Homeland: Series 2 (UK pace) - Begins October on Channel 4

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
KK
Joined in 2008

PostHomeland: Series 2 (UK pace) - Begins October on Channel 4
by KK » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Channel 4 - Sunday, 9pm

Channel 4 Poll - Friend or Foe?

• Friend - He's an American war hero 40.52% (2,840 votes)
  • Foe - He's been turned by the enemy 59.48% (4,169 votes)

Anyone watching this? For me it's been the most compelling drama series I've watched in years, & without doubt the best thing on terrestrial TV at the moment. Hooked since the pilot, & I'm still none the wiser as to who's on who's side; my opinion has changed continually on a weekly basis.

C4 has just aired Episode 6, but 4 episodes are still on 4OD if you need to catch up (I suggest you do - IMMEDIATELY).

(BTW, here's hoping Carrie Mathison also gets her kit off.)

Dual
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Homeland (UK pace)
by Dual » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:00 pm

I've been watching it but I don't know why. Every episode is 30 minutes of filler with a big reveal at the end to keep you tuned in. It's addictive but for the wrong reasons. I hate Carrie.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Watched it at US pace, it's one of the best new shows for ages. Definitely gets better as the season goes on.

Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

by Preezy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Aye, been watching it weekly on Channel 4, loving it so far. Brody's wife is hot and I like the Saul (Sol?) character. Some of the CIA stuff is a bit unrealistic/inaccurate, but I'm enjoying it thoroughly nonetheless.

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Though I felt it dipped a bit towards the end of the season, overall it had me gripped. Some great characters like the aforementioned Saul. And Carrie is beyond f*cked up.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Basically gone:

Brody - working for the enemy
Saul - working for the enemy
Saul's wife - working for the enemy
Carrie Mathison & Brody - in it together.

Ultimately: Haven't a clue.

Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:58 pm

Held off watching it at US pace as I was too lazy to bother. Heard plenty of good things and it's certainly living up to the hype so far.

Also, Brody's wife would get it. Hard.

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:02 am

There's a lot of dumb things like it apparently making a difference that a terrorist lives close to the airport but it's alright.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:02 am

Jam-Master Jay wrote:Also, Brody's wife would get it. Hard.

To quote that bloke on crutches in the latest episode - bend her over the sink & strawberry float her in the ass.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:38 am

KKLEIN wrote:To quote that bloke on crutches in the latest episode - bend her over the sink & strawberry float her in the ass.

That had me howling with laughter, proper :lol:

Nice to find somewhere i can talk about this at UK pace without some dick spoiling it.

Loving it too, VERY 24 which is a great think. Now we just need to find out whole the mole in CTU CIA is :lol:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Venom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:36 pm

I saw a couple of episodes on Channel 4. Got bored of the ads, so I downloaded the rest of the season. It's good. Not quite 24 level of consistent quality and excitement. But good. I am looking forward to the next series coming Aug/Sept.

Gario
Joined in 2008

by Gario » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:40 pm

I think Saul passed the razorblade to the terrorist when he held his hands and kissed him on the cheeks!

Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Venom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:49 pm

Regarding the razorblade incident:
SPOILER: DO NOT READ unless you have watched the whole series.
Comment Retracted by Venom as this is a UK pace thread

Pan
Joined in 2008

by Pan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:42 am

Hooked.

Think Brody's a friend. Wife think he's a foe. Just loving every minute.

Los Trabajadores del munda, unen!
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Cuttooth wrote:There's a lot of dumb things like it apparently making a difference that a terrorist lives close to the airport but it's alright.

Well they sure showed me! :oops:

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Yesterday's episode was the most watched yet on channel 4 which is somewhat surprising for a serialised drama like this. Nice to see more people watching quality TV though.

Damian Lewis's Homeland soared to a new high of nearly 2.6m last night (Sunday), despite facing major BBC and ITV dramas.

As the mystery surrounding Brody began to unravel in 'Crossfire', episode nine of 12, 2.15m (8.5%) watched on Channel 4 at 9pm, with a further 421k (2.3%) on +1.

Increasing over 400k week-on-week, the US show edged its previous best in March and is cementing itself as one of Channel 4's best-rated imports in recent years.

Silent Witness led the hour with 6.51m (25.8%), beating the final part of ITV1's Titanic. Julian Fellowes's lavish mini-series, which has underperformed for the network, won back a small portion of its audience with 3.52m (13.9%) and 225k (1.2%).

Only 1.46m (8.1%) stayed with ITV for one-off documentary Words of the Titanic at 10pm (+1: 101k/1.1%), while BBC News (5.15m/24.3%) and Have I Got a Bit More News For You (2.49m/15.7%) dominated proceedings for BBC One.

The Antiques Roadshow brought in a bumper audience of 7.19m (29%) at 8pm, prior to which Countryfile interested 5.76m (24.5%). Titanic with Len Goodman concluded at 6.05pm with 2.2m (11.2%).

Meanwhile, ITV's coverage of the FA Cup semi-final - which saw Chelsea beat Tottenham 5-1 in a controversial match - scored 6.04m (27.5%) between 5.30pm and 8pm.

The Big Quiz between the casts of Benidorm and The Only Way Is Essex followed with 2.37m (9.7%) and 187k (0.9%) on timeshift.

Movie Marley and Me, screened in the early evening by Channel 4, appealed to 1.49m (6.3%) and 255k (1%) on +1 - putting it ahead of Practical Magic (969k/4.5%) on Channel 5.

US fantasy show Once Upon a Time anchored Channel 5's schedule with 1.7m (6.9%) in the 8pm hour, while a Top Gear repeat on BBC Two had 1.6m (6.5%).

A This World special on last year's Norway massacre attracted 1.06m (4.2%) on Two at 9pm, then Match of the Day 2 netted 1.79m (9.4%) in its usual slot.

BBC One achieved an easy victory in primetime with 25.1%, ahead of ITV1's 16.5% (+1: 0.5%). Channel 4 claimed third place with 6.6% (+1: 1.1%), beating BBC Two (5.1%) and Channel 5, which averaged 4.8% (+1: 0.2%).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s188/homeland/news/a376664/homeland-rises-to-new-high-of-26m-for-channel-4.html

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:21 pm

I presume these extra people have been watching through 4OD or DVR'd a whole load of episodes & have now caught up so are therefore watching as it's broadcast on C4. I can't imagine it's the type of programme you'd start following 9 episodes in.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008

by Memento Mori » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:23 pm

That episode in particular would be a terrible place to start. :lol:

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Really enjoying this. How many episodes are left? I want to know but I'm dammed if I'm searching that INTERWEB in case I read any spoilers.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Eighthours
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Eighthours » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:43 pm

This happened in the US, too: viewership increased throughout the run of the show. It's a real sign of when a programme is going places and it's most unusual. The only other show I can recall doing the same thing recently is Game of Thrones, and we know how much of a phenomenon that is now.

Homeland is definitely the kind of show which will have a loyal audience if the creators can keep the quality up. I assume that the second season premiere will have the highest ratings yet. This show will survive for a number of years assuming the writing stays good.

Return to “Stuff”