The Wrestling Thread: WWE WrestleMania 31 [NSFW]

Our best bits.
mas22
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wrestling Thread: And the Undertaker's 'Mania opponent i
by mas22 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:42 am

Double88 wrote:Anyone else enjoy Cenas 'rap' this past week on RAW? :shifty:

I had to watch this via youtube, as well as the Rock's return, when you compare the two clips it just shows how stale WWE it is currently :shifty: to what is was way back in the Attitude era when I was into it.

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:43 am

Skippy wrote:Triple H saw the 21-2-11 promos and knew Taker would be there. Perfectly plausible.

Anyway, Smackdown looks pretty standard but there's what looks like a great promo to kick start the Cody/Rey feud. Dusty Rhodes looks like he'll be playing a role :D

I'm all for cody having a storyline and a feud but this sounds like another situation where rey will win 90% of the matches and confrontations but he will be treated like the underdog that has to overcome the odds. I'm bored of rey.

Yid Army
Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 am

This weeks SD spoilers, for some reason there's no really any mention of storylines or backstage segments though :?

(1) Rey Mysterio beat Kane.

(2) Rosa Mendes beat Layla via DQ.

(3) Jack Swagger beat Intercontinental champion Kofi Kingston in a non-title match.

(4) Big Show beat Wade Barrett. After the match, the rest of The Corre came out and attacked Big Show. He grabbed a chair and scared them away. About five minutes later, they re-shot that piece. This time, Justin Gabriel received a chair shot to the head.

(5) World Hvt. champion Edge & Kelly Kelly beat Drew McIntyre & Vickie Guerrero in the TV main event. Vickie was "fired" as a result of her team losing. After the match, Alberto Del Rio attacked Edge.

Dark Match Main Event: World Hvt. champion Edge & Big Show beat Alberto Del Rio & The Corre (Wade Barrett & Ezekiel Jackson & WWE tag champions Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater) in a handicap match. The Corre was winning, then Undertaker's music hit and the place exploded. Undertaker walked out a few feet, then walked backstage. Big Show chokeslammed Barrett to get the win.

Yid Army
Codename 47
Joined in 2008

by Codename 47 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 am

Any ideawhy the Corre handicap match was a Dark Match? I got excited when i read that Undertaker made a brief appearance potentially hinting that Barrett is on his radar( like i said a page or so ago). That match sounds way better than the actual "TV main event"

I wonder what will happen with Cole if he does get involved in a Wrestlemania match with King. Afterwards will he stop being a heel and go back to calling the action down the middle? Will he sit back next to King like nothing happened the following night on Raw? Will this mean a return to King and JR with Cole just on Smackdown? Who will call their match at 'Mania (and the rest of the show?)

Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:27 am

More detailed results

* Teddy Long opened the show and announces that Vickie Guerrero will compete in a match tonight with her job on the line.

* Rey Mysterio defeated Kane.

* Dusty Rhodes came out and called out Cody Rhodes. Dusty talked Cody into apologizing to Rey Mysterio. Dusty and Rey shook hands until Dusty turned on Rey. Cody beat Rey down and took his mask, smashing Rey into the mirror for his entrance.

* Dusty and Code are backstage. Dusty said he would do anything for Cody.

* Rosa Mendes beat Layla by DQ when Michelle McCool, who was on commentary, attacked Rosa. More tension between LayCool.

* Jack Swagger beat Kofi Kingston with the ankle lock.

* Vickie Guerrero is trying to recruit Chavo Guerrero for some help backstage but he's not having any of it.

* Big Show beat Wade Barrett by countout. The Corre was banned from ringside. After the match, Show hit Wade and went for a chokeslam but Corre came out for the save. Show chased them off with a steel chair.

* Edge and Kelly Kelly beat Vickie Guerrero and Drew McIntyre when Kelly speared Vickie and Edge speared Drew. Teddy Long came down to celebrate with Edge and Kelly while Vickie throws a fit, even asking Booker T for help. Per the stipulation from Teddy at the show opener, it looks like Vickie has lost her job. After the match, Alberto Del Rio comes down and attacks Edge.

