The Wrestling Thread: WWE WrestleMania 31 [NSFW]

Our best bits.
Skippy
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread: WWE WRESTLEMANIA XXVII
by Skippy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:22 pm

KKLEIN wrote:If Cena complains on RAW Rock cost him the match then that makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more the ending last night made no sense.

Why would The Rock restart the match other than to Rock Bottom Cena and have Miz pin him. Miz had already retained once so that's the only reason really. Then when Miz is celebrating The Rock attacks him :? They clearly only threw in the last bit so it didn't look like a heel turn.

Prime TNA booking right there. Anyway, a Cena/Rock match HAS to be in the making, otherwise they would have had more of a fight between the two last night.

Prototype wrote::fp:

That is all.

Had I not bet my GRcade account on Cena winning, I'd post my thoughts in their entirety.

Goodbye forever :cry:

Toodles

Cosmo
Joined in 2010

by Cosmo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:25 pm

The last few matches were improved with JR being on commentary. He should've been calling HBK's match at WM26 though.

Jay Adama
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Jay Adama » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:29 pm

I thought the ending was a classic bit of misdirection. Fans get pissed off by double count out and confused as most expected Cena to win, Rock comes out to restart it as it's 'the right thing to do' etc. so everyone thinks Cena will now win for sure as Miz can't cheat only to have Rock screw him over.

Loved it :wub: I do wish he had just stared down Miz from the ramp for the ending though.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Jay Mysterio wrote:I thought the ending was a classic bit of misdirection. Fans get pissed off by double count out and confused as most expected Cena to win, Rock comes out to restart it as it's 'the right thing to do' etc. so everyone thinks Cena will now win for sure as Miz can't cheat only to have Rock screw him over.

Loved it :wub: I do wish he had just stared down Miz from the ramp for the ending though.

Absolutely spot on. Jay knows his gooseberry fool.

gaminglegend
Joined in 2008

by gaminglegend » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Skippy wrote:
KKLEIN wrote:If Cena complains on RAW Rock cost him the match then that makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah, the more I think about it the more the ending last night made no sense.

Why would The Rock restart the match other than to Rock Bottom Cena and have Miz pin him. Miz had already retained once so that's the only reason really. Then when Miz is celebrating The Rock attacks him :? They clearly only threw in the last bit so it didn't look like a heel turn.

Prime TNA booking right there. Anyway, a Cena/Rock match HAS to be in the making, otherwise they would have had more of a fight between the two last night.

Prototype wrote::fp:

That is all.

Had I not bet my GRcade account on Cena winning, I'd post my thoughts in their entirety.

Goodbye forever :cry:

Toodles

Miz did attack him on Raw.

Check out the GRCADE Beer Money Thread - Free shares & Bank Switch Offers £££! :msgreen:
https://grcade.co.uk/t:the-making-beer-money-thread
Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:41 pm

He got him back for that on Raw as well, just seemed odd to me.

BTB
Joined in 2008

by BTB » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 pm

Is there a video/download for just the cena match, i managed to watch up until there last night.

If not a link to the whole thing would be nice and ill find the last part i watched.

PM please so i dont have to read alot and find spoilers, thanks!

Zellery
Joined in 2008

by Zellery » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:06 pm

For anyone curious about the WWE's latest acquisition Sin Cara, here's a video showcasing what he's all about.

Adam Pollard
Joined in 2008

by Adam Pollard » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:10 pm

KKLEIN wrote:Of recent WrestleMania's, 24 is still the best. I'd rank 27 second, 26 third & 25 last (it's also ranking as one of the worst 'Mania's full stop).

That's my consensus as well, last night was leagues ahead of the dismal 25 and 26 events.

Really enjoyed the show, even though my predictions were miles off for the most part.

The video they showed before Miz's entrance was fantastic, strawberry float knows why they didn't air that on the go-home Raw.

gaminglegend
Joined in 2008

by gaminglegend » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:12 pm

I thought last night was gooseberry fool, I've no idea what half of you were watching, even The Rock was gooseberry fool, but I got my Rockbottom to Cena moment. :wub: I fell asleep during HHH Taker so will have to rewatch later as all I saw was Taker dead at the end.

Check out the GRCADE Beer Money Thread - Free shares & Bank Switch Offers £££! :msgreen:
CuriousOyster
Joined in 2008

by CuriousOyster » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Zellery wrote:For anyone curious about the WWE's latest acquisition Sin Cara, here's a video showcasing what he's all about.

Jesus strawberry floating Christ some of those moves don't look possible. Can't wait for his debut.

Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Balloon Sod wrote:What an excellent episode of Raw.

:lol:

This!

Daniel Bryan and Sheamus getting pulled off the card so that we could hear Hornswoggle's real voice set the tone for the show.

Alberto Del Rio having the carpet pulled from underneath his feet: Should've saw this coming. Edge - who has turned face back to heel so many times I can't remember - gets the nod to keep the strap. It was a decent match, though.

Cody Rhodes v Rey Mysterio was match of the night for me. Cody's character is getting the push it deserves - and although Rey Mysterio (reminiscent of Del Boy dressed as Batman from that episode of Only Fools) put in a good match I was glad Cody won. One of the few logical choices the entire card saw.

Orton V Punk was fantastic too. CM Punk is literally the best heel in World Wide Entertainment at the minute, and although I'll always shout for Orton, perhaps Punk would have gained more from the win. That RKO was superb though.

Cole v Lawler was an entertainment fest. And not in a good way. The same way as Bret v McMahon stank up Mania last year, the crowd were dead for this. Just as well they had Austin involved.

Corre jobbing out made lots of sense considering you just put the majority of your titles on them. :fp:

Undertaker V HHH was the predictable spot fest. Credit to them both though. The hellsgate not being locked in properly was a bit lazy.

