Boardwalk Empire - End of the Empire

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Crimson
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Boardwalk Empire - Season 3, Mondays
by Crimson » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:01 am

Richard is finally getting his own arc it this season it would seem, about time.

And good to see Randolph again.

Need more Chalky though.

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:00 am

I'm right here.

Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:05 am

Not black enough. Sorry mate, just won't cut it.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:38 am

Brerlappins little hat wrote:
chalkitdown wrote:It was slightly dull, but nothing happened?

Nucky starting a war with Shooter McGavin is a pretty big deal, as is the final scene with Mrs Thompson and Owen.

I hate when people claim nothing happened when there was actually a fair amount of gooseberry fool going on. Boardwalk tends to have a slow episode every few eps but its all stage setting. Plenty happened in that ep, its jsut that none of it was quite as shocking as the rosetti scenes from last week

I accept that for pacing there has to be a a slower episode, it wanst a complaint, just an observation, things are set up of course but found the ommission of Rosetti baffling as last weeks episode was almost a cliff hanger on what he's going to do. The Senate storyline is going to get good and hopefully they ax Margerets hospital malarky, was way to boring imo.

....and yes, Chalky White needs to be in it more, he's a legend.

EDIT: and what about the FBI lad and the hiding of the body? :|

Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:19 am

Photek wrote:
Brerlappins little hat wrote:
chalkitdown wrote:It was slightly dull, but nothing happened?

Nucky starting a war with Shooter McGavin is a pretty big deal, as is the final scene with Mrs Thompson and Owen.

I hate when people claim nothing happened when there was actually a fair amount of gooseberry fool going on. Boardwalk tends to have a slow episode every few eps but its all stage setting. Plenty happened in that ep, its jsut that none of it was quite as shocking as the rosetti scenes from last week

EDIT: and what about the FBI lad and the hiding of the body? :|

Since we didn't see any of him, we can assume the body was disposed of without event.

I accept that the show has too large a cast to check in with every week. It's a good thing every character is so well realised otherwise it could have turned out to be a very frustrating show.

SandyCoin
Joined in 2008

by SandyCoin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Love the show but as is the case with me (sometimes my attention slips away for a minute or so) I am a little lost with the Nucky and Shooter Mcgavin storyline.

I get that when he was in Washington the courts etc were basically not fussed about punishing those who had been caught with alcohol or anything along that nature hence the board judge and $5 fine.

But who is the weird southern guy who makes people put cash into the fish bowl? Nucky seems to have started a bit of a war with him and Shooter but I just need a bit of clearing up. From what I gathered from an earlier episode this Southern guy was making money off the prohibition as mobsters were giving him money to I guess turn the other cheek. Where does Shooter come into it with him?

I was reading a review and someones comment about the Jimmy lookalike part. They seemed to suggest they think Gillian wasn't just being weird and wanting to strawberry float her son, but wants to use this guy to trick people into thinking he's Jimmy seeing as the brothel etc is in his name. That would just be a bit too far-fetched imo. Surely people would recognise the difference..

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:17 pm

SandyCoin wrote:I was reading a review and someones comment about the Jimmy lookalike part. They seemed to suggest they think Gillian wasn't just being weird and wanting to strawberry float her son, but wants to use this guy to trick people into thinking he's Jimmy seeing as the brothel etc is in his name. That would just be a bit too far-fetched imo. Surely people would recognise the difference..

I think she's gona kill him/get him killed, so everything of Jimmy's transfers to her/his son. Meaning she has more control over the whore house.

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:28 pm

SandyCoin wrote:
I was reading a review and someones comment about the Jimmy lookalike part. They seemed to suggest they think Gillian wasn't just being weird and wanting to strawberry float her son, but wants to use this guy to trick people into thinking he's Jimmy seeing as the brothel etc is in his name. That would just be a bit too far-fetched imo. Surely people would recognise the difference..[/inlinespoiler]

That's a logical leap the show would (thankfully) never make. There could be more to it but I interpreted it as her simply reliving the fantasy and refusing to let and go and accept that he's really gone.

