[Wii] Xenoblade - EDGE [9] Gamestm 9 Eurogamer 9 etc

Anything to do with games at all.
Tineash
Joined in 2008

PostRe: [Wii] Xenoblade - EDGE [9] Gamestm 9 Eurogamer 9 etc
by Tineash » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:28 pm

The combination of trad (albeit very nice) JRPG aesthetics and cheeky-chirpy Brit voices makes this game feel like the strangest ever episode of Eurotrash :lol:

"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Parksey wrote:By all accounts, is this going to be a game that'll become rare in the future or be hard to find?

To be honest, I feel there's a chance that it could well be, especially if there isn't ever an American release. It may be better to pick it up sooner rather than later.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Dante
Joined in 2008
AKA: DanteCWA

by Dante » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:09 pm

dmin wrote:The starting area ain't half big! :lol:

You haven't seen anything yet :wub:

Come join the GRcade World of Warcraft guild on the EU "The Maelstrom" server
Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
Delusibeta
Joined in 2011

by Delusibeta » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:07 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Parksey wrote:By all accounts, is this going to be a game that'll become rare in the future or be hard to find?

To be honest, I feel there's a chance that it could well be, especially if there isn't ever an American release. It may be better to pick it up sooner rather than later.

Plus Nintendo tends to be very stingy with their printing quotas anyway. Good luck trying to track down a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, for example. I should investigate picking up a copy soon-ish, because there's no digital-distribution route for full Wii games.

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:18 am

Delusibeta wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:

Plus Nintendo tends to be very stingy with their printing quotas anyway. Good luck trying to track down a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, for example. I should investigate picking up a copy soon-ish, because there's no digital-distribution route for full Wii games.

Asda sell Metroid Prime Trilogy for £20 brand new.

Delusibeta
Joined in 2011

by Delusibeta » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:14 am

Lagamorph wrote:
Delusibeta wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:

I presume that's in-store, because it's not showing up on their website.

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:38 am

Delusibeta wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Delusibeta wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:

I presume that's in-store, because it's not showing up on their website.

Yep. My local store have had a copy for weeks and weeks. I keep thinking about picking it up.

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:37 am

I wouldn't even think about it Lagamorph, especially if you haven't played any of the Metroid Prime games. That is a bargain.

I've played for about 20 hours. Have to help whatsherface kill a Telethia. And the game just threw a town building sidequest at me. strawberry floating hell :wub:

Spent about an hour looking for Steel Silk. Killed a big spider dude and everything (satisfying, see as last time I ran away from it :lol: ) Can't seem to find that item.

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:45 am

I've got 3 for the Wii already and have played through the whole trilogy. Might have to pick it up for Nostalgia's sake though.....and to play through the first two with Wii controls.

finish.last
Joined in 2008

by finish.last » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:58 am

Dr Cottle wrote:

Spent about an hour looking for Steel Silk. Killed a big spider dude and everything (satisfying, see as last time I ran away from it :lol: ) Can't seem to find that item.

Me either! Seriously, does anyone know where it can be found?! It's getting right on my tit-end!

I called off his players' names as they came marching up the steps behind him....All nice guys. They'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last.
Dante
Joined in 2008

by Dante » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:03 am

Finish.Last wrote:
Dr Cottle wrote:

Me either! Seriously, does anyone know where it can be found?! It's getting right on my tit-end!

It's random, I had tons of the stuff by the time I needed it, but when I needed a monkey fossil, I couldn't find one strawberry floater anywhere.

I highly recommended looking into trading, I've managed to find a lot more drops via that then actually hunting the items on the field

Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
Mr.Jeff
Joined in 2008

Postobvious answer is obvious
by Mr.Jeff » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:12 am

Check your collectopaedias? It says Steel Silk is a blue orb drop in the Tephra Caves.

Edit: Monkey Fossil is a strawberry floater to find. However, in the Nopon town, there's a handy person on the ground floor who gives you one when you trade her something really expensive.

Dante
Joined in 2008

PostRe: obvious answer is obvious
by Dante » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:24 am

Mr.Jeff wrote:Check your collectopaedias? It says Steel Silk is a blue orb drop in the Tephra Caves.

Edit: Monkey Fossil is a strawberry floater to find. However, in the Nopon town, there's a handy person on the ground floor who gives you one when you trade her something really expensive.

Trade seems random too, I got one from a guy who would only ever stand near the shop in Nopon town.

Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
NBK
Joined in 2008

by NBK » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:54 pm

How do the time restricted quests work? (the ones with the little clocks beside them)

I've picked up quite a few from the Colony 6 refuges and a couple of them involve killing monsters that I'm sure are some of the level 70+ bastards that you see wandering around. I'm only level 20 so there's no way in hell that I'd managed to complete it. I'm guessing you need to complete them before a certain point in the story makes an area inaccessible or character redundant but would rather complete them than wander on and find out that I'm too late.

Any tips?

Dante
Joined in 2008

by Dante » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:02 am

NBK wrote:How do the time restricted quests work? (the ones with the little clocks beside them)

I've picked up quite a few from the Colony 6 refuges and a couple of them involve killing monsters that I'm sure are some of the level 70+ bastards that you see wandering around. I'm only level 20 so there's no way in hell that I'd managed to complete it. I'm guessing you need to complete them before a certain point in the story makes an area inaccessible or character redundant but would rather complete them than wander on and find out that I'm too late.

Any tips?

They are available up to a certain part in the story, then they go bye bye forever. The game tells you however when you'll cancel any time senstitive missions

And none of the quests require you fighting enemies higher then maybe 2 or 3 levels in the Leg area. As well, you're possibly looking at the wrong enemy, try changing between the time of day if too high level enemies are there

Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
NBK
Joined in 2008

by NBK » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:17 am

Dante wrote:
NBK wrote:How do the time restricted quests work? (the ones with the little clocks beside them)

Any tips?

They are available up to a certain part in the story, then they go bye bye forever. The game tells you however when you'll cancel any time senstitive missions

And none of the quests require you fighting enemies higher then maybe 2 or 3 levels in the Leg area. As well, you're possibly looking at the wrong enemy, try changing between the time of day if too high level enemies are there

Cool, thanks for that, I'll have another look. I'd already ran into a giant turtle thing and some sort of giant troll/beast whatsit (Territorial ?????). That's good to know though, thanks.

Dante
Joined in 2008

by Dante » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:31 am

Gfoddamn Orlugas and their damn grass skirt drops! This quest is driving me insane

Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
dmin
Joined in 2010

by dmin » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:51 am

9hrs in and Fiora has bit the biscuit. :cry: Just about to leave Colony 9 but theres a few subquests yet to do. Also just found the affinity chart is useful if you're returning to characters for quests, tells ya the time of day and where they are which is handy! Starting to get the hang of everything now but still a little unsure over the gem crafting.

I've a feeling this is gonna take me more than 60hrs to complete! :lol:

Gideon
Joined in 2010
AKA: Stormcaller

by Gideon » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:17 pm

I've just broke the 60 hour mark and I'm certain I'm nowhere near the end. I've been ding every single quest I find though.

finish.last
Joined in 2008

by finish.last » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:43 pm

I've abandoned this a little to play Deus Ex.

:shifty:

This is better.

I called off his players' names as they came marching up the steps behind him....All nice guys. They'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last.

Return to “Games”