Hotmail

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

PostHotmail
by Tragic Magic » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:31 pm

So when I log in to Hotmail at the minute, it keeps asking me to update my security info. It has my old home phone number on there and when I select that I don't have this, I added a second email address and I was emailed some sort of security code which I had to enter on the next page.

Is this legit? I'm using the same bookmark I've always used for Hotmail and it all seems authentic but what with this being the internet and there being bad people around, I'm always nervous when it comes to unexpected things like this. Anyone else had this?

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hotmail
by Glowy69 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:46 pm

Yeah I had to do it on my xbox as well. Something about a second layer of security.

I've forgotten all my codes already. :fp:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:18 pm

I had to go through a whole load of mental gooseberry fool on the account I set up for Xbox live, I must have gone through about 5 different checks on different devices. It was like 360 updates but 10 times worse. Probably because I never use the Live account for anything other than Xbox/GFWL, the PoS it is.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Skarjo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:42 pm

I got that and ended up being locked out of the account for a month.

By the time it was back online I was a Gmail user.

Probably time 'luneau182' died for good anyway.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:57 pm

My aunt got hacked today, I think they just have horrendously high rates of hacking since noone used mobiles or other two factor authentication back then. So are probably trying to do something about it.

It's bloody hard to get into a Gmail account without any info, I've tried.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:05 pm

I have absolutely everything tied to my hotmail account else I'd change to gmail or something.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Nope. Open a Gmail account and access Hotmail via pop/smtp. No real world consequence, non terrible email service.

I did this with AOL about 8 years ago.

Ironically my AOL account then got hacked but I never noticed because it was always categorised as spam anyway so I forget I even have one, until the hacker changed the password and Gmail started giving me me pop3 connection errors.

Return to “Stuff”