Fed up talking videogames? Why?
jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostDefiance
by jamcc » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Anyone watched this?

My friend made me watch the pilot. It's unbelievably gooseberry fool. :lol:

In fact, I'm watching it now. I just couldn't wait to make this topic. The CGI is just :fp:.

Edit - I couldn't stop laughing at how bad the battle at the end of the episode looked. So strawberry floating bad. :lol:

Gandalf
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Defiance
by Gandalf » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:38 pm

It was OK.

I think it'll be based around the relationships between humans and aliens. A bit grounded like Walking Dead ( human suffering v aliens/ human suffering v zombies), but yes the CGI was cringeworthy!

I'll concentrate on a 'story' if one develops?

C- Must do better.

Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:41 am

jamcc wrote:Anyone watched this?

In fact, I'm watching it now. I just couldn't wait to make this topic. The CGI is just :fp:.

Edit - I couldn't stop laughing at how bad the battle at the end of the episode looked. So strawberry floating bad. :lol:

Have you never watched a SyFy show before? :lol:

This was actually pretty decent by their standards.

Mogster
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Mogster » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:27 pm

The Crimson Clown wrote:

Never seen BSG I take it? ;)

I thought the Defiance pilot was alright, but everything about it see-sawed in quality quite a bit. Some of the CGI was pretty good for instance, while some was really bad. The same goes for the cast.

I do think it has potential, and the cross-media stuff could be cool assuming there's more like the opening episode missions and less of the pursuits.

I'm Let's Playing my way through the Tomb Raider series: https://www.youtube.com/c/JevanMoss
Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Mogster wrote:
The Crimson Clown wrote:

Never seen BSG I take it? ;)

I thought the Defiance pilot was alright, but everything about it see-sawed in quality quite a bit. Some of the CGI was pretty good for instance, while some was really bad. The same goes for the cast.

I do think it has potential, and the cross-media stuff could be cool assuming there's more like the opening episode missions and less of the pursuits.

I'd almost not count BSG as SyFy because it's so radically better than anything else they've ever made. I feel like it's doing the show a great disservice to even associate with the channel. :lol:

Yeah, it went from decent to alright to poor pretty regularly throughout, I think I'll check out the next episode or two before deciding whether to stick with it. So starved for good sci-fi since Fringe ended. :(

Gandalf
Joined in 2008

by Gandalf » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm keeping an open mind.....

Nibble
Joined in 2008

by Nibble » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Metro said Jaime Murray bares her breasts. How bad can it be?

Gandalf
Joined in 2008

by Gandalf » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:20 am

Second episode wasn't too bad. :P

Mogster
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Mogster » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 pm

I thought it was awful. :shifty:

It was just really dull. So far I actually think the game has a better plot, and that's hardly the game's strongest point.

I'm Let's Playing my way through the Tomb Raider series: https://www.youtube.com/c/JevanMoss
Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:39 pm

I am with you Mogster (on the tv series). I seem to be watching it now just to see how bad it gets before it's cancelled.

Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

I dont know why, but that sounds strawberry floating incredible.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

by Preezy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:12 pm

Hasn't this had the highest ratings on SyFy since Eureka like 7 years ago?

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Preezy wrote:Hasn't this had the highest ratings on SyFy since Eureka like 7 years ago?

and it's rumoured that it's been renewed for a 2nd season already.

Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Wow, so 4 people watched it then.

Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

I dont know why, but that sounds strawberry floating incredible.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by jamcc » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:33 am

The second episode was actually a lot better. I think the opener was way too ambitious for their budget.

Only really bugging aspect is that it's do obvious that that white haired banana split should be locked up or expelled and cannot be trusted but I guess that'd ruin the show.

systematic
Joined in 2010

by systematic » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:43 pm

jamcc wrote:The second episode was actually a lot better. I think the opener was way too ambitious for their budget.

They should have spent more of the $100 million budget on the show instead of the game. According to Forbes the budget for the game is around $80 million and the entire first season of the TV show is just over $20 million :fp:

Mogster
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Mogster » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 am

Ah, that makes sense then. I was under the impression that the show alone had a $100 million budget, so was a bit taken aback by the low budget feel.

Gandalf
Joined in 2008

by Gandalf » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Again, not a bad episode. The FX are still ropey, those Hell Bugs looked awful?! :fp: Still, at least they were like in the game.

Mogster
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Mogster » Wed May 01, 2013 8:00 am

Yeah that was much better than last week. Still nothing special though, and yeah the CGI was atrocious. The hellbugs never looked like they were actually there, and they cut away whenever one was killed to avoid showing them pop.

Still, it's led to a new type of hellbug showing up in game that's a lot of fun to fight.

Gandalf
Joined in 2008

by Gandalf » Wed May 01, 2013 8:58 am

Mogster wrote:Yeah that was much better than last week. Still nothing special though, and yeah the CGI was atrocious. The hellbugs never looked like they were actually there, and they cut away whenever one was killed to avoid showing them pop.

Still, it's led to a new type of hellbug showing up in game that's a lot of fun to fight.

Really? :o

Cool, I haven't been on it for about a bit, might have to take a look!

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Fri May 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Return to “Stuff”