10%
PC
30%

Total votes: 10
jawafour
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PES 2014 thread - "Messi on the pitch, messy off it"
by jawafour » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:25 pm

jawafour wrote:...It is so frustrating and some online players are already attempting the cheat at every single goal kick. I've been 'blocking' such players once the match has finished, but Konami needs to fix this very quickly.

I didn't have anyone try to exploit the 'glitch' for quite a few games, but then some twacker was trying it non-stop throughout the match. I was delighted to edge him out in a 3-2 victory; especially as he had a fairly high ranking (no doubt through repeated use of this cheat move).

So... anyone else playing the game? I'd thought that interest would have ramped up seeing as the game is now on PS Plus. I guess the game isn't too user-friendly and it does have a steep learning curve for online players - I got my butt kicked all the time for many matches. Even so, it's by far my most-played game this year.

KB
Joined in 2012

by KB » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:33 pm

I downloaded it the other night and played with my brother, it was awful. Worse than I remembered. Ronaldo was turning like Gareth Barry.

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:39 pm

KB wrote:I downloaded it the other night and played with my brother, it was awful. Worse than I remembered. Ronaldo was turning like Gareth Barry.

I wondered if some people may think that, KB. I feel that the new PES does take some getting used to; there's a big difference between the 2013 and 2014 versions and I didn't enjoy the newer game at first. But I've put quite a lot of time into it and I've got used to the gameplay. It's not easy for newcomers to just pick it up and play and so it's a bit unwelcoming. If you plug the time in it will reward you in the longer term, though.

But I can see why it may not suit everyone's taste.

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:06 pm

PES 2014 was unveiled this day last year with screens and a trailer, nothing on PES 2015 yet so far though :?

Chickenwings147
Joined in 2008

by Chickenwings147 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Still got this undownloaded from PS+

with Fifa 14 getting regular use on my PS3 HD, and going by what Jawa said, I don't think i'll have the time needed to 'unlearn' fifa and get on with PES

Sorry Castolo & Co. and the default Master League numpties :|

Schumi
Joined in 2008

by Schumi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:51 pm

NickSCFC » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:06 pm wrote:PES 2014 was unveiled this day last year with screens and a trailer, nothing on PES 2015 yet so far though :?

Wonder if they'll go next gen this year?

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Chickenwings147 wrote:...going by what Jawa said...|

I would still be a staunch advocate that the game is worth learning, CW147. It has been by far my most-played and definitely my most-enjoyed game over the past six months. I find that PES is a game that rewards you for putting the time into it. But, yeah, it does have a steep learning curve.

I'm hugely looking forward to seeing the next edition for the new gen consoles. Personally I'm not overly interested in correct team names and player likenesses; I just want slick, intuitive controls and fluid gameplay.

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:57 pm

Schumi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:51 pm wrote:
NickSCFC » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:06 pm wrote:PES 2014 was unveiled this day last year with screens and a trailer, nothing on PES 2015 yet so far though :?

Wonder if they'll go next gen this year?

Just thinking about how they started the last 2 generations...

PES came out a year after PS2 launched in NA/EU
PES 6 came out a year after Xbox 360 launched globally

I'd expect it to be on PS4/XBO this year, and I'm sure EDGE mentioned last year that they'd seen it and it was close to photorealistic.

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:17 pm

Yep, PES 2015 is appearing on the new machines; although at this time Konami has only officially confirmed the PS4 version. The game is available for pre-order from some retailers, including ShopTo.

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:18 pm

strawberry float it I'm making the thread.

Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:19 pm

I'll deffo be getting the PS4 version. Jawa - maybe we'll finally get that game!

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:21 pm

Poser wrote:I'll deffo be getting the PS4 version. Jawa - maybe we'll finally get that game!

Absolutely, Poser - it'd be good if the new version had "slightly" better match setup menus :-).

Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008

by Winckle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:29 pm

jawafour » 04 Jun 2014, 15:21 wrote:
Poser wrote:I'll deffo be getting the PS4 version. Jawa - maybe we'll finally get that game!

Absolutely, Poser - it'd be good if the new version had "slightly" better match setup menus :-).

The menus were the same in the PC version, except no mouse control, even on the player selection menus where you used a controller to emulate a mouse pointer!

We should migrate GRcade to Flarum. :toot:
Albert
Joined in 2008

by Albert » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:10 pm

The latest datapack broke my Master League Save game. (It now just sits on the loading screen)

3 Seasons (approx 100 Games) down the drain. Not a happy man. Can't face starting all over again.

Real shame as despite its issues, I was really enjoying it up to that point.

Return to “Games”