The Crimson Clown wrote:
POLAR WHARF OVER AND OVER AND OVER
Just try and escape a homing missile on that.
It's possible. A well timed drum bomb or tactical use of the flamethrower can stop a homing missile right in it's tracks even on PW, as well as the air strikes. Speaking of which, very curious to see what new aerial revenge weapons they're adding.
I was more a purveyor of the drift left and right to try and let it glide majestically past technique. Not that it worked particularly well...
That said, a clean landing following a homing missile attack was a very special kind of victory. Also, much love for the skyscraper level. Infuriatingly great.
My brother was, and still is the master of recovering from practically any air strike/homing missile/mortar and I've lost count of the amount of exploits he managed to discover. On PW for example, once your opponents round the bound, you can simply stop and reverse back down the straight, in parallel to the other cars, and then go full speed ahead when they reach the next bend, and you'll get points for first.
Also, found some new info on game's Facebook page, added to OP:
• Battle Mode - the classic knock your opponents off the track, or out-drive them, to score points. Aggressive play is encouraged and weapons can be used to annihilate opponents. Online, local or co-op play for 1-4 players.
• Single Player Championship Mode – 24 challenges to beat split into 4 sections – Speed/Skills/Weapons and Elite Series. Beat the challenges to unlock livery, parts for your car and other game goodies.
• Customization - 4 different paint styles, 12 different colours and 18 different decals – the choice is yours! Create the ultimate ride and take it online!
• Weapons –fourteen fun and explosive ways to bring a smile to the face - Proximity Mines, Flame Thrower, Mortar, Drum Bomb, Machine Gun, Homing Missile, Shotgun, Rockets, Flash, Turbo Boost, Plasma Cannon, and Taser.
• Air Strike is back! 5 different styles – Homing Missile, Cannon, Sky Beam, Swapper and Steer Hunter - when you’re out of the game – take aim on your enemies for payback!
• Tracks – Six tracks in three distinctive locations –an abandoned iron ore mine forgotten in the desert somewhere in the Australian outback, a track formed from ice and snow in one of the most remote parts of Scandinavia, and a crumbling jungle highway fallen into disrepair and taken over by vines and foliage.
Six tracks seems like very few, although if they're aiming for quality over quantity that's fine I guess.
Four new weapons it seems. Plasma Cannon, Taser, Rockets (assuming they are actually different from the Homing Missiles) and Turbo Boost. Won't have to rely on the flame thrower as a make shift turbo anymore then.
Interested to see how all the new air strikes will work. I hope the multiplayer is flexible enough to allow for very specific match setups.
Just release it already, please?