PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4

Our best bits.
Wedgie
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4
by Wedgie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:16 pm

Horror returns to the Vita!

Silent Hill: Origins and Shattered Memories Coming to PSN for Vita

PSP scarefests Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories are getting a digital release on PlayStation Vita, publisher Konami has announced.

An exact date for the pair has yet to be revealed, but they'll cost £7.99 apiece.

Hmm. Sounds like PSP games being put up on the PSN Store rather than Vita ports. Would be keen to pick them up nevertheless!

The Walking Dead: Season Two headed to Vita next week

Telltale Games' The Walking Dead: Season Two will finally launch for PlayStation Vita next week.

The game's first and second episodes will arrive at the same time, bringing Vita owners up to date with those playing on PC and console.

Both episodes launch next Wednesday, April 23rd, the EU PlayStation blog revealed, and in North America a day before.

Each costs £3.99/€4.99 or you can nab the whole lot in one go with the game's Season Pass, which offers a 20 per cent discount over buying every episode separately.

Season Two picks up shortly after the end of Season One...

Shall pick up the season pass for this despite having it for the PS3. :lol: :fp:

No news for the Wolf Among Us yet.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Hope season 2 of the TWD is a bit more stable than season 1 is on Vita. It's playable but isn't great.

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:29 pm

On a second thought, I'll probably hold off until the christmas sale. The first season for the vita did get a massive discount.

A lot of people seem to complain that the Vita version is a stuttering mess. I must have been the only one who had a good digital copy as the stuttering isn't really that bad as people said.

I must be very lucky. :datass:

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Fuzzy Dunlop
Joined in 2008

by Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:34 pm

I thought most versions were similar in terms of the stuttering?

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Vita version has like second long freezes between transitions. Other versions don't have that.

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:34 pm wrote:I thought most versions were similar in terms of the stuttering?

Yeah, that's probably why I didn't notice anything pretty much worse in the Vita version, when compared to the PS3 version. The PC version doesn't have any stuttering, so I've been told.

Fuzzy Dunlop
Joined in 2008

by Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Meh, I'll be honest the stuttering was slightly annoying at times but that didn't stop me from really enjoying the game.

Hopefully this second season will be a bit more stable now Telltale have had more time to work with the Vita.

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Yeah, Vita pauses were slightly more pronounced, but I didn't mind as it wasn't my first time with the game.

Will def be getting the season pass to this and Wolf. Will probably double dip with PS3 versions. Once they're on sale. :mrgreen:

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Virtua tennis 4 is great fun, but it's so frustrating at times. I feel like it's one of those games that would benefit hugely from 3D.

Sometimes I swear I'm in the perfect spot to hit the ball back and my guy just blasts it into the clouds.

LSC
Joined in 2013

by LSC » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:42 pm

I would agree that the stuttering on TWD didn't take away from my enjoyment of the game. That said it was a sloppy port and got really messy at times with the stuttering. Had I paid much more than £5 odd for it I would probably have been annoyed.

Also the Olli Olli soundtrack is class.

Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:28 pm

Got Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for £5.39 in HMV :mrgreen:

Even though I already have it on 360...

GrinWithoutaKat
Joined in 2009

by GrinWithoutaKat » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:02 pm

Looks like Tales of Hearts R is getting a US release. Hopefully we get it over here too!

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:54 pm

GrinWithoutaKat » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:02 pm wrote:Looks like Tales of Hearts R is getting a US release. Hopefully we get it over here too!

If it doesn't, Vita is region free at least.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
BAKA
Joined in 2008

by BAKA » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:08 pm

GrinWithoutaKat » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:02 pm wrote:Looks like Tales of Hearts R is getting a US release. Hopefully we get it over here too!

Well the announcement video features PEGI logos, so it seems a safe bet.

Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:17 am

I'm a bit disappointed with how the Metal Gear HD collection looks on Vita =/ Apparently it's not native res, you can definitely tell...

Last edited by Jazzem on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:49 pm

What do I have to do to fully wipe my Vita and memory cards?

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Won't a system restore wipe everything?

Just go in settings and select format.

Jazzem
Joined in 2008

by Jazzem » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:19 am

So...according to NeoGAF, previously non-functional digital PSP games on Vita are now working...which pleasingly includes Rock Band Unplugged :mrgreen:

Think it's also the case for PS1 games as well, as bizarrely none of the Crash or Spyro games from the US store worked until now.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:47 am

Jazzem » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:19 am wrote:So...according to NeoGAF, previously non-functional digital PSP games on Vita are now working...which pleasingly includes Rock Band Unplugged :mrgreen:

Think it's also the case for PS1 games as well, as bizarrely none of the Crash or Spyro games from the US store worked until now.

I don't understand the ZOMFG for this, I've had all the crash games from plus and I could swear they worked already.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
GrinWithoutaKat
Joined in 2009

by GrinWithoutaKat » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:04 am

It sounds like a lot of US stuff didn't work, but it did over here. I've played Crash and Spyro on my Vita months ago. I've not actually come across anything that didn't already work.

Would be nice to get a big PSOne/PSP sale now.

Return to “Archive”