Are You A Moderator? - The End

Our best bits.
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

PostRe: Are You A Moderator? - All Aboard!
by Fatal Exception » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 pm

Why do people care who is first "People's Mod"? Odds are the results will be the same no matter which side is in charge.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Errkal
Joined in 2011

by Errkal » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 pm

You just have to make sure that if one puts in a vote for themselves that the others have done the same, or add their vote to their score. Otherwise it becomes unfair.

Its easier to just not have voting for your self.

FatDaz
Joined in 2008

by FatDaz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 pm

Falsey wrote:Ill give my acceptance speech when Cynthia drops by with the crown.

Ahhh here we go...

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008

by Fatal Exception » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:09 pm

FatDaz wrote:
Falsey wrote:Ill give my acceptance speech when Cynthia drops by with the crown.

Ahhh here we go...

FALSY! FALSY! FALSY!

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Fatal Exception wrote:Why do people care who is first "People's Mod"? Odds are the results will be the same no matter which side is in charge.

Tonight, the victors dine in luxury. The spoils shall be shared (but I get most) and good times will be had. The first class carriage will be filled to capacity with merry making.

The not victors are of course equals and will be treated as such. But the first class carriage is full and they'll have to stay in the baggage carriage and also there is no food left so they will have to eat hay. But in an equal way.

G-Rat
Joined in 2009

by G-Rat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:09 pm

:lol:

All aboard the banta express

Anung wrote:Destroying Japan from the inside like an alcoholic Nagasaki.
Archaeon
Joined in 2012

by Archaeon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Um, you won't be picking the randoms from the ones who voted you, right Falsey?

i heard the voice of god in my head so i grabbed a rock in a fashionista way
C.Y.N.T.H.I.A
Joined in 2009

by C.Y.N.T.H.I.A » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Falsey is our first Player's Mod!

Please let me know your public banning candidates before 6pm.

Here is your First Class Cabin key, which allows you exclusive access to the People's Cabin.
The People's Cabin is the only cabin that can be locked from the inside, meaning at night you are able to lock your door and save yourself from any Moderator bannings.

Of course you have to hand the key to your successor tomorrow, and you can't run twice in a row.

I'm looking forward to banning the gooseberry fool out of you.
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Archaeon wrote:Um, you won't be picking the randoms from the ones who voted you, right Falsey?

I am a man of my word. Tonight is a night for glory.

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:14 pm

C.Y.N.T.H.I.A wrote:Image

Falsey is our first Player's Mod!

Please let me know your public banning candidates before 6pm.

Here is your First Class Cabin key, which allows you exclusive access to the People's Cabin.
The People's Cabin is the only cabin that can be locked from the inside, meaning at night you are able to lock your door and save yourself from any Moderator bannings.

Of course you have to hand the key to your successor tomorrow, and you can't run twice in a row.

Thanks Cynthia. Swing by anytime after midnight babe.

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Not that it mattered in this instance, but I don't recall people who were running having their vote counted in previous games.

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008

by Fatal Exception » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Right, first time I have had my laptop to browse on today - reading this on your phone is just a clusterfuck. Well, more of a clusterfuck.

There's a vast amount of tips and platitudes people could post to try and oust a Mod, but from my experience (as a Vampire a few games back) is that they are aware of such things and post very carefully to avoid falling in that category.

The sad thing is, we are unlikely to find a Mod for a few days at least, bar one of them messing up, like Chalky did or ComShep did. What we have to be careful of in the early game is, firstly, getting into a cycle whereby the Mayor immediately because a suspicion for the next day. On the one hand, I think it is unlikely a Mod would go for mayor so early - why risk yourself for killing a Forum Member, when we are likely to do it ourselves anyway? On the other, I suppose, it does give them plausible deniability for failing as a mayor in these early days.

But if we get ourselves in that destructive cycle, it can waste a lot of time. The first few days may seem messy and pointless, but they are crucial in the Seers/Mods getting their feet in the door. If either can get settled in a group or undetected, then it helps their side tremendously. In previous games, we have been too quick to lynch failed mayors, I feel.

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm

PsychicSykes wrote:Not that it mattered in this instance, but I don't recall people who were running having their vote counted in previous games.

Maybe they should have used their vote instead of wasting it.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Falsey wrote:
PsychicSykes wrote:Not that it mattered in this instance, but I don't recall people who were running having their vote counted in previous games.

Maybe they should have used their vote instead of wasting it.

C.Y.N.T.H.I.A
Joined in 2009

by C.Y.N.T.H.I.A » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:20 pm

This letter is also addressed to The First People's Mod and will be delivered to your cabin (PM Inbox) shortly. Please read it at your leisure.

I'm looking forward to banning the gooseberry fool out of you.
FatDaz
Joined in 2008

by FatDaz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Parksey wrote:But if we get ourselves in that destructive cycle, it can waste a lot of time. The first few days may seem messy and pointless, but they are crucial in the Seers/Mods getting their feet in the door. If either can get settled in a group or undetected, then it helps their side tremendously. In previous games, we have been too quick to lynch failed mayors, I feel.

So we all agree after we lynch falsey we ease off on failed mayors...

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:20 pm

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
G-Rat
Joined in 2009

by G-Rat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm

:o

Anyway, I feel like detective rappers should get on the case and start building up a network. The chances that you've seered the Steve are pretty slim, so let's not get bogged down with that.

Anung wrote:Destroying Japan from the inside like an alcoholic Nagasaki.
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm

FatDaz wrote:
Parksey wrote:But if we get ourselves in that destructive cycle, it can waste a lot of time. The first few days may seem messy and pointless, but they are crucial in the Seers/Mods getting their feet in the door. If either can get settled in a group or undetected, then it helps their side tremendously. In previous games, we have been too quick to lynch failed mayors, I feel.

So we all agree after we lynch falsey we ease off on failed mayors...

Failed eh?

You know something I dont?

No matter the outcome of tonights judgments, I will continue to love my peoples, and I hope they will continue to love me.

Return to “Archive”