Halo - Xbox One - 2014

Anything to do with games at all.
Shadow
Joined in 2008

PostHalo - Xbox One - 2014
by Shadow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Halo

Coming in 2014 is the new instalment in the Halo franchise. Starring Master Chief and simply titled "Halo".

Running with the strapline "You journey begins", seems like a departure in tone from the Halo games we've seen before.

Last edited by Shadow on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neo Cortex
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jamiej

PostRe: Halo - Xbox One - 2014
by Neo Cortex » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:56 pm

I swear to god Halo 4 has "The reclaimer saga begins." On the back. If this didn't turn out to be Halo 5, especially with the Cortana reference I'll be very disappointed.

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Shadow wrote:Halo

Coming in 2014 is the new instalment in the Halo franchise. Starring Master Chief and simply titled "Halo".

Running with the strapline "You journey begins", seems like a departure in tone from the Halo games we've seen before.

I loved the cinematic...beautifully executed.

I'm no HALO lore expert or anything (history, timelines etc...) but was that orbital frame from the Forerunner's? It seemed like their style from a mechanical point-of-view (if I got the right name).

Last edited by cooldawn on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
Shadow
Joined in 2008

by Shadow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Neo Cortex wrote:I swear to god Halo 4 has "The reclaimer saga begins." On the back. If this didn't turn out to be Halo 5, especially with the Cortana reference I'll be very disappointed.

I'm sure it's a sequel to Halo 4, but the dropping of the number might suggest a change in delivery.. maybe going episodic?

Neo Cortex
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jamiej

by Neo Cortex » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Shadow wrote:
Neo Cortex wrote:I swear to god Halo 4 has "The reclaimer saga begins." On the back. If this didn't turn out to be Halo 5, especially with the Cortana reference I'll be very disappointed.

I'm sure it's a sequel to Halo 4, but the dropping of the number might suggest a change in delivery.. maybe going episodic?

To be honest I always saw Halo 4 as 343 essentially doing a game around what Bungie's games did best, before taking their own unique spin on the series. I do however fear they are also spreading the universe too thin at the moment, especially considering just how much you need to acquire now to get the whole picture.

Diabolito
Joined in 2010

by Diabolito » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:06 pm

why the strawberry float is he wearing that cloak over his armour. what a numpty :lol:

Rik
Joined in 2008

by Rik » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:09 pm

60fps :wub:

Can't wait to see some real footage.

Neogaf: Riky
Shadow
Joined in 2008

by Shadow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:19 pm

Diabolito wrote:why the strawberry float is he wearing that cloak over his armour. what a numpty :lol:

Frankie just said on NeoGAF that "he is deliberately masking his appearance".

Maybe he's been a naughty boy.

That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Doesn't want to get sand in the crack in his helmet. Blates.

Diabolito
Joined in 2010

by Diabolito » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Shadow wrote:
Diabolito wrote:why the strawberry float is he wearing that cloak over his armour. what a numpty :lol:

should probably take his massive green armour off then if he wants to be incognito. especially since such a light breeze easily ruins his disguise.

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Ill buy it anyway. ..if I've got a Xbox one by then :(

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:08 pm

glowy69 wrote:Ill buy it anyway. ..if I've got a Xbox one by then :(

I won't buy one until they cut the price, even if it means I have to wait a bit longer for Halo!

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:09 pm

I can't get over the "you have to have an Internet connection" thing.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Tom1882
Joined in 2008

by Tom1882 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:09 pm

the Xbox facebook page just posted the trailer and referred to it as Halo 5.

Alvin Flummux
Joined in 2008

by Alvin Flummux » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Journey: Halo Edition

Codename 47
Joined in 2008

by Codename 47 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Diabolito wrote:
Shadow wrote:

should probably take his massive green armour off then if he wants to be incognito. especially since such a light breeze easily ruins his disguise.

:lol: :lol:

I sorta zoned out when this trailer was playing because I assumed it was something like Prince of Persia and then saw that Robot thing and I thought the design of it looked Halo-ish but i certainly didn't expect Chief to be the dude in the robe. It does seem odd that he'd wear that cloak over his armour, but it's certainly a different style and tone from what we're used to seeing from Halo trailers and stuff. I wonder why they didn't say this was Halo 5 though.

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Codename 47 wrote:I sorta zoned out when this trailer was playing because I assumed it was something like Prince of Persia and then saw that Robot thing and I thought the design of it looked Halo-ish but i certainly didn't expect Chief to be the dude in the robe. It does seem odd that he'd wear that cloak over his armour, but it's certainly a different style and tone from what we're used to seeing from Halo trailers and stuff. I wonder why they didn't say this was Halo 5 though.

Funnily enough it was the big jutting-out rocks that first made me think it might be Halo :lol:

Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Had nothing on the epic Halo 3 teaser. Did nothing for me, it just looked stupid with his potato sack cloak.

mcjihge2
Joined in 2008

by mcjihge2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Tom1882 wrote:the Xbox facebook page just posted the trailer and referred to it as Halo 5.

Isnt Halo 5 coming out on 360?

Xbox Live: GCE
Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:41 pm

I love the Halo games but that trailer did nothing for me at all.
Maybe it's because I'm pretty sure this won't be out until next Christmas and I'm sick and tired of being shown a game and then having to wait 18 bloomin months to play the sodding thing.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.

Return to “Games”