SEGA announces Binary Domain

Anything to do with games at all.
Fade
Joined in 2011

PostRe: SEGA announces Binary Domain
by Fade » Thu May 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Anung wrote:WAAAAT. The boss battles were fantastic and some of the best in recent memory.

You must be playing on easy. Unavoidable homing missiles does not = best boss battle in recent memory.

Compared to the boss battles in Vanquish, they're really really ass. At least you could dodge gooseberry fool in that game. And you didn't get made to stumble around every 5 seconds.

That was such an amazing game :wub:

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Thu May 10, 2012 11:32 pm

This game would be great if you could actually issue proper commands. And it didn't have a bunch of 'survive 5 minutes' segments. I'm serious though, how are you meant to dodge the homing missiles? I take cover, and move around and they still hit me.

Banjo
Joined in 2008

by Banjo » Fri May 11, 2012 9:11 am

Try using the dodge roll with correct timing? Tends to work in most games.

_wheredoigonow_
Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Fri May 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Well thank god the game taught me I could dodge missile blasts with a roll :roll:
Stupid game...

Once you kind of learn this game it's pretty good. And I love Cain.
Just did the Motorway boss :o :wub:

Bertie
Joined in 2011

by Bertie » Fri May 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Yet to start this! Given the comments, do I need to just go back to vanquish, one of my favourite games of last year. Repetitive, but blooming brilliant!

When I do start this..... Roll!

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Fri May 11, 2012 7:45 pm

When you fight the giant cannon robots you apparently roll to dodge the rockets, the game doesn't tell you you can do this anywhere. Also, when you fight this ape like robot. It smashes through a wall. But there's a couple of pillars in the middle of the room that it can't smash through. Which I didn't realise because, you know, it smashed through a wall I was hiding behind. But anyways. if you don't keep circling around the pillar it's strawberry float you up because it's faster than you are. Just a tip.

Nah this is definitely worth playing. The story is really cool. And blowing bits off of robots never gets old.

Jax
Joined in 2008

by Jax » Sat May 12, 2012 8:39 pm

You needed the game to tell you to roll?

This is why those shitty tutorial sections exist at the start of some games. The ones that won't let you do anything else except what it just told you to do.

Bertie
Joined in 2011

by Bertie » Sat May 12, 2012 9:43 pm

I've played a bit of this today and I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about?!

It's starts badly with an horrendous opening level (swimming) that doesn't really reflect the game. You then shoot a few enemies for a bit, get stuck in a cut scene of 1 of 2 varieties and continue, It just doesn't flow. The bosses are ok in principal, but they tend to depend on having a certain weapon and ammo, the method they use to lengthen the fight is to limit ammo and throw in random obstructions (Flying boss in chapter 2 with the smaller units attacking you.

The AI is nothing special. I'm struggling to see any positives really, maybe the negatives, as prominent as they are, are distracting me? It's certainly no vanquish!

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostSEGA announces Binary Domain
by Buffalo » Sat May 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Why do people keep comparing this to Vanquish? It's nowt like it, and it's not supposed to be, is it?

Banjo
Joined in 2008

by Banjo » Sat May 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Japanese-developed, Western-style third person shooter. It's uncommon enough that any examples will be compared, regardless of how (dis)similar they may be.

_wheredoigonow_
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostSEGA announces Binary Domain
by Buffalo » Sat May 12, 2012 9:52 pm

That's cleared that up.

Bertie
Joined in 2011

by Bertie » Sat May 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Feels like a mix between mass effect and vanquish to me. It's sega, similar art and style, shoddy voice acting, big robots, shall I continue?!

Banjo
Joined in 2008

by Banjo » Sat May 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Bertie wrote:shoddy voice acting

Confirmed for fool.

_wheredoigonow_
Bertie
Joined in 2011

by Bertie » Sat May 12, 2012 10:16 pm

Riiiiiight...... The french dude, mixing English and French?!

The 'holla if your dead'!

I'll take my opinion elsewhere then? :roll:

Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

by Tafdolphin » Sat May 12, 2012 10:27 pm

The voice acting is pretty crap towards the start. Gets much better later on.

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
EXOGATE Initiative: Early Access Summer 2021
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Sun May 13, 2012 1:43 am

Jax wrote:You needed the game to tell you to roll?

This is why those shitty tutorial sections exist at the start of some games. The ones that won't let you do anything else except what it just told you to do.

No I know how to roll. I didn't know rolls could avoid missile homing missiles.

Bertie wrote:I've played a bit of this today and I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about?!

It's starts badly with an horrendous opening level (swimming) that doesn't really reflect the game. You then shoot a few enemies for a bit, get stuck in a cut scene of 1 of 2 varieties and continue, It just doesn't flow. The bosses are ok in principal, but they tend to depend on having a certain weapon and ammo, the method they use to lengthen the fight is to limit ammo and throw in random obstructions (Flying boss in chapter 2 with the smaller units attacking you.

The AI is nothing special. I'm struggling to see any positives really, maybe the negatives, as prominent as they are, are distracting me? It's certainly no vanquish!

That boss is strawberry floating awful. Just. Eugh... the missiles, the enemies. It does everything it can to stop you trying to shoot at the boss. Bits with infinitely respawning enemies in this game suck ass. Apart from the zombie robots, that bit was strawberry floating awesome.

Stick with it though. The bosses get REALLY awesome later on and a lot lot better. Lots more one on one (well 3) encounters.

Bertie wrote:Riiiiiight...... The french dude, mixing English and French?!

The 'holla if your dead'!

I'll take my opinion elsewhere then? :roll:

That's not bad voice acting that's bad writing.
The voice acting is pretty good.
The British accents are okay (if you listen you can hear them breaking in a few places)
The chinese girl sounds hispanic
French guy sounds pretty good.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Amada feeling up the supercomputer :lol:

YouSmellOfWee
Joined in 2008

by YouSmellOfWee » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:07 am

GET THE LEAD OUT!

:slol:

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:48 pm

So I got this. And erm, it's a bit like gears lite isn't it? Does it get more entertaining? I've just done the waterside bit. Cut scenes are quality though

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Okay

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Return to “Games”