10%
PC
30%

Total votes: 10
NickSCFC

PostPES 2014 thread - "Messi on the pitch, messy off it"
by NickSCFC » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:36 am

Image Image

Working for more than four years on the new installment of the PES series, the PES Production team has revealed the whole new system behind Pro Evolution Soccer 2014. Based on Kojima Productions’ Fox Engine, the game will feature new amazing graphics to recreate the excitement and variety of a top-level football match.

PES 2014 is based on six key elements that will define the physics and the features of the game:

The Core: One of the biggest changes will be visual thanks to the new engine. Movements of the players, details of the kits, facial expression, stadiums,… everything will imitate reality. The flow of the match will also be improved with no more cut scenes after specific events. Finally, our fans will see changes concerning free kicks and penalties with more reaction from the defence and a more natural feeling.

TrueBall Tech: For the first time in a football simulation, PES 2014 will centre everything on the ball: how it moves, and how players use it. Physics of the ball, stature of the player, speed and height of the pass,… everything will be taken into account to recreate the most realistic football experience on a home system.

Motion Animation Stability System (M.A.S.S.): The players will also be an important part of the game with M.A.S.S. that will increase the realism of physical contacts between players, tackles and decisions taken on the pitch by the AI to have more open games while playing PES.

Heart: Football is all about emotions and the support of the fans will now have an influence on the performance of the team, cheering and acting as the “twelfth man”. On the pitch, the performance of an individual player, good or bad, will also have an effect on the team, giving them a moral boost if he has a moment of individual brilliance; or forcing his teammates to support him if he is not doing well.

PES ID: Introduced in PES 2013, the Player ID system recreated faithfully the movements and skills of about 50 star players. In PES 2014, that number will increase greatly and will also apply to complete squads to replicate a team’s playing style.

Team Play: With the new Combination Plan, our users will be able set up a variety of different tactics in key areas of the pitch using three or more players. These players will make very different runs to exploit holes in the defence or midfield, using the flanks, curved runs, or overlapping play to make themselves available.

Videos:

Screenshots:

Last edited by NickSCFC on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 40 times in total.
gamerforever
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PES 2014 (Fox Engine)
by gamerforever » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:35 am

Photorealism is nice, but I want a game that beats Fifa.

I want Konami to do it. :wub:

Dblock
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery

by Dblock » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:09 am

Please be good again. Im so tired of the scripted ways of Fifa.

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
PaperMacheMario
Joined in 2011
AKA: The Traitor

by PaperMacheMario » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:12 am

I really want it to be better than FIFA but it hasn't been since about 2009. Still can't see that changing this year.

HSH28 wrote:Sounds what you really need is a sense of humour.
NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 am

gamerforever wrote:Photorealism is nice, but I want a game that beats Fifa.

Well PES 2013 already does a lot of things better than FIFA, and the Fox Engine will smoothen out the transitions between animations as well as allowing them to finally add dynamic physics. Konami's player models are already way ahead of EA's, so bring on the photorealistic textures and lighting :)

gamerforever
Joined in 2010

by gamerforever » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:55 am

NickSCFC wrote:

Well PES 2013 already does a lot of things better than FIFA, and the Fox Engine will smoothen out the transitions between animations as well as allowing them to finally add dynamic physics. Konami's player models are already way ahead of EA's, so bring on the photorealistic textures and lighting :)

Sounds like something Konami would say - I will believe it when I see it. Konami haven't brought out a decent PES game since the end of last gen. That's a LONG time ago!

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Well it's more to do with what Kojima said about Fox Engine, the Ground Zeros demo had some great lighting and animation blending.

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by tomvek » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Really interested to see how the fox engine works with PES 2014 and the improvements it'll bring. Couldn't care less if it doesn't look amazing, they just need to get the gameplay right which has felt a bit off for many years now.

rudderless
Joined in 2009

by rudderless » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 pm

NickSCFC wrote:

Bang on. I prefer PES 2013 to FIFA 13, tbh. :shifty:

[iup=3595962]KB[/iup] wrote:People like Glen Whelan have a proper face!
Ginga
Joined in 2008

by Ginga » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:22 pm

rudderless wrote:Bang on. I prefer PES 2013 to FIFA 13, tbh. :shifty:

Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 pm

rudderless wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:

Bang on. I prefer PES 2013 to FIFA 13, tbh. :shifty:

Same.

Is this one being made by the new English PES studio?

YouSmellOfWee
Joined in 2008

by YouSmellOfWee » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:36 am

NickSCFC wrote:

Yeah, forget the gameplay, we want photorealistic textures.

:lol:

8raz
Joined in 2011

by 8raz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Dblock wrote:Please be good again. Im so tired of the scripted ways of Fifa.

pes is infamous for "scripting" so good luck with that.

i've played and owned every pes since it came to playstation and the latest one isn't too bad but can be clunky and unresponsive. playing online is horrendous. fifa can be horrible in bad latency but pes was even worse.

tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by tomvek » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Totally agree 8raz, PES just doesn't feel as good which is a shame as I used to love the series so much. Hopefully next gen will be better for the series.

SugarCubes
Joined in 2009

by SugarCubes » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:16 pm

PES 2014 won't use the Fox Engine:

I can not go into too much detail right now, but the extensive feature will explain how we’re using the new engine that has been built. It’s a huge article. What I can tell you, contrary to some of the things I’ve read, it is not using Fox Engine. The engine has been built by the PES Productions team specifically for PES - PES European Community Manager Adam Bhatti.

Ginga
Joined in 2008

by Ginga » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:18 pm

I wouldn't trust a word Adam Bhatti said.

Dig Dug
Joined in 2011

by Dig Dug » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 pm

8raz wrote:
Dblock wrote:Please be good again. Im so tired of the scripted ways of Fifa.

pes is infamous for "scripting" so good luck with that.

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:30 am

According to Adam Bhatti the new engine is built on the Fox Engine, but they're not calling it 'Fox Engine' :?

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:06 pm

From the EDGE thread...

HSH28 wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:So what do they have to say about PES?

Barycentre physics

Ball control radius is 3 times bigger than PES 2013 allowing for off-the-ball tussles for space. Cloth is separate from the players body allowing for shirt tugging.

Set zones of play for players.

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Realise that last one isn't particularly clear.

Its to do with setting tactics, the idea is that you can set zones on the pitch where players will do certain things.

Return to “Games”