Animal Well | NSW, PS5, PC, SD | "This is really something special", whispers Winckle

Anything to do with games at all.
Fisher
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Animal Well | NSW, PS5, PC, SD | "This is really something special", whispers Winckle
by Fisher » Wed May 15, 2024 1:36 pm

jawa are you playing this.

jawa_
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Animal Well | NSW, PS5, PC, SD | "This is really something special", whispers Winckle
by jawa_ » Wed May 15, 2024 1:53 pm

Fisher wrote:jawa are you playing this.

I'm not yet, Fisher - it does look really good and I'd like to give it a go some time, but I have just bought another game for my Switch instead. Do you think you might get Animal Well, dude?

Johnny Ryall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig

by Johnny Ryall » Wed May 15, 2024 3:00 pm

Hit the credits on this, quite good not sure I'd rate 10/10 though!

I guess I might if something revelatory happens in the post game but I also don't know if I can be bothered aimlessly wandering about looking for eggs. Very good though and everyone should give it a go

deathofcows
Joined in 2009

by deathofcows » Thu May 16, 2024 2:06 am

I've been enjoying the post-game.

Am on 56 eggs and 11 items.

As you carry on pulling at threads and following your completionist itches the eggs sort of happen by themselves.

(some of the secrets have been rewardingly tricky/obscure but fair though!)

I'm also not Quite sure at some of the mega comparisons like Outer Wilds and so on, unless stuff Really opens up it surprises me further. But still a satisfying stream of newness which is cool

Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008

by Winckle » Thu May 16, 2024 10:36 am

Fez is a much better comparison than Outer Wilds.

Both Fez and Animal Well are platformers that turn into Myst when you scratch beneath the surface.

We should migrate GRcade to Flarum. :toot:
Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Thu May 16, 2024 12:25 pm

Yeah I've played an hour and a half so far and it's giving me real Fez vibes. I'm enjoying it. Don't think I've been hit with a "wow, this is incredible" moment yet but it's definitely interesting and clever

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Thu May 16, 2024 12:29 pm

I got the third flame this morning. Which was the one with the ghost dog.

Bit lost as to where I need to go next, but that's half the fun. I have spotted some ice/glass blocks that have candles that are either lit or not, so i assume that means i need to go and light the missing ones to progress there.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Johnny Ryall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig

by Johnny Ryall » Thu May 16, 2024 3:33 pm

I've seen it called a dog but I swear it looked like a cat.

Fisher
Joined in 2018

by Fisher » Thu May 16, 2024 6:42 pm

jawa_ wrote:
Fisher wrote:jawa are you playing this.

I'm not yet, Fisher - it does look really good and I'd like to give it a go some time, but I have just bought another game for my Switch instead. Do you think you might get Animal Well, dude?

i may get it this year.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Mon May 20, 2024 1:04 pm

Saw the credits on this last night and had a little go at some post game searching. Seems to be a fair bit of stuff to do with no real indication of what it is (which I like).

Eg the Cats in cages. I noticed that when you activate the whistle, you can put a code in. I found a code hidden on a nearby structure and put that in, which let one of the cats out. no idea what that will do, but as there's a load of mouse statues about, maybe the cats will go to those or something.

Missing one final match and candle, plus I seem to have room for a couple more items.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Fisher
Joined in 2018

by Fisher » Tue May 21, 2024 3:42 pm

jawa there is a sale its £18.89 and it ends 23 may this week.

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Thu May 23, 2024 5:01 pm

Played this for the first time in a few days and I'm worried that I've lost interest :( Not sure where I'm going now, which isn't helping. I want to see it through but I feel like if I take a break I'm never going to get back into it.

OldSoulCyborg
Joined in 2010

by OldSoulCyborg » Thu May 23, 2024 6:08 pm

Zilnad wrote:Played this for the first time in a few days and I'm worried that I've lost interest :( Not sure where I'm going now, which isn't helping. I want to see it through but I feel like if I take a break I'm never going to get back into it.

What's your progress so far?

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Thu May 23, 2024 7:33 pm

OldSoulCyborg wrote:
Zilnad wrote:Played this for the first time in a few days and I'm worried that I've lost interest :( Not sure where I'm going now, which isn't helping. I want to see it through but I feel like if I take a break I'm never going to get back into it.

3 flames and seemingly 2 empty inventory slots. I have slinky, yo-yo, frisbee, bubbles, flute

OldSoulCyborg
Joined in 2010

by OldSoulCyborg » Thu May 23, 2024 9:27 pm

Zilnad wrote:
OldSoulCyborg wrote:

3 flames and seemingly 2 empty inventory slots. I have slinky, yo-yo, frisbee, bubbles, flute

Well, get that last flame and you'll have a clear idea where to go next. Which one are you missing? Do you want hints?

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Fri May 24, 2024 4:12 am

OldSoulCyborg wrote:
Zilnad wrote:
OldSoulCyborg wrote:

Well, get that last flame and you'll have a clear idea where to go next. Which one are you missing? Do you want hints?

I'm after the one in the lower left. I'll see what I can find today and let you know if I'm still stuck :D

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Sat May 25, 2024 11:59 am

Saw the credits this morning and found a couple of interesting endgame items. Had a little look around and found one of two more eggs but I think I might be done with it now.

I had pretty much the same experience with this as I did with Fez. Very much enjoyed it overall but I didn't click with it to the extent I felt everyone else did.

I feel like the secrets after the credits are what a lot of people are excited about and I'm sure they're very clever but I'm not really interested in puzzling them out myself.

I'll be moving on to something else.

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Sat May 25, 2024 12:05 pm

I also really hated the map in this. I just found it really difficult to read.

Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

by Jenuall » Mon May 27, 2024 8:07 pm

Only just started this, but it's something a bit special isn't it? :wub:

Return to “Games”