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:34 am

Skippy wrote:More detailed results

* Teddy Long opened the show and announces that Vickie Guerrero will compete in a match tonight with her job on the line.

* Rey Mysterio defeated Kane.

* Dusty Rhodes came out and called out Cody Rhodes. Dusty talked Cody into apologizing to Rey Mysterio. Dusty and Rey shook hands until Dusty turned on Rey. Cody beat Rey down and took his mask, smashing Rey into the mirror for his entrance.

* Dusty and Code are backstage. Dusty said he would do anything for Cody.

* Rosa Mendes beat Layla by DQ when Michelle McCool, who was on commentary, attacked Rosa. More tension between LayCool.

* Jack Swagger beat Kofi Kingston with the ankle lock.

* Vickie Guerrero is trying to recruit Chavo Guerrero for some help backstage but he's not having any of it.

* Big Show beat Wade Barrett by countout. The Corre was banned from ringside. After the match, Show hit Wade and went for a chokeslam but Corre came out for the save. Show chased them off with a steel chair.

* Edge and Kelly Kelly beat Vickie Guerrero and Drew McIntyre when Kelly speared Vickie and Edge speared Drew. Teddy Long came down to celebrate with Edge and Kelly while Vickie throws a fit, even asking Booker T for help. Per the stipulation from Teddy at the show opener, it looks like Vickie has lost her job. After the match, Alberto Del Rio comes down and attacks Edge.

Thats a lot better than what i found.

Vickie gone??? please, or as it was her job on the line are they just going to do another annoying stryline where she gets given a different job or something

Yid Army
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 am

TNA Press Release wrote:PREVIEW: THURSDAY'S iMPACT BROADCAST ON SPIKE - DON'T MISS THE FINAL MOMENTS FOR THE SHOCKING SURPRISE OF THE YEAR!

Don't forget to watch Total Nonstop Action Wrestling every Thursday night starting at 9/8c with iMPACT! If you can't watch it Thursdays, make sure to set your DVRs to record it!

THIS THURSDAY, DON'T MISS THE FINAL MOMENTS OF IMPACT FOR THE MOST SHOCKING SURPRISE OF THE YEAR - GUARANTEED!!!

Not another TNA 'surprise'...Are you going to top The Rock, TNA? Really?

Also,

CandiceMichelle.com wrote:Hello CandiAddicts

I always love posting positive things as that’s the focus in my life. However life brings about unexpected things and I feel being a public figure it’s my duty to share. On Sunday I suffered a miscarriage! I have both physically and mentally been through a lot of trauma! I have seen the Doc and there must have been a genetic defect and this angel wouldn’t have been able to survive in the outside world! It’s so difficult to say goodbye yet I know through my FAITH that there is a reason for everything! “With Faith there is no Fear!”

If anyone out there has ever gone through this you know the difficulty in this! I humbly ask for your respect in letting me keep this matter private beyond this mention! I love you guys and appreciate you respecting my family’s privacy in this matter!

“It’s not about how many times you get knocked off the horse but how GRACEFULLY you get back up!”

What a beautiful saying! The best thing for me right now is all the prayers! I have received many txts, tweets, and messages of support and I really appreciate them! They have truly uplifted me in this time of need!

Remember to be grateful for what you have!

I have decided to keep my appearance this weekend in Miami and have gotten clearance from the doc to fly! I would really enjoy seeing you CandiAddicts out there at Wizard World! I’ll be walking the red carpet sat morn and there sat and sun!

God bless you all and thank you for your love and support!

Candice Michelle

The Best of Raw is War Volume 1 & 2 (which covers late 1997 to late 1999) is currently only £9 at Silvervision: http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/ ... Discs.html

If you don't own this, I don't know what you're playing at!

Hopefully they'll get round to Volume 3 at some point, which was never released on DVD.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:38 pm

My mini Jericho spree is complete.

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:22 pm

What's the DVD set like?

