Rough towns

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Rightey
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Rough towns
by Rightey » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:17 am

Most of the people around where I live are dead.

Living next to 3 grave yards FTW. 8-)

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Argonaut
Joined in 2010

PostRough towns
by Argonaut » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:13 am

Huw wrote:My area of North Wales is gooseberry fool. I live near, Rhyl and Deeside. They suck.

I was in Rhyl last week on my hols. Bit rough but nice beaches.

Once a clown, always a cl wn.
Andrew Mills
Guides Sec.
Joined in 2008

by Andrew Mills » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:51 am

Fatal Exception wrote:
Gario wrote:Several times a week, in the streets I can see from my window, an argument escalates into a scrap. It always involves the same teenagers/twentysomethings who live round here and never venture further than the local pub.

It sounds like a stereotype but I'd put a tenner on these morons all having dropped out of school at 16 and got their girlfriends pregnant.

Some key quotes from tonight:

"I'll have ya, ya f***ing c**t"
"Ya lanky f***ing prick"
And the classic "Come on then!"

One day I'm sure I'll get bopped round the face just for walking down the road :x

It could be worse, you could be in Hull. :lol:

That's what town I thought he was referring to when I saw the thread title! :lol: :lol:

*remembers he works in Hull every day...* :fp: :cry: :cry:

Carlos
Joined in 2008
AKA: SanCarlos

by Carlos » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:03 am

Fatal Exception wrote:
Gario wrote:Several times a week, in the streets I can see from my window, an argument escalates into a scrap. It always involves the same teenagers/twentysomethings who live round here and never venture further than the local pub.

It sounds like a stereotype but I'd put a tenner on these morons all having dropped out of school at 16 and got their girlfriends pregnant.

Some key quotes from tonight:

"I'll have ya, ya f***ing c**t"
"Ya lanky f***ing prick"
And the classic "Come on then!"

One day I'm sure I'll get bopped round the face just for walking down the road :x

It could be worse, you could be in Hull. :lol:

All things considered we have it quite lucky in Sheffield. Hillsborough can get a bit rowdy on a Friday night but the police are always very quick to clamp down. The worst we've had it recently was the Wednesday vs Palace game at the end of last season when they got relegated. Most of it kicked off at the ground but there was a wall of riot cops in the middle of Hillsborough. Luckily their opponent was a very drunk and sweary old man!

The rough areas of Sheffield (Pittsmoor, Manor Top, Parson Cross) tend to be outside of the typical 'city centre' areas you find in other cities and quite self contained. I did some supply work at the school in Parson Cross once and the pupils really were dire.

bigcheez2k3
Joined in 2008

by bigcheez2k3 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:07 am

Rightey wrote:Most of the people around where I live are dead.

strawberry floated if there was ever a zombie apocalypse though.

Preezy wrote:She's the hottest thing to come out of the Ukraine since the Chernobyl fallout cloud :shifty:

I didded a youtube thing Clicky!
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:07 am

You're still in Sheffield ;)

Nah, seriously, I miss the place. The shithole areas are easily avoided like you said.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
John Matrix
Joined in 2008

by John Matrix » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:10 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/image_galleries/greenwich_kidbrooke_gallery.shtml?1

That's right next to where I live, walking through there to school and back was fun.

Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:21 am

Kidbrooke, used to go to school there, never passed through Ferrier though thank god.

Oh and Gario look on the bright side, You don't live in little London or Gipton.

Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

I dont know why, but that sounds strawberry floating incredible.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
Carlos
Joined in 2008
AKA: SanCarlos

by Carlos » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:25 am

Fatal Exception wrote:You're still in Sheffield ;)

Nah, seriously, I miss the place. The shithole areas are easily avoided like you said.

Did you move to Leeds?

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:28 am

Carlos wrote:

Did you move to Leeds?

No, Banbury :lol: I'm down on Oxfordshire. Working in the games industry means I have to go where the work is.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
OnlyShallow
Joined in 2008

by OnlyShallow » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:05 am

Pfft

I used to live here before I moved "daaahhhhn Saafffff"

August 2002: Agnes "Nessa" Mechen, 64, was strangled and buried under floorboards by Robert Kelly, 31. Kelly at his Jamieson Street flat. She she was found by police in 2007. Kelly, who killed for the loan collector's £300, was jailed for 15 years but the Crown Office want a tougher sentence

March 2003: Inder Dass, 80, was murdered in his flat in Langside Road by Duncan McTaggart, 27.

McTaggart choked him to death by stuffing a sock down his throat. He then attacked four elderly women in a week-long crime spree. Inder was found by his son and nine-year-old granddaughter. McTaggart was jailed for 11 years.

