Survivor Sunday

Anything to do with games at all.
Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008
AKA: Memento Mori

PostRe: Survivor Sunday, The wandering Pete
by Captain Kinopio » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:19 pm

If one or more of these have been balanced incorrectly, what can they do? I can't imagine Naughty Dog wanting to make worse any perk because it fucked-up the balance and have paid for them as DLC. Seriously, this game is low paced and tactical, it's a key differentiator from other multiplayer games.

Slow paced is just one of the tactical approaches, just as often it can be about quickly out manoeuvring your opponent or simply rushing them down.

Someone with a level 3 Agility could potentially cause havoc since everyone assumes we all move at the same pace. That in itself creates the slow tense atmosphere.

Again, slow paced just one way to play the game and not always the most entertaining or successful. I don't assume everyone moves at the same pace at all, some dash in short bursts, some never do anything but creep, some (you) just camp with the sniper rifle. Being able to hop over walls and the like quieter and quicker just advantages one style of play which is what all the perks do.

Someone with a level 3 Scavenger can obtain more ammo and parts. I like to save parts to create munitions and stockpile them because I never know when my next set of parts will come around. I'll use my molotov/nail bomb at key moments which essentially means I use bullets as much as possible. But then, I try and temper my use with dead-shot aiming i.e. not a wasted bullet. This perk means I can still use that play style but what's the point when level 3 Scavengers can get ammo/munitions in bulk and just troll everyone else.

Err...because you can use other perks while playing like that whereas they won't be able to.

Bomb Expert...this is one of the worst. You have to have skill to set-off a smoke bomb and having made enough time to get to him before the effect wears off but not to quick to get caught up in your own smoke. Skill...completely dead in the water.

Getting hit by your own smoke is strawberry floating annoying not a skill you have to adapt to because it's incredibly difficult to consistently judge the range of the smoke. Really can't see this upping the amount of smoke/shiv executions by any great extent.

Some reasons why this could potentially change the core gameplay dynamics for the worst.

Some reasons why your talking nonsense.

Time for adventure
chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:41 pm

Get online Herbi.

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:02 pm

He'll have a hard time, I think PSN is down. Says here when I log in.

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:03 pm

I'm done. Not only did it cut off again, my console strawberry floating froze at the same time.

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008

by Captain Kinopio » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm at home so no PS3 until at least Sunday evening.

Could use a few games to take out some frustration.

What is just over a two hour journey in a car took me the best part of seven hours on trains. I strawberry floating despise train companies in the UK.

Time for adventure
Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:48 pm

I don't drive so I have no choice. But trains are often faster than a car for where I have to travel to.

Must have got unlucky with delays etc.

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008

by Captain Kinopio » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:00 pm

I was only delayed by about 10 minutes.

The trains where I lived are just gooseberry fool coupled with it being Good Friday so apparently nobody could be arsed to put on a train service.

Time for adventure
Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Problem is, they can do whatever the strawberry float they like because you've got no alternative 90% of the time.

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008

by Captain Kinopio » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:28 pm

Which is part of the reason I strawberry floating despise them.

Time for adventure
Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:32 am

I like the trains and they work rather well here :shifty: .

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:04 am

We had two really good games at the end there, Pete, initial frustrations aside.

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Survivor Sunday used to be so nice, it used to be so goo
by Peter Crisp » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:51 pm

Anyone about tonight?

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:02 pm

I can be. Nobody else is about so my router SHOULD behave *touch wood*

I think it'd usually fine (apart from the odd disconnect) unless someone else is doing something as well. Then it goes insane

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:31 pm

What's the best time for you?

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:47 pm

9ish maybe? Still need to do food.

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Won't be around tonight. Have dancing class :fp:

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:01 pm

chalkitdown » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:51 pm wrote:Won't be around tonight. Have dancing class :fp:

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:05 pm

More like...

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:27 pm

:lol:

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Herbi » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:19 pm wrote:
If one or more of these have been balanced incorrectly, what can they do? I can't imagine Naughty Dog wanting to make worse any perk because it fucked-up the balance and have paid for them as DLC. Seriously, this game is low paced and tactical, it's a key differentiator from other multiplayer games.

Slow paced is just one of the tactical approaches, just as often it can be about quickly out manoeuvring your opponent or simply rushing them down.

Someone with a level 3 Agility could potentially cause havoc since everyone assumes we all move at the same pace. That in itself creates the slow tense atmosphere.

Again, slow paced just one way to play the game and not always the most entertaining or successful. I don't assume everyone moves at the same pace at all, some dash in short bursts, some never do anything but creep, some (you) just camp with the sniper rifle. Being able to hop over walls and the like quieter and quicker just advantages one style of play which is what all the perks do.

It's not about crouching vs. sprinting within the rules of the game-world. It is about increasing the ability to navigate the environment by 20%...or whatever it amounts too. That's what this perk does.

Someone with a level 3 Scavenger can obtain more ammo and parts. I like to save parts to create munitions and stockpile them because I never know when my next set of parts will come around. I'll use my molotov/nail bomb at key moments which essentially means I use bullets as much as possible. But then, I try and temper my use with dead-shot aiming i.e. not a wasted bullet. This perk means I can still use that play style but what's the point when level 3 Scavengers can get ammo/munitions in bulk and just troll everyone else.

Err...because you can use other perks while playing like that whereas they won't be able to.

The point is, what's the point? Someone with a wealth of ammo will, most probably, leave a battlefield, right? Now, as it stands, people have to be vigilant. Those that pay not to be vigilant have the upper hand.

Bomb Expert...this is one of the worst. You have to have skill to set-off a smoke bomb and having made enough time to get to him before the effect wears off but not to quick to get caught up in your own smoke. Skill...completely dead in the water.

Getting hit by your own smoke is strawberry floating annoying not a skill you have to adapt to because it's incredibly difficult to consistently judge the range of the smoke. Really can't see this upping the amount of smoke/shiv executions by any great extent.

I appreciate someone who has managed shivved me with precision and laugh at those who completely strawberry floated it up and give me a 1up on a plate. Like I said smoke bombs backfire and it's good that they do because now they could be spammed.

Some reasons why this could potentially change the core gameplay dynamics for the worst.

Some reasons why your talking nonsense.

It's an opinion or, because you disagree, should I feel your talking nonsense?

At the end of the day if they find these unbalance the game they can't change jack because people paid for what people paid for that unbalances the game. They'd want to carry on using them as is.

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver

Return to “Games”