'The GRCade Games Guru Competition X'

Our best bits.
DML
Joined in 2008

PostRe: 'The GRCade Games Guru Competition X' LAUNCH NIGHT - Pag
by DML » Tue May 21, 2013 9:20 pm

An epic line up I hope you agree!

The competition sees not only the return of Dalagonash to defend his title, but all the players he defeated in last years Grand Final - Dark Ritual, StayDead and Tragic Magic!

As well as that we have Games Guru stalwart and finalist plasticcoated, surprise contender and sole survivor of #teammysterio - Frank, The Blood Edge himself Delusibeta, the third outing for Call and Answer, suprise returns for both Blackouthero and previous task winner - the devilish Diabolito. Not only that we have a returning Games Guru in Cora who has now inherited Drumstick's jolteon avatar - and also the long awaited return of Parkreiner!

On top of that an exciting bunch of newbies - determined Dan, USA based Skarjo, the bird faced Kiezer, Harman returns this time as a newbie (he actually knows hes playing this time, Emma-obsessed socialite Falsey, the 'never-afraid-to-tell-it-is' attitude of Fade and finally the introduction of Villa obsessed Glowy! #BELIEVE!

As if thats not enough, we also have the much welcomed return of Nova after four years!! If thats not piqued your interest - the inclusion of BSA has assured our first brother vs brother duel since Falcon and Mazzacre duked it out in GGGC III.

Welcome one and all!

You will see from the video that you have been split into three squadrons of seven players. These will be your teams for the duration of the contest! You will be working for AND against each other in a semi-co-operative manner to make sure you AND your team-mates have the best chance of qualifying for the latter stages...

...more to come...

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

I fear I may have made a rod for my own back with my #believe tag :lol: :fp:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Oh gooseberry fool. This is so good. Really good contestants up in here. Good luck to everyone. Let's get it on. So on!

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Tue May 21, 2013 9:24 pm

However you are going to have to 'earn your wings' before those squadrons launch, and three of you will not be part of those teams.

Thats right, before you get to work for each other, you will be competing AGAINST EVERYONE IN YOUR SQUADRON to gain a place in it. In this first task, the player who scores the lowest score in EACH squadron will be eliminated from proceedings.

Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Tue May 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Eek!

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:26 pm

:dread:

Where is everyone? Theyre all in the Xbox thread :lol:

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Tue May 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Leave them there, its for the best.

Harman
Joined in 2011

by Harman » Tue May 21, 2013 9:26 pm

Oooh, this is a bit exciting init!

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 pm

glowy69 wrote::dread:

Where is everyone? Theyre all in the Xbox thread :lol:

It was so shocking people are still coming to terms with it.

Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Xbox is pap. GGGC is the real deal.

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Also one more rule before we move on to the task. Its called 'The Staydead rule'.

This year Staydead - you are not allowed to make any mention of 'Steins:Gate' in any of your task entries. No-one knows what it is but you - and it came up time and time again last year. Failure to abide by this rule will see you eliminated from the contest. Its your crutch and I am removing it right now.

On to the main task.

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:28 pm

I actually have no idea what's going on :lol:

Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Tue May 21, 2013 9:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I still have no idea what it is.

Herdanos
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
AKA: lol don't ask

by Herdanos » Tue May 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Green squadron :datass:

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Tue May 21, 2013 9:29 pm

:lol:

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Tue May 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Its a retarded anime with time travel and gooseberry fool that he thinks is actual top tier writing.

Harman
Joined in 2011

by Harman » Tue May 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Tragic Magic wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I still have no idea what it is.

Wikipedia wrote:It is the second game in 5pb. and Nitroplus' "science adventure game" series

:lol:

Delusibeta
Joined in 2011

by Delusibeta » Tue May 21, 2013 9:30 pm

DML wrote:Also one more rule before we move on to the task. Its called 'The Staydead rule'.

This year Staydead - you are not allowed to make any mention of 'Steins:Gate' in any of your task entries. No-one knows what it is but you - and it came up time and time again last year. Failure to abide by this rule will see you eliminated from the contest. Its your crutch and I am removing it right now.

On to the main task.

I propose expanding that rule to incorporate "Chaos;Head" and "Robotics;Notes" too. You know what he's like. ;)

Oh, hi, I'm doing this thing too (although I've changed my avatar in a blatant attempt to butter up the current guru).

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Tue May 21, 2013 9:31 pm

TASK ONE - 'X AND WHY?!'

Later this year - Pokemon X and Y are going to be launching on 3DS. It is seen as the biggest evolution in the series since the first installments were launched, so it is very important that Nintendo manage to strike the right tone with their killer app. However time and time again, one criticism is always thrown at Nintendo with each generation of the Pokemon games they produce - the quality of the Pokemon themselves.

Here are just a few comments about the new games character designs from our own forum.

HM wrote:New corocoro has supposedly leaked with images of 4 new pokemon:

those designs :dread: :dread: :dread:

Alvin Flummux wrote:I like the look of that grass type Goat thing. The other three look gash though.

My task to you is simply this - see if YOU can do BETTER.

In this challenge, I want each of the contestants to DESIGN and DRAW a Pokemon for inclusion in the new Pokemon games 'Pokemon X' and 'Pokemon Y'.

You must draw your pokemon, and you can do it in any way you choose be it in pencil, in paint, in Photoshop whatever. You may includes word with your design, but those words MUST come ON the image - so do not send me words to be posted with your entry as you won't get them. If you feel the need to explain your pokemon design anyway, this needs to be included on the drawing.

The pokemon you design CAN have evolutions if you choose, but must be a completely new pokemon, and not an evolution/pre-evolution of an existing one.

After everyone has submitted their entries, your pokemon will be judged by your fellow players anonymously based on the following three criteria;

1) The quality of image and its execution
2) Its suitability to be a pokemon actually in the game 'Pokemon X and Y'
3) The ideas behind the pokemons design

The emphasis however overall will be on the idea of the pokemon rather then who has produced simply the best image.

After all entries are marked, the player in each squadron with the lowest score will be eliminated from the competition. However, for the OVERALL winner - there will be a very SPECIAL reward which will be announced in due course!

You have until Saturday at NOON to get your entries in, at which time judging will begin. Failure to submit an entry WILL see you eliminated from the competition. Please send your entries by PM and do not post them in the thread.

Good luck everyone, I very much look forward to seeing all your Pokemon designs!

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Tue May 21, 2013 9:33 pm

Piece of piss. I spent my childhood doing this gooseberry fool.

Return to “Archive”