because I only post them at the start.
Rules
1. Deadline for entries is one minute before the PPV starts.
2. Champions' deadline for entry is one minute before midnight the SATURDAY before the PPV. No more extensions. Due to complaints this is now permanent. Even if I get the card up late on Saturday then the champ deadline is still the same.
3. No more mystery prizes. 5 points are awarded for the person(s) coming top. This means you need to go for the win to get the big points. I can change the amount at any time
4. Thanks to 3 there are no more tiebreaks! Except for the finale. Usual tiebreak rules will apply.
5. No more PM entry as no one used it last season.
6. Putting your entry in a spoiler box or making it heard to read will render it null and void.
7. You may put relevant and sensibly sized pictures into predictions like Ginga did but don't go overboard.
8. Keep your prediction simple. Any "and/ors/ifs" , random comments or double predictions will void that question.
9. ANY attempts to cheat will result in a strike. Three strikes and you are perma banned from GRAPL. Strikes have been erased from the previous season, we don't want Zemo going out in the first round.
10. When I ask for a loser or a survivor in the singular then that means you put one name. Loser means the person who submits, is pinned or causes a no contest/DQ. If the DQ is outside interference then the question is ruled out.
11. Grand prizes are the same as last year.
12. I can add to or change these rules at any time.
13. There will be a TNA GRAPL this year. Mockmaster postponed it till this year, blame him.
14. All winners of title matches are at least double points. Only predictions of the winners of titles matches are double any other questions are normal points unless marked otherwise.
15. Any other multiple points questions will be clearly marked.
16. If you don't read these then ask me things covered here then you are a retard. But if I have missed something or I don't make sense at times then please say so.

The tag tournament will start next month. Entry to this PPV will get you automatic entry, Skippy and his partner will be getting a bye to the quarter finals.

WWE Extreme Rules
Will Jericho appear during the PPV? (Yes/No)
Prediction:
Layla vs. Michelle McCool - No DQ, No Countout, Loser Must Leave SmackDown
Winner:
Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole and Jack Swagger - Country Whipping Match
Winning Team:
Winner:
Loser:
Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio - Falls Count Anywhere Match
Winner:
Finish to be...........
A) In the ring
B) Out the ring but in the main arena part
C) Backstage
D) Outside the arena
Prediction:
CM Punk vs. Randy Orton - Last Man Standing Match
Winner (worth 2):
How many of Nexus will interfere?
Prediction:
Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Title
Winner (worth 4):
How many ladders will be USED?
Prediction:
John Morrison vs. John Cena vs. The Miz - Triple Threat Cage Match for the WWE Title
Winner (worth 4):
Finish will be......
A) Pinfall
B) Submission
C) Escape over the cage
D) Escape through the door
E) None of the above
Prediction:

BONUS QUESTION
Not worth any points but the winners will have their name in ubercool gold for the rest of the season.
Mafro will fall asleep?
A) Before the show
B) During the first half hour
C) Between first half hour and the last hour
D) During the last hour
E) During the main event
Prediction:

Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Cody and Rey is a falls count anywhere? What?

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:27 pm

Rog wrote:BONUS QUESTION
Not worth any points but the winners will have their name in ubercool gold for the rest of the season.
Mafro will fall asleep?
A) Before the show
D) During the last hour
E) During the main event
Prediction:

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
J. Vengeance
Joined in 2008

by J. Vengeance » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:39 pm

WWE Extreme Rules
Prediction: No

Winner: Layla

Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole and Jack Swagger - Country Whipping Match
Winning Team: Cole & Swagger

Winner: Cole
Loser: JR

Winner: Rey Mysterio
Finish to be...........B) Out the ring but in the main arena part

Winner (worth 2): Randy Orton
Prediction: 2

Winner (worth 4): Christian
Prediction: 4

John Morrison vs. John Cena vs. The Miz - Triple Threat Cage Match for the WWE Title
Winner (worth 4): The Miz
Finish will be......C) Escape over the cage

BONUS QUESTION
Mafro will fall asleep?

Rapper
Joined in 2008

by Rapper » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:52 pm

WWE Extreme Rules
Winner:Layla
Winning Team:Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler
Winner:Jim Ross
Loser:Jack Swagger
Winner:Cody Rhodes
Finish to be...........
A) In the ring
B) Out the ring but in the main arena part
C) Backstage
D) Outside the arena
Prediction:B
Winner (worth 2):CM Punk
Prediction:3
Winner (worth 4):Christian
Prediction:4
Winner (worth 4):The Miz
Finish will be......
A) Pinfall
B) Submission
C) Escape over the cage
D) Escape through the door
E) None of the above
Prediction:C

BONUS QUESTION
Mafro will fall asleep?
A) Before the show
D) During the last hour
E) During the main event
Prediction:C

Theres my things

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:36 pm

WWE Extreme Rules

Winner: Layla

Winning Team: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler
Winner: Jim Ross
Loser: Michael Cole

Winner: Rey Mysterio
Finish to be...........
Prediction: A) In the ring

Winner (worth 2): Randy Orton

Prediction: 3

Winner (worth 4): Christian

Prediction: 3

Winner (worth 4): the miz

Finish will be......
Prediction: C) Escape over the cage

BONUS QUESTION
Mafro will fall asleep?
A) Before the show
D) During the last hour
E) During the main event
Prediction: A

I know it's actually not an option but I think he will stay up for the entire thing just to spite everyone.

Last edited by Return_of_the_STAR on Sun May 01, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shoe Army

Return to “Archive”