All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3099, 3100, 3101, 3102, 3103, 3104, 3105 ... 3154  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:42 pm 
irishguy2008 wrote:
I love how people on here are ruling out Liverpool completely from 4th, but im not bothered, we've won the Champions League as underdogs so it'll be sweeter getting 4th when everyone is dismissing it before a ball has been kicked.

You have to admit it's unlikely, right?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:46 pm 
degoose wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:
I love how people on here are ruling out Liverpool completely from 4th, but im not bothered, we've won the Champions League as underdogs so it'll be sweeter getting 4th when everyone is dismissing it before a ball has been kicked.

well you better hope downing and henderson improve big time and you get some actual wingers.

Downing is a winger.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:47 pm 
Utd, Shitty, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are all more likely to finish in the top four than Liverpool.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:51 pm 
Quote:
Leverkusen out of Berba running
German club would only re-sign striker on free transfer

Leverkusen are among the clubs thought to be targeting the striker, with Paris St German, Borussia Dortmund and Lazio also believed to be interested.

But club chief Holzhauer says the German club will not be moving for Berbatov, citing his price tag as a stumbling block.

He told the Rheinische Post newspaper: "We are looking to find a striker, one that works well alongside Stefan Kiessling. However, the return of Berbatov is not an option for us.

"We are still on good terms with him but he would only be an option if he was available on a free transfer."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7788118/

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 pm 
Pancake wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:

Yes im not going to be predicting 4th but challenging for it? i will expect that.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:02 pm 
Zellery wrote:
degoose wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:

well you better hope downing and henderson improve big time and you get some actual wingers.

Downing is a winger.

ooh ZING

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:03 pm 
irishguy2008 wrote:
Pancake wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:

Yes im not going to be predicting 4th but challenging for it? i will expect that.

well it was expected last year as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:15 pm 
Quote:
@LFC: Make sure you tune in to a press conference from Anfield live on LFC TV from 10am on Friday morning. http://t.co/tSmc6fUi

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:28 pm 
Cuttooth wrote:
Also jam, would Chelsea really need another striker if they get Hulk?

Possibly not but Hulk isn't an out-and-out striker, obviously.

Quote:

So you think Liverpool are likely to get 4th or even will?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:37 pm 
Looks like it's Graeme Jones for the Swansea job with Garry Monk as his assistant. I really wanted Jones appointed 2 years ago before we got Rodgers in, but we're in a hugely different position now and could easily get a bigger name in. I trust our board's ability to appoint the right man however, and it sounds like they've had a lot of time to think about this as everyone at the club was certain Rodgers was going to Spurs when Harry got the England job, so they've been going through the process since March.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:04 pm 
jamcc wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:

Quote:

Too early to say, i'll know within the 1st few months of the season.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:07 pm 

AKA: Glowychebs
irishguy2008 wrote:
Pancake wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:

Fin? Is that you?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:09 pm 
irishguy2008 wrote:
jamcc wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:

Quote:

Too early to say, i'll know within the 1st few months of the season.

Good luck to King Brendan.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:11 pm 
Guess what I had waiting for me upon my return from work?

:wub:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:21 pm 
degoose wrote:
Zellery wrote:
degoose wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:

Downing is a winger.

ooh ZING

It wasn't meant to be a zinger aimed at you. :lol:

It was supposed to be a diss on Downing and the fact that you forgot he was a winger he's so gooseberry fool.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:28 pm 
glowy69 wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:
Pancake wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:

Fin? Is that you?

Not sure why this is so unlikely. 'Even' last year we were there or thereabouts until the Carling Cup final (25 games played/26 for most of the rest of the league). 6 points behind 4th on that day with a game in hand.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:31 pm 

Stig wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:
Pancake wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:

Fin? Is that you?

Not sure why this is so unlikely. 'Even' last year we were there or thereabouts until the Carling Cup final (25 games played/26 for most of the rest of the league). 6 points behind 4th on that day with a game in hand.

You realise the season ends in may? Villa were clear 3rd in feb a few years back, look what happened there.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:58 pm 
glowy69 wrote:
Stig wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:
Pancake wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:

Fin? Is that you?

You realise the season ends in may? Villa were clear 3rd in feb a few years back, look what happened there.

Obviously. I'm just saying that for a substantial part of the past ('abysmal', 'worst ever', etc) season, we DID stay in touch with 4th.

So next year, with an improvement in the playing and (hopefully) management staff, we should challenge for 4th. It's not such a stupid viewpoint is it?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:04 pm 

Stig wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
Stig wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:
Pancake wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:

Fin? Is that you?

Obviously. I'm just saying that for a substantial part of the past ('abysmal', 'worst ever', etc) season, we DID stay in touch with 4th.

So next year, with an improvement in the playing and (hopefully) management staff, we should challenge for 4th. It's not such a stupid viewpoint is it?

Yeah because city, united, chelsea, arsenal and spurs will all finish above you so realistically you should be aiming for 6th/5th at a push, your team just isnt strong enough to overhaul the other 5

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:09 pm 
glowy69 wrote:
Stig wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
Stig wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:
Pancake wrote:
irishguy2008 wrote:

Fin? Is that you?

Yeah because city, united, chelsea, arsenal and spurs will all finish above you so realistically you should be aiming for 6th/5th at a push, your team just isnt strong enough to overhaul the other 5

But that doesn't mean we can't challenge does it? Nobody thought Newcastle would do much this year, but they almost did it. The league is as competitive as ever, anything can happen.

EDIT: I don't expect us to finish 4th (as you say there are 5 better teams in the league), but I expect and hope we can be at least a lot closer next season. That was the problem with this year.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63068 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3099, 3100, 3101, 3102, 3103, 3104, 3105 ... 3154  Next