The League

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Rax
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: The League
by Rax » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:03 pm

I love this show, Ive always wondered how a non-NFL fan would take to it though. It definitely has an IASIP vibe to it, one that gets stronger as the series goes on, some of the things they get up are utterly insane but fantastic all the same. :wub:

Rax
Joined in 2008

by Rax » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Fizheuer Zieheuer wrote:
Irocixar wrote:I love this show, Ive always wondered how a non-NFL fan would take to it though.

I know literally nothing about the NFL and the references fly way over my head, but thankfully the storylines and jokes for the most part don't seem to rely on specific knowledge! The cast could probably carry the banter even without the fantasy football backdrop, I think the main thing is that it gives context to some of their more absurd antics Image

Thats true, the fact theyre all playing a fantasy football league is just the reason they all interact, very few of the jokes are based on your knowledge of the NFL, every now and again they will sneak one in there though.

Harman
Joined in 2011

by Harman » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:51 pm

One of my favourite shows for sure. Oh to be able to experience it all again fresh!

SandyCoin
Joined in 2008

by SandyCoin » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:49 pm

I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons and I have no interest in NFL at all. Obviously I had no idea who the player cameos were but that didn't affect the humour in the scenes. Season 4 was a bit too hit and miss for me though. Too much craziness.

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 am

SandyCoin wrote:I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons and I have no interest in NFL at all. Obviously I had no idea who the player cameos were but that didn't affect the humour in the scenes. Season 4 was a bit too hit and miss for me though. Too much craziness.

This man is correct

Harman
Joined in 2011

by Harman » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 am

Hexx wrote:
SandyCoin wrote:I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons and I have no interest in NFL at all. Obviously I had no idea who the player cameos were but that didn't affect the humour in the scenes. Season 4 was a bit too hit and miss for me though. Too much craziness.

This man is correct

Last few were pure gold, though.

Rax
Joined in 2008

by Rax » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:03 am

It did go completely off the wall is S4 but it managed to just about hold it all together. I think the show got crazier so Rafi stands out less now, when he was first introduced he was the source of all the madness, now hes just another lunatic in the asylum.

Igor
Joined in 2008

by Igor » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Great show. Blitzed through season 4 as soon as it was available on Netflix.

Harman
Joined in 2011

by Harman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Don't know if any of you guys are aware but you can watch S5E1 now and it's strawberry floating hilarious. So glad to have this show back!

smurphy
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child

by smurphy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Harman wrote:Don't know if any of you guys are aware but you can watch S5E1 now

Where?

Harman
Joined in 2011

by Harman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:22 am

smurphy wrote:
Harman wrote:Don't know if any of you guys are aware but you can watch S5E1 now

Where?

I used ProjectFreeTV.

Rax
Joined in 2008

by Rax » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:28 am

Yeah Im gonna do that same thing as last year, wait until after the Superbowl and binge on it with Netflix. Such a good show.

smurphy
Joined in 2008

by smurphy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Fizheuer Zieheuer wrote:yeah i caught that, but i reckon i'll wait til the season is over and boxset it after. looking forward to more antics!

FX seem to get stuff on the UK Netflix pretty damn quick, I'll wait for that.

Harman
Joined in 2011

by Harman » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Well, guess I'll have to keep my quote-circlejerking to Reddit then. Thanks, guys :(

Rax
Joined in 2008

by Rax » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:47 am

Watched it all over the weekend, not as good as previous seasons but there were some great moments.

The choir at the very end. :lol:

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Started watching this last week based on this thread. I'm somewhere in series 2 at the moment. The one where Taco becomes a notary was strawberry floating hilarious. Great show.

smurphy
Joined in 2008

by smurphy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:17 am

The episode with the guy with ALS. Pure genius. :lol:

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:10 am

Hit the end of season 3 yesterday. I thought Ruxin's stroke was a bit close to the bone. But all in a great season.

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:11 am

1st episode of series 5, 30 seconds in and we get Risky Jizzness. Back on form.

Rax
Joined in 2008

by Rax » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:46 pm

Season 6 is up on Netflix, they push it even further into black humour territory. Not the highs of previous seasons but some enjoyable moments none the less. And theres another Rafi and Dirty Randy episode. :D

Return to “Stuff”