I'm glad Snooki got over. Seriously, what the strawberry float? I remember Morrison pulling off one good move, and can't remember much from Ziggler. I knew this was coming though, as depressing as it was.

Miz v Cena. SWERVE ON A SWERVE ON A SWERVE. Holy gooseberry fool, who booked this crap? The Raw general manager is fine, I think he adds a lot to Raw, but in the main event at the biggest PPV of the year, his participation is not needed. Especially when all it is there to do is let Rock get over with his catchphrase. I love the Rock as much as the next person, but the fact WWE didn't have the balls to finish with just Cena or Miz lifting the title felt a bit tacky.

I am the victim of my own hype, once again.

Last edited by Prototype on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmo
Joined in 2010

by Cosmo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:14 pm

I doubt he'll do anything that spectacular in WWE.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:18 pm

Proto's avatar and sig :lol:
Cosmo wrote:I doubt he'll do anything that spectacular in WWE.

Yeah he'll be toned down to strawberry float.

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
gaminglegend
Joined in 2008

by gaminglegend » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Did anyone else think The Rock was admitting he was GM when he said "I think" :?
I thought the crowd thought that as well until he went "it doesn't matter"

gaminglegend
Joined in 2008

by gaminglegend » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:21 pm

Also when you think about it as much as I love Rock, he came back buried the two top young stars from the past few years since he left. :fp:

Jay Adama
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Jay Adama » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:28 pm

gaminglegend wrote:Did anyone else think The Rock was admitting he was GM when he said "I think" :?
I thought the crowd thought that as well until he went "it doesn't matter"

Yup, totally with you. I don't think he is though, either that moment was an accident or if I were to give WWE the benefit of the doubt I'd say they may have planned it... :shifty:

Poncho
Joined in 2008

by Poncho » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:30 pm

I assumed the crowd reaction was because they knew his catchphrase was coming up...

He is probably the GM regardless.

Edit: The problem with the main event is that there has been so much physical interaction between Cena and Miz over the past month. It had a 'Well...I suppose we should wrestle or something now" feel to it.

Last edited by Poncho on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:32 pm

It wouldn't have been so bad if he left it at giving Cena a second shot then just as quickly snatching it away from him as 'punishment' for his years of being a relatively dull character constantly topping the WWE roster (i.e what the smarks think), leaving The Miz standing as champion at the end of WrestleMania. Some people in the MSN chat said it looked like it was the passing of the torch and they could do anything with Miz now, because he's actually a pretty damn good charismatic champion. Then Rock came in to beat Miz down for some reason.

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Firstly an apology. Due to current money and job issues there won't be cash money prizes right now. I really can't justify it. So the winners will have to settle for pure glory and knocking the smile off ROTS face.

WWE Wrestlemania
Skippy 18
Hank Scorpio 17
Goose 14
Gaminglegend 14
E-Man 13
DamageInc 13
Miguel007 13
Balloon Sod 12
ROTS 12
Iron Maiden 12
Mockmaster 12
Dante 12
Dark Ritual 12
King Kaliente 12
Drumstick 11
Mafro 11
Jim 10
Teh Bork 10
Irene Demova 10
J.Vengeance 10
Jam Master Jay 9
Lonestar 9
Cattanomics 9
SimonM_89 9
Phatman 9
Lucien 8
Adam Pollard 8
KKLEIN 8
Prototype 8
AJ Styles 8
Pell 6
Sw26 6

So Skippy wins the PPV and gets the bonus points. Does this make any changes to the top spots?

GRAPL Leaderboard
Skippy 145
Pell 135
Jam Master Jay 130
Balloon Sod 130
Goose 130
ROTS 125
Lucien 121
Jim 120
Hank Scorpio 120
Iron Maiden 118
Mockmaster 116
Adam Pollard 115
Sw26 111
KKLEIN 109
Drumstick 108
Gaminglegend 107
Sykes 105
Lonestar 104
E-Man 102
Teh Bork 101
Cattanomics 99
SimonM_89 97
Tomvek 94
AJ Styles 93
Irene Demova 83
Vishvanath 79
Prototype 79
Baron Zemo 74
Barley 58
Deadpool 54
Zellery 44
Dante 42
Phatman 41
DamageInc 38
Mafro 36
Cuttooth 35
J.Vengeance 30
Dark Ritual 30
Miguel007 28
DigDug 16
King Kaliente 15
Fishy 14
Ryan0rz 14
BOHero 14
ThenatureBoy 10
CuriousOyster 10
LightSamus 8
Jay Mysterio 5
Cropolite 2

So after Pell lead for so long and consistently put in great performances he is thwarted by a poor score and missing points from an early disqualification. But he messed up leaving an opening and boy was it taken advantage of, not only a superior performance to his rivals but he also won GRAPL by winning the final PPV. Ladies and gentleman our reigning champion for the next year..............
SKIPPY!

Pell with the battler's second place.

Third place is............
Jam Master Jay.
He wins the three-way tie due to winning more PPVs than BS and Cosmo.

So to Clarify:
1st Skippy
2nd Pell
3rd Jam Master Jay
4th Cosmo and Balloon Sod

Our now ex-champion ROTS managed 5th. Which officially makes him our worst champion ever.

So that is it. Skippy takes it in the final hour with supreme performance. Wrestlemania disappointed. This year has seen us reach 50 participants and GRAPL seems to be getting more interest than ever. So it will continue next year. But there will be changes, not just for the champion. For now Skippy has his glory but the defence starts...........very soon.

Now we must take a moment to remember those that we have lost over the past year.....
RIP Prototype 2002-2011

Last edited by Rog on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Archive”