SandyCoin
Joined in 2008

by SandyCoin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:45 pm

The Crimson Clown wrote:
SandyCoin wrote:
I was reading a review and someones comment about the Jimmy lookalike part. They seemed to suggest they think Gillian wasn't just being weird and wanting to strawberry float her son, but wants to use this guy to trick people into thinking he's Jimmy seeing as the brothel etc is in his name. That would just be a bit too far-fetched imo. Surely people would recognise the difference..[/inlinespoiler]

That's a logical leap the show would (thankfully) never make. There could be more to it but I interpreted it as her simply reliving the fantasy and refusing to let and go and accept that he's really gone.

I too was originally thinking it was just to show her not being able to move on. But they dedicated quite a lot of time to scenes with the two. We knew she wasn't letting go as she was clearly in denial when the mention of him being dead cropped up so did we really need further evidence? Perhaps just another case of using a sex scene to get the idea across? After all it is HBO. So maybe something more will occur. The fact he looks absolutely nothing like Jimmy really hopes it's nothing to do with passing him off as him.

SandyCoin
Joined in 2008

by SandyCoin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Cheers. Just read a massive recap of the show as well. I just had trouble remembering what the illegal activity that implicated Daugherty was. Still not 100% sure, but I guess it's just because he's high up and everything goes through him. Have we seen the bumbling, nervous, sweaty guy who cried during the Scout speech before?

Quite an interesting read though what I read and more people suggesting Gillian is going to use Roger to pose as Jimmy to get the deeds. No driving licences etc back then apparently, so in theory it could work. But surely some photographic evidence would be needed for such a thing and aside from the hair there isn't really any resemblance. Not convinced about it but a lot of people seem to be leaning towards that plotline.

Not read a single good thing about Margarets storylines :lol: Really wish they would end it all with her. Just saps the life out of the show and slows it down to a walking pace. I couldn't care less about how bad women's health education was back then. Not enough to watch stuff about it anyway.

Sounds like a gooden next week. I never watch previews though.

Dblock
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery

by Dblock » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Im watching Season 2 of BW. The guy who does the weird chicken noises at the start had me laughing so loud in the middle of the night.

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
Dblock
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery

by Dblock » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Wow just had the show ruined for me while I was searching for the clip of the guy making weird noises when Jimmy visits Lucky Luciano and the short fella. :x

strawberry float!

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:52 pm

HM wrote:I think she's gona kill him/get him killed, so everything of Jimmy's transfers to her/his son. Meaning she has more control over the whore house.

8-) 8-) Although Harrow could still throw a spanner in that plan.

Gyp is gona tear gooseberry fool up next few episodes :shock: :shock:

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Jimmy mother is strawberry floating cray-cray. But so strawberry floating hot! Urgh....conflicted.

SandyCoin
Joined in 2008

by SandyCoin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Brerlappins little hat wrote:Youd also want to wash your dick in bleach afterwards.

Great episode this week, another slow one, but some excellent character stuff. Really enjoyed it. Gyp in the Church was amaze :lol:

I rather enjoyed the family dinner part :lol: Classic Italian scared of mama. Pretty clear where he gets his temper from.

Not sure I like the idea of that guy being a Jimmy double. Doesn't work for me at all, which is probably why I was convincing myself they weren't going to do that. Oh well, I'll see what happens with it next.

Boo!
Joined in 2008

by Boo! » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 pm

Jimmys mas nipples are too big

Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:58 am

Very low key this week but in the best possible way. Some brilliant moments.

chalkitdown wrote:Jimmy mother is strawberry floating cray-cray. But so strawberry floating hot! Urgh....conflicted.

I know what you mean. :shifty:

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Van Alden.

It finally happened!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :o :o :o And it was glorious! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And holy strawberry float at that ending! :shock:

That was an incredible episode. gooseberry fool is gonna go down in the final 4 episodes.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Good episode and the ending sets things up very nicely for the rest of the season.

Still no Chalky though! :x

Crimson
Joined in 2008

by Crimson » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:25 am

strawberry floating hell, I had thought the episode peaked with the incredible Van Alden scene... :shock:

Did they actually blow up a part of the multi million dollar boardwalk set? Because it certainly looked like it. Fair strawberry floating play.

I'm sure this gif has some milage.

Amazing. :lol:

Return to “Stuff”