Last edited by Drumstick on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Drumstick wrote:What's the DVD ste like?

Predictably awesome.

Mafro
Joined in 2008

by Mafro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:41 pm

Watched the documentary part this afternoon. Twas amazing.

Twitter
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Ooooh. If the documentary actually features Jericho talking about each stage of his career à la Bret Hart, I might just have to buy it, even though I'm planning to shed almost all of my wrestling DVDs pretty soon.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Mafro
Joined in 2008

by Mafro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:49 pm

Drumstick wrote:Ooooh. If the documentary actually features Jericho talking about each stage of his career à la Bret Hart, I might just have to buy it, even though I'm planning to shed almost all of my wrestling DVDs pretty soon.

It's exactly that.

Twitter
YouSmellOfWee
Joined in 2008

by YouSmellOfWee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:11 pm

My american football team has a wrestling social tonight. I'll put any of the good pics up when I get a chance.

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Good Jericho interview on G4. Some comments about referring to belts as Championships.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publ ... 6940.shtml

Mafro
Joined in 2008

by Mafro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Just watching some of the Jericho matches. I remember watching Vengeance 2001 live and marking out at 4am when Jericho unified the titles :wub:

Twitter
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Mafro wrote:Just watching some of the Jericho matches. I remember watching Vengeance 2001 live and marking out at 4am when Jericho unified the titles :wub:

:wub:

Image Image Image
Mafro
Joined in 2008

by Mafro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Superman Cena in the match where Jericho was fired :fp:

Twitter
Mafro
Joined in 2008

by Mafro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:14 pm

It's the documentary on the first disc + extras. Second and third disc are the matches.

Twitter
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:26 pm

WWE Elimination Chamber
Drumstick 18
Jam Master Jay 17
Balloon Sod 17
Adam Pollard 17
Iron Maiden 17
Sw26 17
Sykes 17
Mockmaster 17
Gaminglegend 17
Cattanomics 17
AJ Styles 17
DamageInc 17
Mafro 17
Skippy 16
Goose 16
Jim 16
Tomvek 16
DigDug 16
Lucien 16
ROTS 16
KKLEIN 13
Lonestar 13
Teh Bork 13
Dark Ritual 13
Pell 12
Hank Scorpio 12
Irene Demova 12
J.Vengeance 12
Miguel007 10
SimonM_89 9
Prototype 9
LightSamus 8
Dante 3
King Kaliente 3

Pell drops a few points over his rivals with his risks not paying off. He had more than enough of a lead to chance it though. Drumstick wins the PPV by managing that one point more than what seemed like everyone.

GRAPL Leaderboard leading into the final round........WRESTLEMANIA 27
Pell 129
Skippy 122
Jam Master Jay 121
Balloon Sod 118
Goose 116
ROTS 113
Jim 110
Lucien 109
Adam Pollard 107
Iron Maiden 106
Sw26 105
Sykes 105
Mockmaster 104
Hank Scorpio 103
KKLEIN 101
Drumstick 97
Lonestar 95
Tomvek 94
Gaminglegend 93
Teh Bork 91
Cattanomics 90
E-Man 89
SimonM_89 88
AJ Styles 85
Vishvanath 79
Baron Zemo 74
Irene Demova 73
Prototype 71
Barley 58
Deadpool 54
Zellery 44
Cuttooth 35
Phatman 32
Dante 30
DamageInc 25
Mafro 25
J.Vengeance 20
Dark Ritual 18
DigDug 16
Miguel007 15
Fishy 14
Ryan0rz 14
BOHero 14
ThenatureBoy 10
CuriousOyster 10
LightSamus 8
Jay Mysterio 5
King Kaliente 3
Cropolite 2

Thanks to the newcomers we now have our 50th GRAPL entrant :D So no surprises. Pell is still top but now his lead is only 7 points. given that the final round has 27 points available he still has plenty of room to throw it away. Looks like the big feud is for third place. Only the top three get prizes remember.

Last edited by Rog on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Archive”