March 2004: Arthur Rawlinson, 30, and Myra Donachie, 52, were killed by Samuel Petto, 28, above. Petto stabbed Arthur in a row over drug money in an Allison Street flat. He torched the flat and caused an explosion which killed Myra and injured 10 people. Petto got 18 years for the double killing

October 2004: Friends David Gillespie, 42, Ian Mitchell, 67, and Tony Coyle, 71, were slaughtered by Edith McAlinden, 40, her son John, 20, and pal Jamie Gray, 19, after a booze party in a flat later dubbed the House of Blood. They were jailed for life in June 2005.

October 2007: Dad-of-two Henry Smart, 56, was murdered in a flat in Govanhill Street. Stephen Donnelly, 48, and John McFadden, 39, kicked and punched him and McFadden stabbed him repeatedly with a fork after a drinking session. The killers then went to a shop to get a sandwich and cigarettes as Henry lay dying. They were jailed for nine years in July.

January 2008: Brian McWilliams, 29, was stabbed to death in Riccarton Street. His mum and policeman's widow Maureen McGonigle, 48, had campaigned against knife crime for 25 years. A 20-year-old man has been charged in connection with his death.

August 2008: Scott McAusland, 38, was knifed to death outside a police station in Craigie Street on Thursday. A 55-year-old man has been arrested in connection with his death

Last edited by OnlyShallow on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Lives -> 49 MP wrote:People like you OnlyShallow are terrible banana splits. I hate you forever.
bigcheez2k3
Joined in 2008

by bigcheez2k3 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:58 am

Not too bad round here but the reason the roads were closed off yesterday was because someone was stabbed outside the local pub.

Preezy wrote:She's the hottest thing to come out of the Ukraine since the Chernobyl fallout cloud :shifty:

I didded a youtube thing Clicky!
Igor
Joined in 2008

by Igor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:40 am

bigcheez2k3 wrote:Not too bad round here but the reason the roads were closed off yesterday was because someone was stabbed outside the local pub.

I was wondering about that.

Yoshimi
Joined in 2008

by Yoshimi » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:48 am

It's depressing that it seems half the human race are uneducated, trouble making, chav scum. :(

I use a Park & Ride, which was recently built at the cost of £4.5 million. Gypos have moved in and turned it into a makeshift caravan site/landfill site. Pisses me off no end. Scum. :evil:

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:48 am

bigcheez2k3 wrote:
Rightey wrote:Most of the people around where I live are dead.

strawberry floated if there was ever a zombie apocalypse though.

They wouldn't be able to spread, not enough people around, plus he's high up in an apartment block, he's fine.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Curls
Joined in 2008

by Curls » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:23 pm

Argonaut wrote:
Huw wrote:My area of North Wales is gooseberry fool. I live near, Rhyl and Deeside. They suck.

I was in Rhyl last week on my hols. Bit rough but nice beaches.

Seriously? Last time I went to Rhyl beach I got 3 inches of glass in my foot :(

Did you go to talacre? That's Ok when there isn't any gooseberry fool poured onto it.

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:26 pm

I must admit I was stunned when I first found a pub in my town had hired a bouncer. It started a while ago now but I don't remember seeing much trouble when I used to drink a lot in town when I was younger but that was another age and things have turned nastier since then I suppose.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
emilythestrange
Joined in 2008

by emilythestrange » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:51 pm

When I was packing my stuff up from my last house, there was a guy on his bike cycling up and down the street while on his phone, loudly talking to a girl he'd slept with, who has a child, sharing all this "what if I'm the father?"/"in 20 years time you'll regret this"/etc, his mates were on their bikes too watching and listening as he shared this heated row with the entire street.

The street was of that calibre that sat in deckchairs on the pavement drinking stella, playing Cascada obnoxiously loud, yelling "ENGUURLAND!!" every morning while the football was on, and firing fireworks down the street when an England match was going to take place that day.

In fact when the fireworks were being set off, some brave soul stepped out and asked if that was really necessary. The response?
"But Engurland are bringin' it home innit?!"

I'm on a much nicer, quieter street now. Ahh, Middlesbrough.

Alex Harman
Joined in 2008

by Alex Harman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Sheffield \o/

Oh Teh Noes
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mina Murray

by Oh Teh Noes » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 pm

John Matrix wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/image_galleries/greenwich_kidbrooke_gallery.shtml?1

That's right next to where I live, walking through there to school and back was fun.

That's funny, I live right next to here:

Dr Cottle wrote:My favourite flavour of popsicle is DICK.

Return to “Stuff”